KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just read the statement, tbh I'm delighted. Not that it's a ringing endorsement that he's staying, cos it's not. But that there is hope he will.

I'm praying to all the gods right now, hypicritical of a aethist but who cares.

Oh come on wake up - sacked by a man without the power to do so, Big Mike done his nutt and been working hard to get him back, I bet relations are still a bit dodgy but KK will stay lads he WILL!!

Skirge you're the barometer of emotion on here! One minute suicidal the next walking in a Keegan wonderland!

Guest Geordie Boyo

Sounds to me like he has waked out after heated discussions. Some inside pillock found out about it and started spreading rumours.

I think he's walked off in a huff, but hasn't walked away from the club, IMO. That statement doesn't really give us much hope that he's staying stating how they value him and that he wasn't sacked when he might have walked....I don't think he has....really hope he hasn't...

Oh come on wake up - sacked by a man without the power to do so, Big Mike done his nutt and been working hard to get him back, I bet relations are still a bit dodgy but KK will stay lads he WILL!!

Skirge you're the barometer of emotion on here! One minute suicidal the next walking in a Keegan wonderland!

:lol:

I was never suicidal but well pissed off I was, contemplating murder maybe :D

Guest f***thepress

In a PR war between Ashley and King Kev ..there can only be one winner ..and it aint Ashley..let this be a lesson to you ...you fat fuckin cockney twat !

I just hope it's a compromise that sees the current system kept in place but with a few tweaks that suit Keegan slightly better. I think it would be worth this flare-up if we are more secure going forward.

We don't really know whether it was a 'row' at all to be honest, might just as easily been a constructive meeting.

Are people forgetting during his tenure as manager first time round he left and then came back after being persuaded by Sir John Hall according to several ex players auto-biographys?

I have kept quiet all day in regards to this but if the club and him were to part company, there will be absolute hell on.  Sub 20k people turning up vs Hull.

I wont be one of them as at the end of the day I support Newcastle United, rather than which ever fat cunt or manager is in charge.

Fingers crossed this wont be the case and KK will stay.

I think he has walked and the club have just put the ball in KKs court to come out and say it

there's no way the club could be that stupid. They must know if that happened they have tried to decive us all with this statement. If he has gone, they would surely have said one way or the other.

Guest johnson293

Can somebody give me a brief summary of Keegan's old walk-out?

I think I was too young to know that England existed, never mind Newcastle, back when that happened.

Joined, then walked out after 20 odd days due to lack of funds for players, saying it 'wasn't like the brochure'. Famously got so far down A1 before taking phone call, and turning back for talks with Sir John/The Board.

Problems sorted, came back, signed a few players (Incl. Kilcline), kept us in Div 2.

Rest is history, up to '97 when club became PLC, KK leaves again.

i seem to remember a story about douglas hall having copies of all the times keegan submitted his resignation while as manager for us first time round. that's the kind of character keegan is, if he is not getting things his own way and thinks there are problems and outstanding issues, he'll make it an all-or-nothing confrontation to get it sorted. that is what he did with his outburts after the chelsea match, but it seems it did not have the desired effect.

from the poor transfer window and all his torment today, it certainly looks like there's some big problems within the club. keegan remaining will be a matter of the board sorting these probs out, hopefully they'll do it, you have to back your manager, especially when it's a manager like this.

Big mike pays people to run the club, he makes non of the decisions does he? just pays out the dosh, but when it comes to the BIG decisions I am sure they have to run them by him first.

He seems to like KK and what ever went on its taken a long time to sort, and its not all sorted yet but I am sure he will be back at the helm..

"Newcastle United today announce the resignation of the club's manager Kevin Keegan. Whilst there were lengthy discussions in which the board attempted to persuade Kevin to change his mind, both parties eventually agreed that the best route forward for the club was to, reluctantly, accept his resignation with immediate effect."

Kevin left the club with a short statement reading : -

"It was my decision alone. I feel I have taken the club as far as I can, and that it would be in the best interests of all concerned if I resign now."

7 january  1997  :pow:

Can somebody give me a brief summary of Keegan's old walk-out?

I think I was too young to know that England existed, never mind Newcastle, back when that happened.

Joined, then walked out after 20 odd days due to lack of funds for players, saying it 'wasn't like the brochure'. Famously got so far down A1 before taking phone call, and turning back for talks with Sir John/The Board.

Problems sorted, came back, signed a few players (Incl. Kilcline), kept us in Div 2.

Rest is history, up to '97 when club became PLC, KK leaves again.

^^ this.