KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I was on an business trip yesterday, all down because of the loss of the WOW signing  :undecided:

Suddenly a friend of mine paged me about the Keegan riot, i got fucking shaky, when i came home i couldnt think straight even.

Still have problem not being worried.

This whole thing sucks elefant balls

Where was the business trip? 1988?

So what's everybody's dream scenario to come from this? Club statement in the next few days saying "following discussions with Kevin Keegan..."

For me, it would be that Wise has left. I know that sounds harsh as he's done nothing wrong (as far as we know) but if he wasn't there, there'd be no "he wants the job" lark. So sorry Dennis, if you're what needs sacrificing then so be it.

Also, surely it's the Vetere and Jimenez who have picked out Jonas etc?

Guest justin99.

I can't fathom for the life of me why it can't be as follows:

Owner: Ashley

Manager: Keegan

SCOUTS: Jimenez, Vetere etc

Why have the fancy job titles. There should be NO need whatsoever for a Director of Football.

maybe that was the only reason they came?

They are pretty highly regarded.

forgive me if im wrong, but since this amazing trio of wise etc came in - all our signings have been quite decent and shrewd. And not Luque.

If we can get another (foreign) manager who is fine with the system in place, I'm happy.

Sorry kev.

its the fact that KK has got everyone playing as a team, united. (well, as far as on the pitch is concerned) Its his charisma and morale boosting that we would miss the most. And the fact he knows this club and the fans better than anyone else. A foreign manager wouldn't cut it now, imho.

No foreign manager could cut it now?  Lets get real.  They might not "understand the club" like Keegan, but lets not pretend a top foreign manager couldn't get results on the pitch and quickly win the fans over.

im just saying it would be a real shame to spoil the position we were in with the players playing together, respecting keegan. It hasn't been that way in a while, are you seriously expecting a foreign manager to come and acheive that same level of comradeship? And besides, what decent replacements are around at the moment? I'd like to know. Changing manager at the start of the season like this when we have already rebuilt could be damaging. Back to square 1. Well im sick of being back at square 1, starting to rebuild.

I'm not going to disagree with some of that, but that's a very different argument from simply saying "A foreign manager wouldn't cut it" ;)

well, as long as you know what I meant. New foreign man comes in, he starts his vision, from scratch.....again. Im not saying Guus Hiddink couldnt come in and bring success, but how much longer would that take, im sick of future plans, and this season looked like it would be a certain step up from last. Hey, it still could be.

What makes you think any foreign manager (or any decent British manager for that matter) would put up with not being able to buy his own players? The whole situation is a joke, Curbishley walked because they sold Ferdinand and Wenger said the day they appoint a Director of football would be the day he leaves.

You need to make a very clear distinction here, Managers manage and coaches coach. Keegan has been the coach and not the manager and thats why he wants to walk. Get rid of Wise and give Keegan some money and he will stay but I doubt that will happen :(

So what's everybody's dream scenario to come from this? Club statement in the next few days saying "following discussions with Kevin Keegan..."

For me, it would be that Wise has left. I know that sounds harsh as he's done nothing wrong (as far as we know) but if he wasn't there, there'd be no "he wants the job" lark. So sorry Dennis, if you're what needs sacrificing then so be it.

That'd do for me.

As someone said, why complicate matters by having a director of football in there? Just undermines the manager and gives the media easy stories. Unless he's doing something so amazingly difficult that Keegan can't handle (and come on, this is Dennis Wise we're talking about here), just give the power back to KK.

Owner is Ashley.

Chairman is ladies fanny lips.

Manager is Keegan.

Scouts are Jimenez and Vetere.

Bang, sorted.

FFS, there are some serious are armchair football manager gobshytes on here.

WE DO NOT WANT TO LOSE KK AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME.

He is trying to build a fcuking team, has the energy and drive to do so but is being hamprerd by the paper shuffling wankers above him.

Foreign manager my fucking tight toned arse.

Yeah, lets bring in Didier Deschamps, no lets bring in Ranierie, better still Hiddink.

NO ONE WILL TAKE THE JOB IN ITS CURRENT STATE.  And if anyone did, they'd be the bitch of Ashleys men upstairs again.

Any half decent manager would be clued up to why KK left.

Expect maybe O'Leary.  Who is a whore.

Guest jjhughes

Curbishley:- Walks away with complete integrity and most football fans agreeing with his position being impossible.

Keegan:-  No say in transfer policy.Ashley makes net PROFIT in summer transfer dealings and still he stays at the club. A complete joke.Badly in need of money.Won't walk out.They won't fire him.Catch 22.

I luv it.....

That'd do for me.

As someone said, why complicate matters by having a director of football in there? Just undermines the manager and gives the media easy stories. Unless he's doing something so amazingly difficult that Keegan can't handle (and come on, this is Dennis Wise we're talking about here), just give the power back to KK.

Owner is Ashley.

Manager is Keegan.

Bang, sorted.

Get Beardo and Cox back.  :aww:

That'd do for me.

Owner is Ashley.

Manager is Keegan.

Bang, sorted.

It needs clear reporting lines, clear definitions of decision-making control, final sign-off on sales and purchases, agreed process on identification of potential transfers.

Standard Operating Procedures basically, give me a week or two and i could put it together as a business process for them.

Guest hikickry

FFS, there are some serious are armchair football manager gobshytes on here.

WE DO NOT WANT TO LOSE KK AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME.

