KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can somebody give me a brief summary of Keegan's old walk-out?

I think I was too young to know that England existed, never mind Newcastle, back when that happened.

Joined, then walked out after 20 odd days due to lack of funds for players, saying it 'wasn't like the brochure'. Famously got so far down A1 before taking phone call, and turning back for talks with Sir John/The Board.

Problems sorted, came back, signed a few players (Incl. Kilcline), kept us in Div 2.

Rest is history, up to '97 when club became PLC, KK leaves again.

and reportedly the final straw was not being given the money for guiseppe signori (we really didnt need another striker..)

I reckon Keegan's walked, or is trying to. I just can't be positive right now because of how weirdly worded the statement was.

I reckon, like the first time, they haven't a clue where Keegan is. That's why they released the statement.

Guest bobblyrage

Well I'd guess KK has delivered an ultimatum, either get rid of me or get rid of Wise et al and initially it looked like KK was a goner. Hopefully this'll have given MA a kick up the arse, he'll get KK back and we'll see Wise et al thrown out instead.

"Newcastle United today announce the resignation of the club's manager Kevin Keegan. Whilst there were lengthy discussions in which the board attempted to persuade Kevin to change his mind, both parties eventually agreed that the best route forward for the club was to, reluctantly, accept his resignation with immediate effect."

Kevin left the club with a short statement reading : -

"It was my decision alone. I feel I have taken the club as far as I can, and that it would be in the best interests of all concerned if I resign now."

7 january  1997  :pow:

Was waiting for that one :lol:

Well I just had a look down St James Park at aroun 6.45pm and I was stood outside of the Players entrance. The security guard came out and said "he's staying, officially".

What a farcical day.

Sky Sports, BBC, Setanta, they're all knobends.

NUFC could have nipped this in the bud at lunchtime, so I'm pissed at them.

One thing is for sure, Ashley now understands that he must do everything to make KK happy. If KK walks or is sacked in the future (for anything other than poor results), he knows what is coming to him, in terms of backlash.

You charva fuking bastard, not a real supporter, rent a mong etc.... O0

What fucks me off (and this is entirely the club's fault), is that the media will be running this story every f***ing day from now on.

And it will be mentioned after every poor performance and every defeat until Keegan or Ashley finally do crack, and he ends up leaving.

It's fucking ridiculous.

Well I just had a look down St James Park at aroun 6.45pm and I was stood outside of the Players entrance. The security guard came out and said "he's staying, officially".

What a farcical day.

Sky Sports, BBC, Setanta, they're all knobends.

NUFC could have nipped this in the bud at lunchtime, so I'm pissed at them.

One thing is for sure, Ashley now understands that he must do everything to make KK happy. If KK walks or is sacked in the future (for anything other than poor results), he knows what is coming to him, in terms of backlash.

well if anyone has to be ITK it may as well be the doorman at SJP. so i hope he's spot on.

you could say this is  the 2nd bust up between keegan and board this time around, the 1st being the 'we'll never compete with the top 4, i never speak to ashley'. that's keegan's style, only in the olden days it would've been kept behind closed doors and the matter dealt with quietly, the end result being no one outside a few select people are any the wiser.

It stinks whatever has gone on and I for one am not 'over the moon' with this coz regardless if Keegan is staying or not, there's still many issues that need to be resolved and won't be resolved in a way that is harmonious between all involved.

how on earth can you possibly know that? this is a manager that rightly or wrongly, threatens to walk out when he doesnt get his way, he's done it here before, and his plan worked, what in the official statement makes you think it hasnt worked again?

Right, Nile Ranger is saying he's not sure if KK will stay. Wesley Ngo is saying he thinks KK has gone, though now he's saying. First it was:

T. Xander Doyle sier (20:09):

Do you know if Keegan is staying?

bon ramadan a tous!!!laché rien sier (20:09):

he doesnt

T. Xander Doyle sier (20:10):

do you know why?

bon ramadan a tous!!!laché rien sier (20:10):

he said hes not happy cuz he doesnt c

have a choice when the players sign

then

bon ramadan a tous!!!laché rien sier (20:18):

i think he still here

i cant understand nothin

And mr. Ranger himself:

T. Xander Doyle sier (20:12):

mate, you know if Keegan is staying? :S

(H)NILE RANGER(H)STR888888888888888 LIKE A BANANA !!!!!!! sier (20:14):

nt sure

T. Xander Doyle sier (20:15):

He's not said anything to you guys? Or no others of the staff saying anything?

(H)NILE RANGER(H)STR888888888888888 LIKE A BANANA !!!!!!! sier (20:16):

nope nt one wrd

And just in case someone says it's fabricated:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/Kaizero/fdfdsf.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/Kaizero/fdafsa.jpg

I'm as pissed off as anyone about beliving all this shite they've been spouting on SSN etc if it is shit. COuld there be a possibility that the presence of the severly pissed off fans has resulted in KK not getting the sack? Obvioiusly we will never know but maybe us being a bunch of naive wankers yelling ASHLEY OUT has resulted in KK staying   :frantic:

If he stays I hope this is the last of all this we need to be unifed or we might be getting another manager next year.

What fucks me off (and this is entirely the club's fault), is that the media will be running this story every fucking day from now on.

Sorry Dave, but how do you have any idea that this is actually true?  Something's been going on behind the scenes, yes, but nobody really has a handle on what exactly went down.  Imagine how foolish Ashley and co. would have looked if they'd issued this statement at lunchtime and he'd ultimately left, or if they'd announced they'd sacked him and then brought him back tomorrow. 

Guest Gallowgate Mag

If Kev is staying ..the atmos against Hull will be frickin immense!

dunno mate, it's still 2 weeks till that game, if he stays it'll probably be forgotten by then

How would people feel if Keegans had given an ultimatum, which rather than being about Wise specifically was about the whole structure and that he refused to work within any structure where he didn't have absolute control over every single aspect of the club?

Personally, I wouldn't be happy with him if that's what he thought. There's too much work for one man and I don't think he's that skilled in a number of the areas associated with running a modern football club, so he needs help and that means he needs to learn to work as part of a team.

Right, Nile Ranger is saying he's not sure if KK will stay. Wesley Ngo is saying he thinks KK has gone, though now he's saying. First it was:

T. Xander Doyle sier (20:09):

Do you know if Keegan is staying?

bon ramadan a tous!!!laché rien sier (20:09):

he doesnt

T. Xander Doyle sier (20:10):

do you know why?

he said hes not happy cuz he doesnt c

have a choice when the players sign

then

i think he still here

i cant understand nothin

And mr. Ranger himself:

T. Xander Doyle sier (20:12):

mate, you know if Keegan is staying? :S

(H)NILE RANGER(H)STR888888888888888 LIKE A BANANA !!!!!!! sier (20:14):

nt sure

T. Xander Doyle sier (20:15):

He's not said anything to you guys? Or no others of the staff saying anything?

(H)NILE RANGER(H)STR888888888888888 LIKE A BANANA !!!!!!! sier (20:16):

nope nt one wrd

And just in case someone says it's fabricated:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/Kaizero/fdfdsf.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/Kaizero/fdafsa.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Top work sir.