KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One way of thinking is that in order to get his way in future Kev threatened to walk/leaked that he was resigning, knowing that it would prompt a huge reaction amongst the fans and show the board that he couldn't be messed around. Might be reading too much into it but if that's the case the man's an outrageously courageous genius.

Well I'll repeat what I said much earlier in this thread.

If the result of all this shite is that a good manager stays and the club realise what is required to run a football club correctly, this could all be worth it.

Let's hope they thrash things out and move forward with the air cleared.

Keep dreaming Dave man, that'll never happen :-[

Oh wait, it's true! :celb:

Guest hikickry

I really believe the 'discussions' aren't about Keegan's future now, I believe he is staying. NUFC and the LMA would never has made their respective statements if they thought there was any chance he would end up leaving.

I just hope they're ironing out the best way to go forward.

this is how I see it. The discussions will likely be the compromises they will both make, ashley more so than KK. All this resulting in a clearer view on the roles at the club, and better relations.

He remains. Excellent.

Guess he threw his toys out when he didn't get what he wanted, and the board just didn't realise how much he meant he'd walk (thinking they can use his love for the club against him) if he didn't get what he wanted and was probably promised.

Discussions ongoing? Guess we are finally going to see some top quality players coming in to the club now, thick and fast.

If the result of all this shite is that a good manager stays and the club realise what is required to run a football club correctly, this could all be worth it.

I would like to think both sides have been able to make their cases. I doubt it's a case of one is 100% right or the other 100% wrong. Hopefully the end result is we keep Keegan as manager, and we keep what has been a pretty successful recruitment team in place.

I actually think we're lucky to have both Keegan and Ashley.

If we come out of this with Ashley's long-term plan intact, sprinkled with a big of Keegan big spending in future, that would seem to be the perfect result.

Considering how fucked we could have been by now, I'm cautiously optomistic.

If we come out of this with Ashley's long-term plan intact, sprinkled with a bit of Keegan big spending in future, that would seem to be the perfect result.

Considering how fucked we could have been by now, I'm cautiously optimistic.

It should have been like that in the 1st place, there is no real reason why it didn't happen in the summer bar the board being tight.

I would like to think both sides have been able to make their cases. I doubt it's a case of one is 100% right or the other 100% wrong. Hopefully the end result is we keep Keegan as manager, and we keep what has been a pretty successful recruitment team in place.

Yep, I'm certainly not saying Keegan is perfectly innocent in this; obviously I've no idea either way.

What we need are a good manager and the club's good ideas pulling together in the same direction. If this farce is what was required to ensure that then so be it.

I guess the January window will be /should be very interesting indeed, lesson leaned by Ashley, a manager picks the players he wants you and your staff do all they can to make the managers choices happen. OR you scout players sit down with your manager and ask if any of the players that have been scouted are of any use to him..

If we come out of this with Ashley's long-term plan intact, sprinkled with a bit of Keegan big spending in future, that would seem to be the perfect result.

Considering how fucked we could have been by now, I'm cautiously optimistic.

It should have been like that in the 1st place, there is no real reason why it didn't happen in the summer bar the board being tight.

True, but 'tight' for the right reasons - getting the club in a stable footing and spending within our means. Ashley will be a good chairman, but I doubt he'll even sink 100s of millions of his own money into signings. I honestly don't blame him for that.

I'm happy enough with that latest statement to actually go and do some work for the first time all week.The one thing I am taking from this so far is to NEVER, EVER trust a word in the press. It's quite shocking when you think this has all came about from yet another shitty Daily Mail story, then all other press sources just reporting on what each other are reporting.

I guess the January window will be /should be very interesting indeed, lesson leaned by Ashley, a manager picks the players he wants you and your staff do all they can to make the managers choices happen. OR you scout players sit down with your manager and ask if any of the players that have been scouted are of any use to him..

Hard to judge in the January window like however our scouting team should already have a few lined up

I think you're all being very optimistic if you think the discussions are not still regarding his future. All that statement really confirms is is currently the manager.

According to the LMA they're having meetings about things KK is very concerned about.

I agree it's positive, but's far from over I think.

The discussions will be about everyone's future, including the club as a whole. They've seen the potential backlash now, and therefore know what it means to the fans.