Joe Kinnear to be made permanent - what would it take?

Guest LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest LucaAltieri

Fucking hell, knee jerk reaction or what?

When we get beat off the Mackems on Saturday I'd like you to post your thoughts in here.

Thread started September 26th, mate.

I've always said that if he can get this bunch of players to perform we should give him an extension. Obviously, if we're bought out that might change something (it also might not, if Kinnear has the team performing). Pointless to change managers if things are looking up.

If it ain't broke...

f***ing hell, knee jerk reaction or what?

When we get beat off the Mackems on Saturday I'd like you to post your thoughts in here.

I've always said that if he can get this bunch of players to perform we should give him an extension. Obviously, if we're bought out that might change something (it also might not, if Kinnear has the team performing). Pointless to change managers if things are looking up.

If it ain't broke...

Haha sorry, hadn't seen it 'til just now, so I assumed it was made tonight.

Fucking hell, knee jerk reaction or what?

I've always said that of he can get this bunch of players to perform we should give him an extension. Obviously, if we're bought out that might change something (it also might not, if Kinnear has the team performing). Pointless to change managers if things are looking up.

If it ain't broke...

if he is doing well at the end of this initial tenure then i wouldnt be against extending it for the season. but i wouldnt go beyond that, personally. he is thriving on the adversity and the tempestuous situation here, building a siege mentality of 'every fucker is out to get us' just as he did at Wimbledon. when everything has calmed down and is stable again i'd rather we go and look for a new manager.

According to Look North he's said he'd like the job on a permanent basis but I can't find the quote in context anywhere.

He said it in the post match interview for the BBC, was on 'Inside Sport' last night.

IIRC. Was asked if he would like the job permanently, and replied ' of course I would, but that is unlikely to happen. For all I know the prospective new owners may already be talking to managers'

Did he not say he worked one on one with Taylor before the Everton game and one on one with Ameobi before last night. He seems to have a good effect on the players.

It is still early to say but all the players seem to respect him and have shown more passion since his arrival. Duff seems to be twice the player in the past few games aswell. Also Its good he seems to be picking Bassong at LB over Zoggy unlike the past few managers. Regardless of results the football we are playing seems better.

I think even if we are taken over he should remain until the summer just to stop the constant fucking around every few games. The new board should come in and look at what possibilties we have but not make a final decision until they are forced too by results on the pitch.

He's an interim manager and that's what's working so if it ain't broke why fix it? Talk of making the position permanent will add pressure and some fans will resent it. I don't think he's the answer long term in any case but I have been impressed with his knowledge of the game. More than anything I am just happy that we have a manager who really wants to be here :thup:

I'm just happy we have an old school football manager who has bags of experience and a solid temprament. Just the sort of bloke we need to see us through this mess.

Not sure about making him permanent yet, but I've been really impressed with him so far.

He's an interim manager and that's what's working so if it ain't broke why fix it? Talk of making the position permanent will add pressure and some fans will resent it. I don't think he's the answer long term in any case but I have been impressed with his knowledge of the game. More than anything I am just happy that we have a manager who really wants to be here :thup:

Spot on.

f***ing hell, knee jerk reaction or what?

I've always said that of he can get this bunch of players to perform we should give him an extension. Obviously, if we're bought out that might change something (it also might not, if Kinnear has the team performing). Pointless to change managers if things are looking up.

If it ain't broke...

if he is doing well at the end of this initial tenure then i wouldnt be against extending it for the season. but i wouldnt go beyond that, personally. he is thriving on the adversity and the tempestuous situation here, building a siege mentality of 'every fucker is out to get us' just as he did at Wimbledon. when everything has calmed down and is stable again i'd rather we go and look for a new manager.

As an outsider this seems to be the most accurate one, or at least what I'd want. To write the man off regardless of results is plain worrying imo.

Guest Stephen927

I take him for what he is. Someone who has been brought in to steady the ship. He's doing a very good job so far and I hope he has some success in finding a club when he leaves here.

Taken to the guy, not in it for himself which makes a change, not bothered about the contracts, the money or having to work to constraints like the rest of the working world, doesn't act like a Diva but in saying all that, i wouldn't want him permanent, but would like to see him stay in a coaching capacity or assistant for possibly Shearer to finally take control.

I take him for what he is. Someone who has been brought in to steady the ship. He's doing a very good job so far and I hope he has some success in finding a club when he leaves here.

Exactly.  He seems to be doing well in what he was brought in for, but I don't think anyone for one minute thinks he's the man to take us forward.

ok, on a serious note, i know we have had our failures before (se roeder) when it comes to "caretake managers"

but if Kinnear does well, why on earth should we not want him? i dont want another keegan walking out, my heart is broken enough as it is!

kinnear have the ability, and if he does well, i guess 60% of the supporters would turn to the other side!!!

i wish Kinnear the best of luck! becouse if he succeeds, it would mean newcastle turns out good  :shifty:

so support him the best you can!!

im just glad we have someone to turn to now! im glad we are trying to sort out the future, im glad kinnear is here for us, when noone else wants to!

give him your best lads!!!

Well said and another thing this bloke has the players playing for him atm which is more than can be said for other managers we have had in the past .We have our pride back at a very important time and hopefully we can start climbing up the table with players coming back from injury,permanent manager imho it will not happen as a new owner will get a top coach in if he has any sense but thanks Joe for turning us round (hope thats not jumping the gun).

For me Kinnear has done just about everything right since he came in. If he continues in the same vein and we start pulling away from the relegation spots, then we will owe him a huge debt of gratitude.

Should he be given the role full time, well I think time will tell on that one, I'm not totally ruling him out. I wasn't a huge fan of the bloke before he took on the job but he's gone hugely up in my estimation since taking over and I doubt he would be a disaster like the last temp manager we had that was given the job full time.