KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

dont know if this has been said yet, but try to remember before you jump to a definite conclusion that we havent actually heard ANY side of this story yet. we only know what the media claim to know. let the facts come out and then pick a side (it hopefully wont get to side-picking stage of course)

I'll have you know, in the hierarchy of reliable sources, David Craig "sensing" something is about to happen, is right up there.

dont know if this has been said yet, but try to remember before you jump to a definite conclusion that we havent actually heard ANY side of this story yet. we only know what the media claim to know. let the facts come out and then pick a side (it hopefully wont get to side-picking stage of course)

I'll have you know, in the hierarchy of reliable sources, David Craig "sensing" something is about to happen, is right up there.

:lol: Priceless piece of reporting

BBC News channel presenter says 'breaking news' from collegues at BBC Sport that Keegan has not been sacked and has said he has NOT resigned.

EDIT:  Just been looking at some wires, this comes from Richard Bevan, Chairman of the League Managers Association, who says he has spoken with KK tonight. He also says KK will be meeting with the board over the next few days to discuss "Important issues"

:lol: Priceless piece of reporting

Actually, David Craig generally trying to pass himself off as a sports journalist is enough daily comedy for me.

BBC News channel presenter says 'breaking news' from collegues at BBC Sport that Keegan has not been sacked and has said he has NOT resigned.

EDIT:  Just eben looking at some wires, this comes from Richard Bevan, Chairman of the League Managers Association, who says he has talked to KK.  he also says KK will be meeting with the board over the next few days to discuss "Important issues"

translation...keegans lawyers have told him his constructive dismissal idea has no chance.

Guest optimistic nit

i really do hope that all the press releases currently circulating aren't just both sides attemtping to avoid or get compensation. thats a very cynical approach mind, i dont think its true.

EDIT:  Just been looking at some wires, this comes from Richard Bevan, Chairman of the League Managers Association, who says he has talked to KK tonight. He also says KK will be meeting with the board over the next few days to discuss "Important issues"

Hmmm. Interesting. If the Chairman of the LMA is actually being quoted (?), then that sounds like more than idle gossip and media spin.

This whole day has been ridiculously depressing. Why the f*** does this always have to happen at our club. Is a little stability too much to ask? :undecided:

I feel you.

While everyone was tlaking about challenging the top 6 straight away, I was just looking most forward to watching Keegan type footie, some new exciting signings and no more threat of relegation or speculation and drama regarding the club.

Oh well ...

Richard Bevan, the chief executive of the League Managers Association, later said that Keegan has not resigned as Newcastle manager.

"(Bevan) has tonight spoken to Keegan, who over the next few days will be communicating with the club's board to discuss a number of important issues," reported BBC Radio 5 Live.

One of the main areas of dispute is believed to be the future of controversial midfielder Joey Barton, a player who Keegan has strongly supported.

Barton was recently in jail for 74 days for an assault conviction and will also be attending a personal hearing on Friday after admitting a Football Association violent conduct charge.

BBC 5 Live commentator Ian Dennis said: "My understanding is that Kevin Keegan has fallen foul of the board over the future of Joey Barton. Obviously he remains loyal to Barton."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7593683.stm

This whole day has been ridiculously depressing. Why the f*** does this always have to happen at our club. Is a little stability too much to ask? :undecided:

I feel you.

While everyone was tlaking about challenging the top 6 straight away, I was just looking most forward to watching Keegan type footie, some new exciting signings and no more threat of relegation or speculation and drama regarding the club.

Oh well ...

you don't get it do you. it's newcastle united. thats how we do things. from jackie milburn getting dropped for a cup final and the other players threatening to go on strike to george eastham to dinnis era player power to "sack the board" to shepherd and the dogs to today.

NUFC is an unruly law unto itself,she was once a lover and is now a very good friend, we'll be together till the end no matter what.

Quite frankly, I am not really all that surprised at this development. It is a mirror image of Keegans tactic of forcing SJH hand when he walked out in 1992.

Just about every job he has had has ended in some sort of controversy with him throwing his dummy because he couldnt get his own way.

When you analyse the situation where the previous regime took the club to the brink of administration, we should all be thankful to Ashley for saving us from obscurity and putting in place a strategy for the future based on a healthy business plan where the club does not run the risk of repeating the financial black hole we fell into under Shepherd.

Success doesnt happen overnight unless the club has a super rich benefactor like Man City and Chelsea and Ashley is taking the club along the right lines in order to achieve some sort of success in the future without putting the club into unmanageable debt. He may be a billionaire but he is also a shrewd businessman and we should appreciate the fact that he has put the club financially back on its feet.

KK has a history of impatience and whilst he may have been promised substantial funds, it is possible that the players we are or have been after have looked at the club in general and seen years of failure in the trophy winning cabinet, year after year of conflict and mismangement and thought that they would be better off elsewhere.

In short, the club still needs to stabilise after several years of problems associated with bad appointments and financial overspends. Ashley is trying to do the right thing here in adapting his business strategy and KK needs to accept that the club is not run the same way as it was in the 90s. Success will not be immediate but needs to be built, like Arsenal or Ferguson at MU. We need stabilisation and a management system that works together over many years. Ashley can achieve this but not with Keegan. He is not the right man for the job because of his record of petulance and impatience. A manager like Mark Hughes would have been perfect for our club.

If KK has walked, then I believe the club will be better for it. It cannot be run by one man's opinions.

Quite frankly, I am not really all that surprised at this development. It is a mirror image of Keegans tactic of forcing SJH hand when he walked out in 1992.

Just about every job he has had has ended in some sort of controversy with him throwing his dummy because he couldnt get his own way.

When you analyse the situation where the previous regime took the club to the brink of administration, we should all be thankful to Ashley for saving us from obscurity and putting in place a strategy for the future based on a healthy business plan where the club does not run the risk of repeating the financial black hole we fell into under Shepherd.

Success doesnt happen overnight unless the club has a super rich benefactor like Man City and Chelsea and Ashley is taking the club along the right lines in order to achieve some sort of success in the future without putting the club into unmanageable debt. He may be a billionaire but he is also a shrewd businessman and we should appreciate the fact that he has put the club financially back on its feet.

KK has a history of impatience and whilst he may have been promised substantial funds, it is possible that the players we are or have been after have looked at the club in general and seen years of failure in the trophy winning cabinet, year after year of conflict and mismangement and thought that they would be better off elsewhere.

In short, the club still needs to stabilise after several years of problems associated with bad appointments and financial overspends. Ashley is trying to do the right thing here in adapting his business strategy and KK needs to accept that the club is not run the same way as it was in the 90s. Success will not be immediate but needs to be built, like Arsenal or Ferguson at MU. We need stabilisation and a management system that works together over many years. Ashley can achieve this but not with Keegan. He is not the right man for the job because of his record of petulance and impatience. A manager like Mark Hughes would have been perfect for our club.

If KK has walked, then I believe the club will be better for it. It cannot be run by one man's opinions.

what a load of absolute shite.

Pretty much the course for someone like you.

I feel you.

Oh well ...

you don't get it do you. it's newcastle united. thats how we do things. from jackie milburn getting dropped for a cup final and the other players threatening to go on strike to george eastham to dinnis era player power to "sack the board" to shepherd and the dogs to today.

NUFC is an unruly law unto itself,she was once a lover and is now a very good friend, we'll be together till the end no matter what.

Was the Dinnis era when a few players went around to the chairmans house to get the manager the sack?

Something similar I think, all before my time.

yes and no. if they hadbn't got him back after his origianl walk out would we have became what we are today (a respected prem club not continuing circus)

Take this how you will, I know ITK bollocks is all usually useless. I work at the England Cricket Board, and my manager, the director of corporate communications, used to do the same job at the FA, and basically at the request of Paul Collingwood and Steve Harmison he put a call into some people over there to try and find out:

Keegan went mental re: the attempted sale of Barton and Smith behind his back. Nobody tried to sell Owen, that was never on the agenda, we were simply waiting until after deadline day to sort that out. He was furious as he'd said we shouldn't sell either with lack of adequate replacement. However, Ashley, Vetere, Jimenez and Wise considered Xisco and Gonzalez to be adequate replacement for both so went ahead with it, without consulting KK, and thus a complete fiasco ensued - in the end they said they wouldn't sell either but KK being a man of principle refused to back down, especially as Milner was essentially sold behind his bacl - despite public utterings to the contrary he was almightily unhappy about it.

