Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

He's had 5 months in the premier league, 3 different managers, 2 completely out of their depth. He's played alongside only 2 competent defenders in that entire time, a keeper who cant organise and a totally non-existent midfield

let's give the guy a break. He's hasn't looked like a £10m defender but he hasn't looked like Taylor, Ramage or Boumsong either

When are we allowed to say he's not been good enough?  When he's gone in the summer having been relegated as the most expensive defender in the club's history?

The lad needs a season in a normally funtioning team, not this shower of s****.

Who was  the last defender a club paid £10m for who needed 12 months to settle in?

His weaknesses, being getting turned, physical weakness & appalling defending when forwards are attacking the ball into the box, aren't anything that will be fixed by having time to settle.

He needs to start looking like a good defender now.

Errr...Vidic?

tbh Liam's argument is flawed anyway as it's fair to say that most teams in a position to spend £10m on a defender generally have a decent enough midfield in place

Guest pont-toon

Why according to The Journal is Coloccini not in the squad v the mackems?

Injured? Suspended?

dropped into the reserves ?

Why according to The Journal is Coloccini not in the squad v the mackems?

Injured? Suspended?

dropped into the reserves ?

Doubt it, he's better than Taylor, and certainly better than Edgar. Misprint perhaps?

probably a typo (wouldn`t be the 1st time).....he is listed on the bbc site as being in the matchday squad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7856393.stm

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/150209/FABRICIO-COLOCCINI-ADMITS-NEWCASTLE-SHOCK.html

“I thought we would be higher up the table and going for either the Champions League or the UEFA Cup. My thoughts have had to change. We are down the table.

“I thought we would be higher in the league. I did not think when I joined that we would be at the bottom.

“The change of manager made it more difficult. I was surprised Keegan left because at that moment the team was doing good, we had good results in the league and the Carling Cup. It was a major surprise when he left the club.

“What has gone on has made it more difficult but we cannot think about what has happened to the club. We have to think about the football. That is more important.

“Have I considered relegation? We are near the relegation zone. I am aware of that. We have to win the next match to get away from it. It is very important we are getting new players. We have needed them. They will come in and they will help the team. I have played every game. I have not hidden from the challenge.”

He's a bit of a machine as far as appearances goes, like.

Wonder how many consecutive games he's played now for his club sides - played every game last season for Deportivo as far as I'm aware.

Cue a terrible injury tomorrow...

He certainly hasn't hidden if you ask me, which is fairly admirable considering the circumstances and the fact that many have before him.

82 games in a row, if Soccernet is right, since Feb18th 2007. Got subbed once on 83 minutes in all of that time (April 19th 2007). Insane.

Defo getting injured now like, well done me.

He's had 5 months in the premier league, 3 different managers, 2 completely out of their depth. He's played alongside only 2 competent defenders in that entire time, a keeper who cant organise and a totally non-existent midfield

let's give the guy a break. He's hasn't looked like a £10m defender but he hasn't looked like Taylor, Ramage or Boumsong either

When are we allowed to say he's not been good enough?  When he's gone in the summer having been relegated as the most expensive defender in the club's history?

Who was  the last defender a club paid £10m for who needed 12 months to settle in?

His weaknesses, being getting turned, physical weakness & appalling defending when forwards are attacking the ball into the box, aren't anything that will be fixed by having time to settle.

Errr...Vidic?

tbh Liam's argument is flawed anyway as it's fair to say that most teams in a position to spend £10m on a defender generally have a decent enough midfield in place

problem being that quite a lot of people said that all we needed was defenders, in spite of myself and one or two others saying the setup of the team with regard to being more offensive was the real weakness.]

I'm pleased to see that you have now came around to my way of thinking.

As for Coloccini, hes' OK, we have 3 good centre halfs at the club, but Taylor and Bassong are the best combination.

Errr...Vidic?

problem being that quite a lot of people said that all we needed was defenders, in spite of myself and one or two others saying the setup of the team with regard to being more offensive was the real weakness.]

As for Coloccini, hes' OK, we have 3 good centre halfs at the club, but Taylor and Bassong are the best combination.

Best combination based on one game?

Errr...Vidic?

based on my judgement on the attritubes of the players, and what I prefer to see from my central defenders playing in this league that we play in.

Taylor and Bassong are the best combination.

You've got to be joking.

You've doubted me before haven't you .............

We'll concede a penalty every game with those two together.

My main issue with Taylor aren't his attributes, but the fact that he hides when he is needed defensively. How many games have we seen where Taylor literally disappears from the game and his partner is left to do most if not all of the defending?

Errr...Vidic?

based on my judgement on the attritubes of the players, and what I prefer to see from my central defenders playing in this league that we play in.

They've only played together once so it's impossible to state for if they're a better partnership than Coloccini and Bassong. I doubt we'll see that partnership again either unless Coloccini gets injured.

Errr...Vidic?

They've only played together once so it's impossible to state for if they're a better partnership than Coloccini and Bassong. I doubt we'll see that partnership again either unless Coloccini gets injured.

I think playing together once is pretty much irrelevant to the judgement mate, I think they both have the most important attritubes to be first choice

If you mean understanding between them, then that only comes through playing together.

You've got to be joking.

My main issue with Taylor aren't his attributes, but the fact that he hides when he is needed defensively. How many games have we seen where Taylor literally disappears from the game and his partner is left to do most if not all of the defending?

you're wrong there like.

He was fine when we had Enrique-Colo-Bassong-Beye going.

Everyone's been hit with a drop in form since Wigan away. Owen was scoring for fun, and Bassong and Colo were rocks.

It's the injuries destroying the squad and the players losing confidence in their manager that's killed everyone's form. I would be hesitant to judge anyone based on how they're playing right now.

regardless of who wears the armband, beye IS our captain, and the defence is missing him hugely.

I totally agree.

Errr...Vidic?

I think playing together once is pretty much irrelevant to the judgement mate, I think they both have the most important attritubes to be first choice

If you mean understanding between them, then that only comes through playing together.

You really spoil yourself with your stupid opinions. Taylor a good defender. He continues giving away goals and basically looking out of his depth every game and you still consider him a good defender, honestly.

Admit you were wrong about him like most have

Errr...Vidic?

You really spoil yourself with your stupid opinions. Taylor a good defender. He continues giving away goals and basically looking out of his depth every game and you still consider him a good defender, honestly.

Admit you were wrong about him like most have

I'm not wrong about Taylor. Quite a few people overrated Colocinni based on his first game though, including me.

As for "stupid opinons" .........

:coolsmiley:

You've got to be joking.

I'm glad other people have noticed this as well.