KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i think the only way he'll be staying is if certain demands have been met, it is up to ashley and co to meet them. that might be changing keegan's role in the club to give him more control, or making promises about transfers, or restructuring the backroom staff.

not over by a long shot this one. i just hope ashley doesnt fuck this up and back llambias or jiminez or wise or whoever, over and above Keegan.

bloke on 5 Live talking to Mark Saggers saying we tried to do a part-exchange deal which would see Barton move to Blackburn with Warnock coming the other way

If we lost Keegan over Warnock and Barton it would be both tragic and laughable... who honestly gives a fuck?

Keegan did it once with SJH and it worked, I didn't believe he could pull the same stroke again but I believe he has. If he's still manager he's in a stronger position than ever and that'll be good news for the club in the immediate future.

See what you're saying but that wasn't in the days of SSN or internet chat/technology.

I think he may see this as too public to back down. IMO.

The publicity is strengthening Keegan's position and putting the heat on Ashley and his cronies!

I see what your saying but my point is more about KK and his pride. He may feel too proud to 'come back' as it were.

That wording concerns me greatly.  The club are saying that he hasnt been sacked, they want him to stay. HOWEVER it deosnt say he  hasnt walked.

He will have walked i bet, they are just trying to limit the damage and the fall-out on Ashley.

If he has walked, as i expect, then i can only think its because the club went one step too far, either over the sale of Milner, attempted sale of Barton, the signing of unknowns to Keegan, or a major broken transfer promise.

Or all 4!!!

theres no way they could release a statement like that saying he hasnt been sacked.... then tomorrow, ooops forgot to mention, he walked out.

Stranger things have happened . . . . today.

If Keegan has walked, that statement attempts to put the pressure on Keegan to change his mind, and relieve the pressure on Ashley.

Its only my opinion, but KK's gone (unless he does change his mind)

Guest Guinness

The statement doesn't convince me, no mention of him still being at the club, just that they want him to continue. Seriously hoping the issues mentioned have been resolved and Keegan continues in his role.

i think the only way he'll be staying is if certain demands have been met, it is up to ashley and co to meet them. that might be changing keegan's role in the club to give him more control, or making promises about transfers, or restructuring the backroom staff.

not over by a long shot this one. i just hope ashley doesnt fuck this up and back llambias or jiminez or wise or whoever, over and above Keegan.

Say we do end up with a stronger Keegan, Ashley changing the structure a little bit and both sides compromising and getting things out in the open.

I would say that leaves us in a much better position and more secure going forward. I.e. less likely to lose Keegan to another row later on.

That would be a good result, if the press don't see it that way then fuck them quite frankly.

Keegan did it once with SJH and it worked, I didn't believe he could pull the same stroke again but I believe he has. If he's still manager he's in a stronger position than ever and that'll be good news for the club in the immediate future.

See what you're saying but that wasn't in the days of SSN or internet chat/technology.

I think he may see this as too public to back down. IMO.

The publicity is strengthening Keegan's position and putting the heat on Ashley and his cronies!

I see what your saying but my point is more about KK and his pride. He may feel too proud to 'come back' as it were.

He'll come back if he gets his own way. And if he doesn't Ashley's facing a fire sale and that'll hit him where it hurts, in his pocket.

Guest johnson293

Not sure if its been mentioned, but Doug Weatherall on Look North suggested that Keegan of old would of (and did) walk out under similar matters of principal.

Thinks that if he is staying this time under similar circumstances, it could be because he needs the job.

Guest Geordie_Paul

I think that Keegan had a meeting yesterday, played hell, walked out and threatened to resign. Then i think Ashley thought bollocks to him and called him in for a meeting today to sack him BUT then after he saw the reaction the fans had to that i think he dropped his arse and the club are most likely (hopefully) grovelling at Keegans feet :p