Joe Kinnear to be made permanent - what would it take?

Guest LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm just happy we have an old school football manager who has bags of experience and a solid temprament. Just the sort of bloke we need to see us through this mess.

Not sure about making him permanent yet, but I've been really impressed with him so far.

Giving him the job permanently would be ridiculous. Ok, he's been good so far, but we're only saying this because of the shite that was served up in the month prior. I still can't get over the fact that KK's gone. Impressive start to the season, a decent squad... and then boom, just like that, our season's nearly wiped out.

As is stands, we're 8 points behind a UEFA Cup spot. Plenty of time to catch up.

I think Kinnear's appointment will be allowed to run it's course. If new owners come in and the team has recovered sufficiently well, JFK will probably continue until he hits a wall. If they are in by November that might change as I'm not sure they would back Kinnear in the transfer market, they might prefer their own man in.

I think Keegan's chances of coming back have probably lessened though. Walking away from a team which is then revived by Dinosaur Joe won't paint him in a great light with future employers IMO.

Don't know if anyone saw it but before the game on Setanta last night they had a couple of fans from around the ground giving their views. One guy came out with "I think if he wins a couple of games and gets us a few points he should get the job for life."  :lol:

Don't know if anyone saw it but before the game on Setanta last night they had a couple of fans from around the ground giving their views. One guy came out with "I think if he wins a couple of games and gets us a few points he should get the job for life."   :lol:

Desperation, surely!

Of course it's too early to judge the guy yet, but he's beginning to look like he may have been a good choice for the job at hand. Let's face it, though most of us rightly applauded his tirade at the press, we started out with as jaundiced a view of Kinnear as they did.

permananent, no thanks. but, im much less hurried to get the new board in when we were losing under hughton. what i will say is, even when we do get them in, ill be hoping they take their time to appoint the new manager, rather than appointing someone straight away. if the takeover doesnt happen until the end of the season, ill have confidence in results.

actually that rasies a point: if the takeover didnt happen until the end of the season, and kinnear won us the FA cup, what do you think (and want) would happen?

permananent, no thanks. but, im much less hurried to get the new board in when we were losing under hughton. what i will say is, even when we do get them in, ill be hoping they take their time to appoint the new manager, rather than appointing someone straight away. if the takeover doesnt happen until the end of the season, ill have confidence in results.

actually that rasies a point: if the takeover didnt happen until the end of the season, and kinnear won us the FA cup, what do you think (and want) would happen?

Well, tbf, judging kinnear on 'if he wins the fa cup' is on a par with shola getting 15 goals a season, you'd stick with both, but neither are ever going to happen.

If he wins the FA cup, he wouldnt manage anymore, he would stick to drinking free beers in newcastle for the rest of his life

Well, tbf, judging kinnear on 'if he wins the fa cup' is on a par with shola getting 15 goals a season, you'd stick with both, but neither are ever going to happen.

To be honest if ameobi plays every remaining game this season he might reach 15 goals but theres no chance in the next 3 seasons we are going to win the fa cup at this rate

Exclusive: Steven Taylor desperate for Newcastle to stick with a manager

By Simon Bird 3/11/2008

Steven Taylor wants Newcastle to stick with a manager long-term - after admitting he found it tough when Kevin Keegan quit the club.

The Geordie defender is just 22, but has already played under SIX bosses at St James' Park. He said: "It was hard when Kevin left.

"When you keep changing your manager it's always hard. It just seems like every manager comes here and only gets a year.

"So far I have played for Sir Bobby Robson, Graeme Souness, Glenn Roeder, Sam Allardyce, Kevin Keegan and now Joe Kinnear. That's six!

"But I think Joe Kinnear has steadied the ship, given us confidence, and done things his way.

"People have forgotten what an amazing record he had at Wimbledon - he gets an extra 10 per cent out of people."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/11/03/exclusive-steven-taylor-desperate-for-newcastle-to-stick-with-a-manager-115875-20865394/

As long as he keeps us up I'm happy to stick with him until the end of the season.

I wouldn't like us to keep him permanently as I think we need a top manager if we are ever to regain our place near the top of the table. Form is temporary, class is permanent, I think you can apply this to managers aswell, in joe's case I think he has more of the former than the latter...

Guest The Toon Army from farawa

My thought is no way. He shouldn't be here at all. He would be nobodies tenth choice never mind first. Any manager coming in would make a difference to the team. We needed a manager and not coach, which he is. He's the only one that would take the job.

The type of footbal he plays is worse than allerdyce at bolton. Ameobi and Duff appear to be undropable with him.

The problem is the timing of the selling, if it ever happens.

Well done Joe.  Still don't want you here full time, but well done nonetheless.

Toon from far away: I think we're getting a mix of Allardyce and Keegan here tbh.  We've hoofed it at times aye but we're also playing some decent passing on the deck.