He is trying to build a fcuking team, has the energy and drive to do so but is being hamprerd by the paper shuffling wankers above him.

Foreign manager my f***ing tight toned arse.

Yeah, lets bring in Didier Deschamps, no lets bring in Ranierie, better still Hiddink.

NO ONE WILL TAKE THE JOB IN ITS CURRENT STATE.  And if anyone did, they'd be the bitch of Ashleys men upstairs again.

Any half decent manager would be clued up to why KK left.

Expect maybe O'Leary.  Who is a whore.

The need for KK to stay goes without saying

Guest hikickry

forgive me if im wrong, but since this amazing trio of wise etc came in - all our signings have been quite decent and shrewd. And not Luque.

If we can get another (foreign) manager who is fine with the system in place, I'm happy.

Sorry kev.

its the fact that KK has got everyone playing as a team, united. (well, as far as on the pitch is concerned) Its his charisma and morale boosting that we would miss the most. And the fact he knows this club and the fans better than anyone else. A foreign manager wouldn't cut it now, imho.

No foreign manager could cut it now?  Lets get real.  They might not "understand the club" like Keegan, but lets not pretend a top foreign manager couldn't get results on the pitch and quickly win the fans over.

im just saying it would be a real shame to spoil the position we were in with the players playing together, respecting keegan. It hasn't been that way in a while, are you seriously expecting a foreign manager to come and acheive that same level of comradeship? And besides, what decent replacements are around at the moment? I'd like to know. Changing manager at the start of the season like this when we have already rebuilt could be damaging. Back to square 1. Well im sick of being back at square 1, starting to rebuild.

I'm not going to disagree with some of that, but that's a very different argument from simply saying "A foreign manager wouldn't cut it" ;)

well, as long as you know what I meant. New foreign man comes in, he starts his vision, from scratch.....again. Im not saying Guus Hiddink couldnt come in and bring success, but how much longer would that take, im sick of future plans, and this season looked like it would be a certain step up from last. Hey, it still could be.

What makes you think any foreign manager (or any decent British manager for that matter) would put up with not being able to buy his own players? The whole situation is a joke, Curbishley walked because they sold Ferdinand and Wenger said the day they appoint a Director of football would be the day he leaves.

You need to make a very clear distinction here, Managers manage and coaches coach. Keegan has been the coach and not the manager and thats why he wants to walk. Get rid of Wise and give Keegan some money and he will stay but I doubt that will happen :(

this is exactly what im getting at. My inclusion of Hiddink in that statement was that that would be the best bloke we could get in. It goes without saying that nobody in their right mind would take over in these circumstances. The Guus Hiddink scenario was in an ideal world, of course I dont expect that to happen. That just reinforces my original point. The importance of KK staying.

Curbishley:- Walks away with complete integrity and most football fans agreeing with his position being impossible.

Keegan:-  No say in transfer policy.Ashley makes net PROFIT in summer transfer dealings and still he stays at the club. A complete joke.Badly in need of money.Won't walk out.They won't fire him.Catch 22.

I luv it.....

How the hell did he make this NET profit in summer transfers?  I'm trying to work it out, most deals were UNDISCLOSED.  So please tell.

How many new players have we in the starting 11?  How much more squad depth do we have?

That'd do for me.

Owner is Ashley.

Manager is Keegan.

Bang, sorted.

It needs clear reporting lines, clear definitions of decision-making control, final sign-off on sales and purchases, agreed process on identification of potential transfers.

Standard Operating Procedures basically, give me a week or two and i could put it together as a business process for them.

You're too expensive Chezzer.

That'd do for me.

Owner is Ashley.

Manager is Keegan.

Bang, sorted.

I'd rather get rid of turkey giblets as well as he's the one responsible in the transfer failings

I'd prefer to judge Keegan on what he's done since he's been here in his second spell as manager, which isn't all that much.

What did you hope he would do in the half a season he has been with us?

That's kind of the point, he hasn't been here long so he hasn't done much, the same goes for the people who are shouting down the recruitment team for not being here long.

Hope this rumour of Wise being sacked is true, and i hope to god KK gets a sack full of money in Xmas window.

But, i hoped that when KK signed, and theres not been any money forthcoming.

Worried.

Where is this rumour Karjala, I gave up at about page 110 or so. I had to get some work done today or I would have got the sack  :laugh:

But how many days do they need for a discussion like this?

Has this meeting also been ongoing at night?

It just feels like they dont understand our worries and that hundred thousands or millions of fans are an inch away from an emotional meltdown.  :crazy2: :frantic:

I don't know why people have got it in their heads that Jimenez is scouting for us. As far as I know he was appointed as a director in regards to the financial bits of a transfer. He's the one who contacts the other club, agent and player to try to thrash out an acceptable deal for us...or am I missing something.

AFAIK it's like this;

Dennis Wise; Oversees the academy and transfers of young players for the academy

Tony Jimenez; Above

Jeff Vetere; Head Scout who gives KK a list to pick from and sends the other scouts on missions.

KK; Has the final word on transfers but isn't the one doing the scouting or negotiations.

This is how the setup works in theory I presume, if it does practically is another thing though.

The thing is that KK supposedly knew all this in January when he came back, so why try to fight it? There has been rumours doing the rounds during the summer that KK has tried to compile his own transfers, which in a moral sense is a breach of contract in my view. He wasn't hired to handle the transfers, he was hired to take care of the First Team and the players bought for him which he had OK'd.

Tin hat on...