So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

Guest elbee909

Harris still says 2 serious interested bidders and the press are trying to guess who they are

Never mind that, the forum works!

With the occasional extended wait time between loading different pages, but otherwise, yes, YES!

It just took about 1.5 minutes for this post to actually get up onto the page, incidentally.

According to a Guardian interview with Keith Harris (few days ago while the forum was in limbo -- don't have a link), Philip Anschutz is not one of the potential buyers.

Good news, I'd say.

So of the yanks linked with buying us, Mark Cuban is the only one who hasn't been ruled out. More likely a mystery buyer who has kept his cards close to his chest.

According to a Guardian interview with Keith Harris (few days ago while the forum was in limbo -- don't have a link), Philip Anschutz is not one of the potential buyers.

Good news, I'd say.

So of the yanks linked with buying us, Mark Cuban is the only one who hasn't been ruled out. More likely a mystery buyer who has kept his cards close to his chest.

even if it was ansculz originally he'd still have kept his cards close to his chest as he never said he was interested at any time. basically the media are trying to look for likely candidates and naming them in the hope of hitting lucky and flushing the right one out.

Good news, I'd say.

Paul Allen hasn't ruled himself out either I don't think.

I am cautiously optimistic that we will find a buyer. Keith Harris has been quite vocal in his optimism about our prospects, and though he's been commissioned by other clubs like Everton, he hasn't been anything like as positive about them. So I don't think the noise from Harrison is about hard selling, there is some substance there.

I am cautiously optimistic that we will find a buyer. Keith Harris has been quite vocal in his optimism about our prospects, and though he's been commissioned by other clubs like Everton, he hasn't been anything like as positive about them. So I don't think the noise from Harrison is about hard selling, there is some substance there.

He basically called Everton an unmarketable club at preent

Guest Sniffer

If Ashley does not sell soon and kinnear, with his very limited ability remains in charge, then I firmly believe we will be relegated this season.

Guest nufc_kev

Billionaire owner Mike Ashley is considering a plan that would take the heat off him at Newcastle – and line up Alan Shearer as the next manager.

Talks have been held between Toon chairman Derek Llambias and a wealthy North-East businessman – understood to be insurance company boss and lifelong fan Alan Beenshill.

Under Beenshill’s proposal, he would become chairman while Ashley would retain an involvement.

But it is the prospect of Shearer  returning as manager under the new regime that will excite Newcastle fans.

It is believed Shearer is aware talks have started and has indicated he would be willing to work as manager with the would-be chairman.

A source close to the negotiations said last night: “The businessman  involved has built up a very successful company and is a shrewd guy.

“He has a lot of ideas about the future of Newcastle and, if anybody can deliver Alan Shearer, he can.

“This is a serious proposal and it’s one that would work out well for a lot of people.

“It is very different to the sort of deals we’ve been hearing about involving investors from the Middle East and America.

“It doesn’t involve a complete takeover but it could be the right way to go in the current financial climate.

“We are talking about a devoted Newcastle United supporter who is ready to invest in the club and is keen on a hands-on role.

“If Mike Ashley is adamant he wants £250million for the whole club, he won’t get it from this man, but he will see a return on some of his investment and retain a major stake.”

Beenshill said last night: “I remain a massive fan of the club.

“But I have no comment  to make at this stage.”

For fucks sake, why why why cant we employ a manager with pedigree? Why cant we just make a decision which isnt considered a gamble for the club and give it a bit of much needed stabiltiy, what is it with all this sentimental bullshit that surrounds the club?

For the record, i think Shearer will be a poor club manager, i think he's made for national management though - much like Klinsmann.