Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Stephen927

Can see him having no problems dealing with Cisse and his pace.

Kenwyne Jones could cause him some problems, but against raw pace with the ball on the deck, I'd put my money on Coloccini 9 times out of ten.

If we get some stability (big ask), and Taylor can continue to learn from Colo, then a back four of Beye, Taylor, Colo, Bassong could be a solid back line. Stick an athletic, passing defensive midfielder in front of that and you have the foundation for a decent team.

If we get some stability (big ask), and Taylor can continue to learn from Colo, then a back four of Beye, Taylor, Colo, Bassong could be a solid back line. Stick an athletic, passing defensive midfielder in front of that and you have the foundation for a decent team.

A big physical presence with skill would playing in front of the defence would be great but I guess most teams are looking for one  them.

Bassong in the middle for me and Enrique as left-back. Still rather have a more aggressive centre-half next to Colo though.

Bassong in the middle for me and Enrique as left-back. Still rather have a more aggressive centre-half next to Colo though.

Taylor is aggressive enough, he just gets caught in no mans land too many times. Imagine Colo next to someone like Terry...we'd be awesome.

Taylor is aggressive enough, he just gets caught in no mans land too many times. Imagine Colo next to someone like Terry...we'd be awesome.

He doesn't dominate though like someone like Faye did, which was more my point. I just worded it incorrectly.

He doesn't dominate though like someone like Faye did, which was more my point. I just worded it incorrectly.

Agree with that. I thought Faye was a lot stronger in the air and better marker as well. Had his moments of madness but mostly very solid.

I remeber pre season looking forward to a Faye Colocini partnership at CB, still mthink we could have done with keeping Faye, think his physical attributes would make him or someone like him a good partner to Colocini.

I remeber pre season looking forward to a Faye Colocini partnership at CB, still mthink we could have done with keeping Faye, think his physical attributes would make him or someone like him a good partner to Colocini.

Honestly mate faye isnt that good.

honest to god, a guy last night in the pub while watching the match constantly went on saying about how he is utter rubbish and constantly blaming everything on him as examples on how he is an awful defender.  Utter mug.

was probably HTT :lol:

nah. he'd have been at home watching a shark DVD.

Agreed but i didn't see the sense of letting him go for 2 m , was that the fee? Especially since we have to play CB:s as cover for fullbacks Bassong Taylor on the left and right respectively.

In general I agree with you and would like a centre back inte mould of Faye to partner Colocini, i.e big and strong, but I would prefer someone with more class.

Colo was class last night, easily our best player. Steven Taylor looked good along side as well. Hopefully they carry that form into the derby on Satday.

Pity the partnership will be broken up. Again.

Colo was class last night, easily our best player. Steven Taylor looked good along side as well. Hopefully they carry that form into the derby on Satday.

Cos of the Beye thing, you reckon? I reckon we should keep Gezza at right-back tbh, i reckon he put in a really decent performance defensively and fed the ball relatively well from deep. Duff on the right, Zog on the left for me. I think he might do that if the card isn't rescinded.

Doubt it like, Beye's banning doesn't kick in until seven days later meaning he is available for the mackems.

Doubt it like, Beye's banning doesn't kick in until seven days later meaning he is available for the mackems.

Automatic ban for the next game; he's out for the Mackems if it's not rescinded.

Faye has been excellent this season btw.

Although he played well on Monday night and as much as I love the guy, it's worth pointing out that the guy he faced in Jo, is an utter plank, and continues City's trend of not having a decent striker for the last 20 years.

Colo seems a very good buy though, Taylor will definetely improve with him alongside him and it can't do Bassong any harm at LB knowing he has a class act like Colo capable of covering for him when he's out of position.

It's also worth pointing out that he, as a non-English speaker, commanded a makeshift backline while the team was a man down... ;)

I know you weren't slating him or anything but i won't have anyone making excuses for that performance, he was mint. :razz: