KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Wise sacked in the morning!? .....anyone? ......anyone?

It looks like Ashley has a choice. Sack Wise and Lambias or let Keegan walk.

Guest hikickry

I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning and not read this thread title, just look at the number. If it's 214 pages I'll know he's walked, if it's about 106 I'll know everythings fine. :lol:

your eyes wouldn't be able to avoid the title, you know it!

KK isn't skint and if he was then the last thing you do is resign/walk away from a lucrative job. I can't remember where I read it but it was once stated he was worth £25m and from what I can remember he only pumped about £3m into his Soccer Circus venture, with other business associates of his investing a few more million. Anyway money isn't what motivates KK.

That's my point . . . he wouldn't resign. Therefore, he HAS either been sacked

I think you underestimate KK or rather have overplayed this whole skint thing. EWven if he was skint, KK would not stand for any crap and would rather as he has shown right throughout his career as a player and manager to walk away, even at the expense of money, especially where Newcastle United is concerned. This is a man who when he first took over with the club at the bottom of the old 2nd division and skint paid Terry Mac's wages from his own pocket and didn't claim a salary himself until the club was not only safe but financially stable too. Indeed he wasn't going to ask for anything if the club were relegated so had we went down he would have been massively out of pocket. I say massively, he had a few bob back then because he was prepared to buy Sir John Hall out or give him his money back for the club and run it himself. This by the way people - these facts - is why we love him so much more than anything, because he genuinly cares about the club, enough to walk away if he feels he's being taken for a ride.

Worthy sentiments, and I hope you're right.

They've already told us - he hasn't gone. Relax.

Stick together. Ashley's conduct over the last year to me seems to be for the best of the club (i.e. in its current state of not having a load of Arab oil money running it). Keegan loves the club and wouldn't want to sell the fans short. We have two parties who both want the best for NUFC, perhaps for different reasons, but still the the best. Ride the storm.!!

Guest Geordiesned

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!  :clap2:

waitaminit... blatant mod tampering going on!

Apart from the fact that message is on page 99? :lol:

Can anyone tell me exactly where this is now? I had a chance at lunch and skysports said he had gone, now he hasn't? what the f***?

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1383045,00.html

Thank f*** for that. There is no way they would release that and then say he has resigned. No f***ing way.

no no way ...... unless theyre a bunch of lying bastards

Well thats the thing, how can they come back from that? There will be real hell on.

Dunno, but it stinks of fish to me...one parties word aginst the other... Out of this they are probably relying on the loyalty of the fans to the club.. At the end of the day the fans will keep going to matches no matter who's in charge

Guest Howaythetoon

IF Keegan loves this club as much as he says and i believe that he does, he will come back after he's seen all the support from the fans for him today.

It is this love of NUFC and because he has some integrity as an individual human being that has more than likely (if he has) forced him into resigning or walking away. If KK feels he can't do his magic to the best of his ability he won't hang around like a bad smell hoping for things to fix themselves or to go with the flow, much less a pay-off ala Souness or Roeder.

So what do you believe HTT. Staying or going?

Oh, he's gone. :(

Guest optimistic nit

IF Keegan loves this club as much as he says and i believe that he does, he will come back after he's seen all the support from the fans for him today.

It is this love of NUFC and because he has some integrity as an individual human being that has more than likely (if he has) forced him into resigning or walking away. If KK feels he can't do his magic to the best of his ability he won't hang around like a bad smell hoping for things to fix themselves or to go with the flow, much less a pay-off ala Souness or Roeder.

So what do you believe HTT. Staying or going?

Oh, he's gone. :(

i'll be off to put all my money on him staying on betfair then ;)

I'm a biit confused about the continued references to Dennis (cockney spiv) Wise.

We definitely don't want him as manager, that much is a given, but why is everyone so sure that he is at fault for this entire situation? Have i missed something?

This is an absolute fucking joke to be honest.

If he's gone tell us.

If he;s staying tell us.

For fuck sake man, just tell us what is going on. We as fans dont deserve to be left in the dark like this.

have you considered that the club may not know if he's still going to be our manager or not tomorrow?

I'm glad we reached page 100 lads. Even if Keegan isn't coming back, who really cares after making such a landmark achievement?

I hope Keegan fucks off and doesn't come back. Who the fuck does he think he is anyway? The Geordie Messiah? My fucking arse, he is. Get Wise in.

WISE by name, WISE by nature.

Personally, I can't wait until Mike Ashley announces that he's relocating the club 250 miles South to Aylesbury. 

Guest hikickry

I'm glad we reached page 100 lads. Even if Keegan isn't coming back, who really cares after making such a landmark achievement?

I hope Keegan f***s off and doesn't come back. Who the f*** does he think he is anyway? The Geordie Messiah? My f***ing arse, he is. Get Wise in.

WISE by name, WISE by nature.

Personally, I can't wait until Mike Ashley announces that he's relocating the club 250 miles South to Aylesbury. 

hehe, your sarcasm amuses me......................doesn't it?