KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest pont-toon

He hasnt been sacked BUT has he walked?

excatamundo - the statement released now takes the heat of ashley and puts the ball/onus back on king kev

He's called their bluff and they're shitting it.

Other way around if you ask me.

He's hoyed the teddy and stormed out and they've said they're not changing strategy but he's welcome to be a part of it.

IMHO, of course.

FYI betfair users - i'd probably take this chance just to cover your original lay to ensure you don't lose anything at all should the worst still happen...

For the wider world... I'm still not completely convinced this is the end of it but at least i can now leave work, an hour and a half late because i couldn't work faster than a snail today with all this going on, at least with renewed hope he might be staying. Howay the lads

That last line in the statement, about the club NOT sacking him just leaves me a bit worried that he's about to walk. God forbid but in this day and age

I really hope I'm just a bit too cynical and that he'll remain being the manager for a long long time. We all love King Kev

Guest Geordiesned

Sky Sports News doing some serious grovelling now! Wankers!

"Honestly we did have some major sources that he'd been sacked. That was the information given to us!"

Fuck off you knob jockies and take David Craig with you!

What a monumental f*ck up.  Now fans are thinking because he aint been sacked, he will be back.  Muppets dancing outside the ground.  It doesn't mean he is staying.

Newcastle United values the effort and commitment shown by Kevin since his return to St. James' Park and wants him to continue to play an instrumental role as manager of the Club.

For the avoidance of doubt the Club has not sacked Kevin Keegan as manager

Note: Not "will continue to play an instrumental role".

These things are always very carefully worded, nothing is in there by chance. I'd wager that we'll find out he walked today, either soon or in years to come.