Joe Kinnear

Skirge

“I may not be everyone’s choice but I want to prove I’m the right man in the end.

“Yes, I did receive a two-match ban for calling a ref Coco the Clown. It was at Rotherham away. But I’m down to one after today (it was actually at Gillingham, when the home 'keeper was Jason Brown - in goal for Rovers today)

“I told the players before the game, ‘You have magnificent supporters so show them what you can do’.

“At half-time I said we had to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and put aside all the issues, the grieving about Kevin Keegan, and focus on playing football.

“The second half was better and we had a reasonable chance when Jeremiah could have got his shot off (that's Geremi to you and me).

“I would like to be in a position where I have four or five more players to choose from and get more end product from our strikers.

”I spoke to the players openly and told them what was needed. I will work night and day to get it right - I'm here for six matches; that's 18 points. We'll see what happens after that."

:blush:

bacon sarnies? very healthy

------------

Newcastle United's players have branded the appointment of new manager Joe Kinnear as "bizarre".

One revealed to the People: "We were all looking forward to getting back into a good work-out on Friday morning to blow away the cobwebs after the Spurs defeat, but when we got to the training ground we were all herded on to a bus.

"We weren't told where we were going but we ended up having a walk along the beach and seafront at Tynemouth. Then we went into a local cafe and had some bacon sandwiches.

"The look on the faces of the people there told its own story. We then boarded the bus and told to go home.

"That was our preparations for the match with Blackburn. It was all a bit bizarre to tell the truth."

------------

Newcastle United's players have branded the appointment of new manager Joe Kinnear as "bizarre".

One revealed to the People: "We were all looking forward to getting back into a good work-out on Friday morning to blow away the cobwebs after the Spurs defeat, but when we got to the training ground we were all herded on to a bus.

"We weren't told where we were going but we ended up having a walk along the beach and seafront at Tynemouth. Then we went into a local cafe and had some bacon sandwiches.

"The look on the faces of the people there told its own story. We then boarded the bus and told to go home.

"That was our preparations for the match with Blackburn. It was all a bit bizarre to tell the truth."

Fuck!!!!, that is bizzare.

------------

Fuck!!!!, that is bizzare.

Bacon sandwiches are the nectar of the gods. Wise move, Joe.

------------

f***!!!!, that is bizzare.

Get some pre-match Burgers and Kebabs in as well, never did Le Tissier any harm.

------------

Get some pre-match Burgers and Kebabs in as well, never did Le Tissier any harm.

let the players chain smoke too while they eat their sarnies. Maradona, Prosinecki, Bilic and LeBoeuf had no problems chain smoking throughout their career

------------

let the players chain smoke too while they eat their sarnies. Maradona, Prosinecki, Bilic and LeBoeuf had no problems chain smoking throughout their career

Tugay too! :lol:

I'd imagine the players are stuck in a bit of a rut at the minute and morale must, understandably, be at a pretty low ebb too. Breaking the cycle of training, playing and moping about the place by nipping to the coast for bacon sarnies isn't the crime of the century and I can understand why he's done it. Change of scenery, routine, try to build some morale up etc...

That said they still fucking lost. :hmm:

I'd imagine the players are dtuck in a bit of a rut at the minute and morale must, understandably, be at a pretty low ebb too. Breaking the cycle of training, playing and moping about the place by nipping to the coast for bacon sarnies isn't the crime of the century and I can understand why he's done it. Change of scenery, routine, try to build some morale up etc...

It sounds very Wimbledon to me.

Would like to think we can take a professional approach to things, rather than nipping out for a bacon sarnie.

But that saying, let him do what he wants, nothing he does really matters.

I'd imagine the players are dtuck in a bit of a rut at the minute and morale must, understandably, be at a pretty low ebb too. Breaking the cycle of training, playing and moping about the place by nipping to the coast for bacon sarnies isn't the crime of the century and I can understand why he's done it. Change of scenery, routine, try to build some morale up etc...

Would like to think we can take a professional approach to things, rather than nipping out for a bacon sarnie.

Pretty much agree with that tbh.  :undecided:

Clough took his players out on the piss the night before they won the European Cup too!

I've not been on here much over the weekend, and I am surprised more hasn't been made over this touchline ban. I have heard varying reports of it being maybe only 2 games (and possibly not applicable now he is here and not at Forest) up to him being in the stands till near the end of October.

Only Newcastle could appoint a short term manager who isn't allowed to manage for now!

I've not been on here much over the weekend, and I am surprised more hasn't been made over this touchline ban. I have heard varying reports of it being maybe only 2 games (and possibly not applicable now he is here and not at Forest) up to him being in the stands till near the end of October.

Only Newcastle could appoint a short term manager who isn't allowed to manage for now!

It's a two game ban and he served one at the weekend because he was named as our manager on the teamsheet. Hence him mucking around in the tunnel.

Ah ok, cheers for that.

It's a two game ban and he served one at the weekend because he was named as our manager on the teamsheet. Hence him mucking around in the tunnel.

Guest johnson293

That said they still f***ing lost. :hmm:

While it certainly sounds very 'crazy gang', are we sure this trip to the seaside was instigated by JFK?

This is takne from yesterday's People...

They were given the day off after their Carling Cup defeat to Tottenham on Wednesday and arrived on Friday expecting a tough session.

Instead, they were bundled into a coach and taken to the seafront at Tynemouth where they had a stroll on the beach.

Then after their walk they were taken to a cafe and fed bacon sandwiches.

It was only after the players were taken back to the Little Benton training ground that they were told about Kinnear's appointment.

A senior Newcastle player told People Sport: "We were all looking forward to getting back into a good work-out on Friday morning to blow away the cobwebs after the Spurs defeat, but when we got to the training ground we were all herded on to a bus.

Can't imagine Hughton coming up with such a move, but perhaps he was told by someone at the club to get them away from the training ground incase a journo or fan told them about Kinnear's appointment.

All very strange though, considering they appear to have had Thursday off training as well!

i think all of our managers have taken the squad to beach so i wouldnt really criticise him on that point. but usually they make the squad run on the sand which is quite a workout, not go to the local greasy spoon.

add that to the players taking yet another day off - rather weird. are we sending auditors round the assess the value of our assets and dont want the players to see?