The current state of affairs: Keegan acte dout, heated arguments ensued in the meetings with him threatening to walk and the others threatening the sack. Keegan then said he was leaving and walked out but the rest have since realised his value to the club and are now doing their utmost to bring him back/persuade him that this wasn't done over his head, this is what they thought he wanted. He's let down as he does not have complete control over transfers, doesn't know the two new players and feels players are being offered to other clubs behind his back, and thus, as a man of principle, feels his position is untenable. Club reiterated they wouldn't sack him, but are now in the process of convincing him not to leave.

My opinion: Barton and Smith have played a big role in this coming to the surface, which is a crying shame as both have been fairly dogshit since arrival.

Forecast: Keegan will remain as manager, gaining new guarantees about his primacy over transfers.

From the bottom of the BBC article:

BBC Radio 5 Live commentator Ian Dennis said: "My understanding is that Kevin Keegan has fallen foul of the board over the future of Joey Barton. Obviously he remains loyal to Barton.

"The board was quite happy to do a player exchange deal with Blackburn, then they offered a cash deal and it didn't happen.

"Keegan had a meeting with the owners last night, he had a further meeting at St James' Park today (Tuesday) and I'm told things were not going well.

"As to whether he has walked, I don't believe that to be the case."

All this over Joey barton. :doh:

that lad is trouble, i tells ya

the lad better play like Maradona from now on to repay KK`s faith in him.....erm...well......

This thread is like reading a book like "The Stand" by Stephen King, the pages just never end :)

what`s the longest thread we`ve had on this forum? Is it this one now? The Luque one?

From the bottom of the BBC article:

BBC Radio 5 Live commentator Ian Dennis said: "My understanding is that Kevin Keegan has fallen foul of the board over the future of Joey Barton. Obviously he remains loyal to Barton.

"The board was quite happy to do a player exchange deal with Blackburn, then they offered a cash deal and it didn't happen.

"Keegan had a meeting with the owners last night, he had a further meeting at St James' Park today (Tuesday) and I'm told things were not going well.

"As to whether he has walked, I don't believe that to be the case."

All this over Joey barton. :doh:

that lad is trouble, i tells ya

the lad better play like Maradona from now on to repay KK`s faith in him.....erm...well......

This thread is like reading a book like "The Stand" by Stephen King, the pages just never end :)

what`s the longest thread we`ve had on this forum? Is it this one now? The Luque one?

a marathon cos it could run and run but also a sprint as it's over 100 pages in 24hrs.

Take this how you will, I know ITK bollocks is all usually useless. I work at the England Cricket Board, and my manager, the director of corporate communications, used to do the same job at the FA, and basically at the request of Paul Collingwood and Steve Harmison he put a call into some people over there to try and find out:

Keegan went mental re: the attempted sale of Barton and Smith behind his back. Nobody tried to sell Owen, that was never on the agenda, we were simply waiting until after deadline day to sort that out. He was furious as he'd said we shouldn't sell either with lack of adequate replacement. However, Ashley, Vetere, Jimenez and Wise considered Xisco and Gonzalez to be adequate replacement for both so went ahead with it, without consulting KK, and thus a complete fiasco ensued - in the end they said they wouldn't sell either but KK being a man of principle refused to back down, especially as Milner was essentially sold behind his bacl - despite public utterings to the contrary he was almightily unhappy about it.

The current state of affairs: Keegan acte dout, heated arguments ensued in the meetings with him threatening to walk and the others threatening the sack. Keegan then said he was leaving and walked out but the rest have since realised his value to the club and are now doing their utmost to bring him back/persuade him that this wasn't done over his head, this is what they thought he wanted. He's let down as he does not have complete control over transfers, doesn't know the two new players and feels players are being offered to other clubs behind his back, and thus, as a man of principle, feels his position is untenable. Club reiterated they wouldn't sack him, but are now in the process of convincing him not to leave.

My opinion: Barton and Smith have played a big role in this coming to the surface, which is a crying shame as both have been fairly dogshit since arrival.

Forecast: Keegan will remain as manager, gaining new guarantees about his primacy over transfers.

That makes a lot of sense. Smith and Barton ffs.