Peter Beardsley

biggs

Guest Howaythetoon

He said fans need to lay off of him as we'd be bust without him and because he knows him personally he's a good guy who wants the club to do well. He also said we should be thankful we have a billionaire owner.

Ah right. He's half got a point to be fair., not so much the going bust part but sometimes a bit of perspective is needed.

I'm as anti-Ashley as the next man but there are a lot of other clubs who'd love an owner who had no ambitions past mid table Premier League. That's not to say we should accept it, just that sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't

He said fans need to lay off of him as we'd be bust without him and because he knows him personally he's a good guy who wants the club to do well. He also said we should be thankful we have a billionaire owner.

Hard to tell he is a billionaire owner as he keeps his cash in his pocket.

Guest northshieldsmag

He's the original yes man

Guest northshieldsmag

The only person who can save us in my opinion. He knows the club inside out. He is Geordie. He gets on with Ashley very well. All this ingredient will make him the next manager for us.

You must be crackers - I don't want this guy as manager EVER...Ashley stooge, dictated to by his wife and hardly the brightest tool in the box...was a great player and that is where it ends.

Totally agree.

I don't think there is anyone working for Newcastle United who has his or her tongue further up Ashley's hoop than Beardsley and from what I have seen at reserve and junior level I don't think he is much of a coach tbf,  his main role from what I have seen is carrying the bibs and putting out the cones.

:puke:

Great player but seems like a bit of a tit unfortunately :(

Even if he wasn't an Ashley man there's nobody that I'd want further away from the management job.  One of, if not the best player I've ever seen play for us, but all the skill in the world hardly ever equates to skill on the management side of the game.

Just out of curiosity were you saying that when Shearer got the manager's job here?

• 1 month later...