KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It isn't over yet.

I wouldn't be celebrating, Keegan could still be walking.

It looks as if they're trying to shift the blame onto KK, guilting him into staying so that if he goes, the board and Ashley don't feel the backlash (very much like the Owen announcement)

:(

my thoughts aswell

It's a likely scenario, which makes me worried, very...Hope the worry is unfounded.

I think it's fairly obvious that the scenario we've all been discussing is what actually happened. Keegan has major row with Wise/Jimenez/Lambias, walks out in a fit of fury, Ashley comes into the office and screams "WHAT THE FUCK HAVE ALL OF YOU JUST BEEN DOING!!" Gets on the phone and tries to get KK to come back.

I'm not completely confident from the wording of that statement that they've actually succeeded in getting KK to take his job back. Still, feeling a damned sight better than I did an hour ago.

Even if he is now staying, don't you think this whole fiasco makes Keegan's position virtually untenable?

Not at all, if anything it makes him stronger, if he can come out of a clash with the board with his job intact.

If there even was a row, and not just discussions.

That wording concerns me greatly.  The club are saying that he hasnt been sacked, they want him to stay. HOWEVER it deosnt say he  hasnt walked.

He will have walked i bet, they are just trying to limit the damage and the fall-out on Ashley.

If he has walked, as i expect, then i can only think its because the club went one step too far, either over the sale of Milner, attempted sale of Barton, the signing of unknowns to Keegan, or a major broken transfer promise.

Or all 4!!!

theres no way they could release a statement like that saying he hasnt been sacked.... then tomorrow, ooops forgot to mention, he walked out.

Stranger things have happened . . . . today.

Keegan did it once with SJH and it worked, I didn't believe he could pull the same stroke again but I believe he has. If he's still manager he's in a stronger position than ever and that'll be good news for the club in the immediate future.

Even if he is now staying, don't you think this whole fiasco makes Keegan's position virtually untenable?

No, Wise's and Lambias' positions are untenable if anything.

It isn't over yet.

I wouldn't be celebrating, Keegan could still be walking.

It looks as if they're trying to shift the blame onto KK, guilting him into staying so that if he goes, the board and Ashley don't feel the backlash (very much like the Owen announcement)

:(

my thoughts aswell

It's a likely scenario, which makes me worried, very...Hope the worry is unfounded.

they've shifted it on to keegan as far as i can make out (but i hope not) .. he will have to make a statement

Keegan did it once with SJH and it worked, I didn't believe he could pull the same stroke again but I believe he has. If he's still manager he's in a stronger position than ever and that'll be good news for the club in the immediate future.

See what you're saying but that wasn't in the days of SSN or internet chat/technology.

I think he may see this as too public to back down. IMO.

If he's been sacked then Mike Ashley hasn't got a clue, and all this time the papers were right about the split. Also this summer has been a fuking mare, while this season is again wasted.

If he's left he's a bottling cunt, and again the papers were right about the split.

If he hasn't and the club haven't released anything to dismiss then again, Ashley is a stupid fuk not worthy of owning our football club allowing this to go on all day.

If he has bottled it, but Ashley is trying to get him to stay on and ride out a disappointing summer of crap transfer activity with promise of more soon enough, then this would be the only option right now that can be seen in any good light.

Could be, could be...

Not at all, if anything it makes him stronger, if he can come out of a clash with the board with his job intact.

If there even was a row, and not just discussions.

Agreed, the one thing I want to see more than anything after today's events, is Keegans balls.

See what you're saying but that wasn't in the days of SSN or internet chat/technology.

I think he may see this as too public to back down. IMO.

The publicity is strengthening Keegan's position and putting the heat on Ashley and his cronies!