Michael Owen

Guest Howaythetoon

If Capello wasn't impressed with the previous games, he won't have been impressed today. Owen was gash as a striker today, anyhow - really frustrating. Hardly any movement whatsoever all match. Surprised, he simply didn't seem as up for it as other players.

to be fair to Owen what you see is what you get. Give him service and he looks a good player and if not, you rarely get much from him.

and tbf, N'zogbia once again chose to aim for the opposition's disabled supported instead of the strikers

to be fair to Owen what you see is what you get. Give him service and he looks a good player and if not, you rarely get much from him.

and tbf, N'zogbia once again chose to aim for the opposition's disabled supported instead of the strikers

Fantastic. :lol:

Fantastic. :lol:

Might of known you'd find that sort of behaviour entertaining.

Guest paulod

Get rid, he's useless and doesn't care about the club.

Of course and replace him with...??????????

Don't be so fucking stupid

Guest The Zog

I can't understand why Capello doesn't pick him. Fair enough his overall contribution to the game in terms of general play might not be as good as Capello likes but he's by far and away the best English goalscorer there is. Plus I'd like to see him break Charlton's record!

Michael Owen is the 1, I repeat 1, player we have with undoubted quality.

To get rid of him would be rediculous. He's been the one who's carried us through the last 4 or 5 games, the only one showing all of the necessary ingredients. Just because he was absent today doesn't mean we should sell him...christ.

On the subject of England, we twatted Croatia. Why change a winning team, besides Owen remains fit for us which is my main concern. Good on Capello!!!

Still pretty unbelievable that Heskey's getting callups instead of him.  Also still no sight of Young or Agbonlahor.

Yet Downing and Jenas still, somehow, manage to stay in the squad. I'm lost for words when it comes to those two and their constant, completely undeserved inclusions in the England squad (particularly when they are decent players like those you've listed who just can't get in).

There are times when Downing looks the business tbf, he goes through good and bad spells and I think it's OK to have him in the squad as backup to Cole and Young during those times.  But Jenas will never have the tactical nous and ability to play for England.

There are times when Downing looks the business tbf, he goes through good and bad spells and I think it's OK to have him in the squad as backup to Cole and Young during those times.  But Jenas will never have the tactical nous and ability to play for England.

That's not the point though, the fact that he gets in but Young doesn't is.

Well I can't remember Downing ever pulling up trees in an England shirt and he was subbed at halt-time in the last game because he was so shit.

Guest Howaythetoon

Owen is not a top-class international striker anymore although he still remains an undoubted first-class goalscorer regardless of level so I can at least see some logic in not picking him. At that level a striker needs to do more than just score goals and England has several strikers that are those type of players who all may not be as prolific as Owen but who do offer more while still remaining a goal threat.

Guest neesy111

fabio capello is more concerned about not conceading goals than scoring them, that's why most of the fan's at his previous club's hate him for the shocking football he produce's

he forget's that goals win you games, we will not having walcott scoring 3 goals every game and rooney's england record is shocking

Going to be left out of the england squad again, this time because newcastle arent doing well! i can see some kind of base logic, but owen is a class player regardless of recent circumstances or who he is playing with/for. cappello is effectively telling him to move to a top 4 club, cappello can f*** off imo.

So we can expect to see the likes of Woodgate, King, Jenas, etc. left out then.

Jenas is the only Spurs player named. :lol: