Peter Beardsley

biggs

The only person who can save us in my opinion. He knows the club inside out. He is Geordie. He gets on with Ashley very well. All this ingredient will make him the next manager for us.

You must be crackers - I don't want this guy as manager EVER...Ashley stooge, dictated to by his wife and hardly the brightest tool in the box...was a great player and that is where it ends.

From an objective point of view, I don't see what Beardsley has done as a manager to have the credentials as our next gaffer. As a fan, I think I had enough of the manager sucking up to Ashley at every possible attempt.

Someone might want to think the best for the cub in their own way. Doesn't make them the best candidate for an important job

Guest firetotheworks

I have a theory that excellent players are at a disadvantage when becoming managers because they have an expectancy of others to be able to do the things they could do, because it just came naturally to them.

One of the greatest players I have ever seen, for us or actually in general in all honesty.

However complete puppet of MA, allegations of style of management/training being of 'bullying' nature and lacks the natural intelligence and charisma to ever make a manager imo.

Wouldn't let him anywhere near.

Guest Bert Shaft

Some of you here are just too much hate for Ashley. Beardsly is doing his best to get us the likes of Aarons. He cant be worst than Pardew.

Too much hate my 'arris.

I really would be done with the club if Beardsley was our next manager.

It's clear that Ashley wants people he can manipulate in key roles for him. If Pardew was to go you know he will pick a car crash of a manager to replace him. It's the ultimate fuck you over keeping Pardew.

Guest Howaythetoon

He has admitted as much that he would love to be manager one day. When asked why he has never offered his services or become a manager he literally said he is waiting for the Toon Job to be available. This was about a year back now. I would put money on him replacing Pardew if he got sacked. One good thing though is if he was shite, he'd walk away like, because he would hate to have fans turn against him.

Would be a disaster. Just at a base level no-one would be able to understand him. One of my favourite players, but his pathetic pro Ashley stance means even if he had the charisma (which he hasn't), the credentials (which he hasn't), managerial ability (which he hasn't) he should not be within a million miles of the mangagers job which means Jabba will appoint him.

Not the nicest of blokes by all accounts and almost as far up Ashley's arse as Pardew. Great player though.

He's a very decent bloke, Beardsley. I hate his defence of Ashley but outside of his connection to the club he's a good guy.

Guest Howaythetoon

At various talk-ins he belittled KK and Sir Bobby and was very arrogant. All he really wanted to talk about was Liverpool and England. When asked certain questions he would respond with a kind of who are you what have you ever achieved in the game type remark. He also tried way too hard to be funny which he wasn't.

I will never give someone the time of day who says NUFC fans are too demanding and have huge expectations and that's what undermines managers and owners alike.

Sorry but the bloke is a cretin and many people who know the real Beardsley regard him as a snake.