KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tomorrow's going to be just as bad as well unless the club make a announcement first thing saying "he's staying and let's get on with it" and I won't hold my breath on that one. Either another day of not knowing what the fuck is going on awaits or he goes early and we have another day of misery while we wrap our heads round it.

This is supposed to be an enjoyable pastime of a weekend ffs.

The club have made their announcement, they want Keegan to be part of their "long term strategy". We are now waiting to hear from KK on whether he wants to be part of it is how I read it.

Tomorrow's going to be just as bad as well unless the club make a announcement first thing saying "he's staying and let's get on with it" and I won't hold my breath on that one. Either another day of not knowing what the fuck is going on awaits or he goes early and we have another day of misery while we wrap our heads round it.

You have the power to determine how this affects you though. Yes, it would mean you'd need to become more of a hard-hearted bastard to not let this sort of thing get you down. But it can be done. The choice is yours.

I'm actually cringing watching the fans on the BBC News report  :blush:

Don't sweat it, did you not see the Man City fan they interviewed outside their ground? 99.9% of fans interviewed outside football grounds are an embarrassment.

Can anyone remember Kev's interview with Radio Newcastle shortly after he returned? Saying how he reads the forums all the time to find out what the fans are thinking. Wonder if he is reading this thread. :razz:

I wonder what he makes of the Alan Smith thread?

Tomorrow's going to be just as bad as well unless the club make a announcement first thing saying "he's staying and let's get on with it" and I won't hold my breath on that one. Either another day of not knowing what the f*** is going on awaits or he goes early and we have another day of misery while we wrap our heads round it.

You have the power to determine how this affects you though. Yes, it would mean you'd need to become more of a hard-hearted b****** to not let this sort of thing get you down. But it can be done. The choice is yours.

totally.

and that should be your sig.

Tomorrow's going to be just as bad as well unless the club make a announcement first thing saying "he's staying and let's get on with it" and I won't hold my breath on that one. Either another day of not knowing what the f*** is going on awaits or he goes early and we have another day of misery while we wrap our heads round it.

The club have made their announcement, they want Keegan to be part of their "long term strategy". We are now waiting to hear from KK on whether he wants to be part of it is how I read it.

I don't think there's any doubt he wants to be part of the club's long term strategy but whether he wants to continue working wth a bunch of hapless cockney fuckwits is a different matter.

This is probably a smokescreen to cover our transfer misgivings,but because of the lack of funds given to KK,i cant see him being here much longer anyhow.Kev is a man of principle and if he hasnt been given promised funds,hell go soon anyhow.

This is probably a smokescreen to cover our transfer misgivings,but because of the lack of funds given to KK,i cant see him being here much longer anyhow.Kev is a man of principle and if he hasnt been given promised funds,hell go soon anyhow.

That's how I feel, which I know I shouldn't really. If Keegan comes out and says that there were problems which have now been sorted, it'll give the perfect excuse to brush over the fact that we simply didn't bring players in which we needed.

All I want right now is to just watch Xisco and Gonzalez play in our team, as you just know they will be good players.

It's never really just about the football though is it ... very frustrating.

I don't think there's any doubt he wants to be part of the club's long term strategy but whether he wants to continue working wth a bunch of hapless cockney fuckwits is a different matter.

He had similar problems working with hapless Geordie fuckwits last time he was manager IIRC. That's your lot as a football manager I suppose.

Guest hikickry

so, this thread slowly winding down for the night? God, i feel knackered, but not yet relieved; its a strange feeling, my mind wont let me relax but i keep drifting into spells of complacency......god!  :frantic:

:nods:

Well if Keegan DOES stay, someone else will certainly be going i.e. Vetere, Jimenez, Wise.

Or Llambias maybe.

Like A Llambias to the Slaughter.

Maybe he should come out and say something Dave.The silence of the Llambias is fucking deafening.

:lol:

the only way we can come out with ANY resect or prospects after today is if we dont pick a side between ashley and keegan.

BOTH of these guys need our support if we are to have a successful season, if we start backing keegan and chasing out ashley with pitchforks we'll look like idiots and we'll damage our club.

we dont have a squilionaire from dubai, live with it, we have a set up that had been appearing to work on and off the field until monday the first of sepetember, and if keegan is here tomorrow hopefully we'll continue to make progress.

We need to be united right now, or we're f***ed, because we'll be getting stick from all angles, keegan will, ashley will, and we'd be in a better position if we ourselves didn't add to it.

Keegan can't improve us alone and he isn't the only person who deserves credit for improving us, and i believe since ashley took over, and since he took over, we have improved.

I don't often agree with what you have to say, but I'm in total agreements with your sentiments, no use taking sides here it would be counter productive in the extreme.

the only way we can come out with ANY resect or prospects after today is if we dont pick a side between ashley and keegan.

BOTH of these guys need our support if we are to have a successful season, if we start backing keegan and chasing out ashley with pitchforks we'll look like idiots and we'll damage our club.

we dont have a squilionaire from dubai, live with it, we have a set up that had been appearing to work on and off the field until monday the first of sepetember, and if keegan is here tomorrow hopefully we'll continue to make progress.

We need to be united right now, or we're f***ed, because we'll be getting stick from all angles, keegan will, ashley will, and we'd be in a better position if we ourselves didn't add to it.

Keegan can't improve us alone and he isn't the only person who deserves credit for improving us, and i believe since ashley took over, and since he took over, we have improved.

I don't often agree with what you have to say, but I'm in total agreements with your sentiments, no use taking sides here it would be counter productive in the extreme.

True but if the other side of the coin hits tommorow we are fucked for now.

you certainly can't pick a side till you know why who done what.

The Hatemail's take on events.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1051950/Keegan-doomed---row-8m-Newcastle-compensation.html

Keegan doomed ... now for the row over his £8m Newcastle compensation

By Colin Young Last updated at 10:36 PM on 02nd September 2008

Kevin Keegan was talking to his lawyers last night as he considered launching a claim for constructive dismissal against Newcastle United

After a day of drama in which owner Mike Ashley insisted Keegan had not been sacked as manager, the ex-England boss was in a Manchester hotel with his legal advisers. Newcastle do not want to pay the compensation on his contract, believed to be £8million.

The 57-year-old believes his position at St James' Park has become untenable after a day of boardroom posturing. Although players and staff are expecting Keegan to take training this morning, his family and friends believe his time is over. His contract obliges him to pay more than £1million in compensation if he walks out and Keegan is exploring how to resolve the situation without actually resigning.

The club have admitted Keegan and Ashley, along with members of the board, held two heated meetings, as exclusively revealed by Sportsmail yesterday.

Transfer policy, the failure to tie Michael Owen to a new contract, the role of football director Dennis Wise and the aborted sale of Joey Barton, which fell through on transfer deadline day, were discussed. The Newcastle board were convinced Keegan had walked out following a ferocious row.

He accused them of 'false promises' and they told him he knew he would be working within a budget when he returned to the club.

'We are not Chelsea or Manchester City,' one senior member of staff is said to have told the manager during the blazing row.

Keegan left the second meeting yesterday morning believing he had been sacked but Newcastle put out a statement seven hours later claiming he had not been dismissed but remained an integral part of the club's future. This came a f t e r thousands of fans gathered outside the ground calling for Ashley's head.

The billionaire sportswear tycoon is understood to have been unsettled by the adverse reaction of fans to Keegan's departure and the prospect of Wise taking over the reins with his former Leeds assistant and Chelsea team-mate Gus Poyet.

The current regime is already reeling from the lowest attendance at St James' for more than a decade for the opening home fixture with Bolton, with an unheard of 4,500 empty seats. Huge pro-Keegan demonstrations are expected at their next game against Hull City on September 13.

Keegan and Ashley clashed in a heated exchange over a number of issues which have been coming to a head for several weeks, with Keegan unable any longer to suppress his anger and frustration.

He was upset that the entire squad was put up for sale on Monday as the transfer window closed and that two more players, Xisco and Nacho Gonzalez, were signed without his knowledge. Keegan was also disturbed by the plan to sell Joey Barton behind his back.

Like summer additions Danny Guthrie, Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez, the latest signings have been scouted and hired by Wise and his fellow director Tony Jimenez, with Keegan having little say in the process.

Keegan, who resigned as Newcastle manager in 1997 over the club's Stock Market sale, was fully aware of Wise's pending arrival when he took over but has not been comfortable with the reality of being a manager in name only. Former Ireland and Newcastle defender John Anderson, who played alongside Keegan on Tyneside in the early Eighties, said: 'It's no surprise. I think the way he has been treated has been shabby to say the least. From the outside it looks like he's been let down.'

John Beresford, who played under Keegan during his first spell as manager from 1992-97, said: 'I can't tell you how bad this will be for the club. This could be devastating for Newcastle. Kevin Keegan had put the club back on track again - the fans were starting to feel pride in the club again.'