The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/10/31/jonas-gutierrez-will-be-toon-star-of-the-season-72703-22156698/

"Meanwhile, reports in Norway suggest that teenage Jacob Falch Meidell has been invited for a trial at Newcastle at some stage during the winter.

The defender or midfielder is captain for the Northern Norwegian side, Mo IL and the 18-year-old was appointed skipper last term."

Fun thing is I got an interview with this lad for my local newspaper on Friday, gonna ask him a canny few Newcastle related questions to see if there was/is any truth in it or not, or if Mr. Ryder has made it up. :pow:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/10/31/jonas-gutierrez-will-be-toon-star-of-the-season-72703-22156698/

"Meanwhile, reports in Norway suggest that teenage Jacob Falch Meidell has been invited for a trial at Newcastle at some stage during the winter.

The defender or midfielder is captain for the Northern Norwegian side, Mo IL and the 18-year-old was appointed skipper last term."

Fun thing is I got an interview with this lad for my local newspaper on Friday, gonna ask him a canny few Newcastle related questions to see if there was/is any truth in it or not, or if Mr. Ryder has made it up. :pow:

played against him two years ago...

played against him two years ago...

You were from Fauske, yeah? Played for Fauske/Sprint then, or?

Aston Villa have expressed an interest in Newcastle United's French midfielder Charles N'Zogbia, whose future at the club has been in doubt despite having signed a five-year contract last year.

An inquiry about the availability of the 22-year-old has been made to Newcastle by Villa, who play in the Uefa Cup away at Hamburg tonight. N'Zogbia plays on the left side of midfield, a position occupied at Villa by the in-form Ashley Young. However, it is understood that Martin O'Neill regards N'Zogbia as capable of playing across the midfield and the Frenchman fits the profile of the young, pacy kind of player who have made Villa resurgent this season.

Newcastle's temporary manager, Joe Kinnear, denied suggestions last month that N'Zogbia, whose contract lasts until 2012, was unsettled and wanted to return to France to play for Paris St-Germain. He is a highly-regarded, if erratic, performer but would also be a candidate for sale should funds need to be raised to buy players in the transfer window.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/villa-target-nzogbia-to-widen-midfield-options-1192632.html

I've just been having a look around some French sites and apparently it's said in L'Equipe that we've been gathering information up on Sissoko and Toulouse are expecting a bid from us when the window opens.

His playing style is supposed to be similar to Mahamadou Diarra.

I've just been having a look around some French sites and apparently it's said in L'Equipe that we've been gathering information up on Sissoko and Toulouse are expecting a bid from us when the window opens.

His playing style is supposed to be similar to Mahamadou Diarra.

So, using the logic of most people, Sissoko is a Galactico?

I read about Sissoko, but I've never seen him play. One that's young, talented and attainable I reckon in Gelson Fernandes. Not getting much pitch time at Citeh, looked excellent last season and at the Euros whenever I saw him. Double swoop for him and Onuoha would be excellent.

Guest Heneage

Weren't Sky saying we were going to bid but Tolouse had said he was going nowhere.

toulouse couldn't really say otherwise

Oh I know, but it was more like "We aren't ready to sell yet" than your standard "We shall sell to nay bidder!!"

Aston Villa have expressed an interest in Newcastle United's French midfielder Charles N'Zogbia, whose future at the club has been in doubt despite having signed a five-year contract last year.

An inquiry about the availability of the 22-year-old has been made to Newcastle by Villa, who play in the Uefa Cup away at Hamburg tonight. N'Zogbia plays on the left side of midfield, a position occupied at Villa by the in-form Ashley Young. However, it is understood that Martin O'Neill regards N'Zogbia as capable of playing across the midfield and the Frenchman fits the profile of the young, pacy kind of player who have made Villa resurgent this season.

Newcastle's temporary manager, Joe Kinnear, denied suggestions last month that N'Zogbia, whose contract lasts until 2012, was unsettled and wanted to return to France to play for Paris St-Germain. He is a highly-regarded, if erratic, performer but would also be a candidate for sale should funds need to be raised to buy players in the transfer window.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/villa-target-nzogbia-to-widen-midfield-options-1192632.html

Thank fuck Duff got injured and Zog's got the shirt just in time, otherwise he'd have been flogged off in January for sure.

Wigan boss Steve Bruce is doubtful his club possess the necessary financial clout to lure Michael Owen to the JJB. The future of the England striker is the subject of increasing speculation with his contract set to expire in January and no sign of Newcastle being able to match the offer they made him when he joined the club from Real Madrid.But even if Owen were to seek pastures new, Bruce fears Wigan would not be able to match the 29-year-old's astronomical wage demands.

"I know the chairman is a fan of Michael Owen, but I don't think we could afford his wages," said Bruce.

"As far as signings are concerned, we haven't got anything really signed and sealed as people have been led to believe.

"I think this is arguably as good a team as this club has ever had, I can say that genuinely after being here more than a year.

"So it's difficult to improve it at the moment, very difficult, so we have to be careful with who we bring in."

So Owen is too expensive for Wigan...

Wigan boss Steve Bruce is doubtful his club possess the necessary financial clout to lure Michael Owen to the JJB. The future of the England striker is the subject of increasing speculation with his contract set to expire in January and no sign of Newcastle being able to match the offer they made him when he joined the club from Real Madrid.But even if Owen were to seek pastures new, Bruce fears Wigan would not be able to match the 29-year-old's astronomical wage demands.

"I know the chairman is a fan of Michael Owen, but I don't think we could afford his wages," said Bruce.

"As far as signings are concerned, we haven't got anything really signed and sealed as people have been led to believe.

"I think this is arguably as good a team as this club has ever had, I can say that genuinely after being here more than a year.

"So it's difficult to improve it at the moment, very difficult, so we have to be careful with who we bring in."

So Owen is too expensive for Wigan...

:lol: Easily one of the most unnecessary statements in the history of football.

What about Hernan Crespo, wouldnt be for the long term but hes a great soldier, always gives his all no matter where he plays.

As I remember it he wasn't able to adapt to the premier league at all, and that was a few years ago. Great player, but not for us I think.

What about Hernan Crespo, wouldnt be for the long term but hes a great soldier, always gives his all no matter where he plays.

As I remember it he wasn't able to adapt to the premier league at all, and that was a few years ago. Great player, but not for us I think.

He played 64 games for Chelsea and scored a goal every 2.66 games (24 goals).  No matter what other problems he may have had at Chelsea that's a pretty excellent goal scoring record.

Crespo's wife lost her unborn child when moving to England and she solely blames the move for it and why he never settled as she went back to Italy early on and never came back.

You've got more chance of eating rocking horse shit than seeing Crespo play for a team in England again.;

JOE Kinnear has revealed he may have to dip into the Championship in January in order to bolster his paper-thin Newcastle United squad.

Injuries this season have exposed the frailties of United’s roster this term but Kinnear says he is looking forward to strengthening his side when the transfer window reopens on January 1.

Kinnear is renowned for his wheeler dealer qualities in the game and has no qualms about picking up talent available in the Football League.

And on a day when Kinnear awoke to headlines from Mike Ashley claiming he was better than Fabio Capello, the Toon boss has met with the owner to discuss which players he is allowed to bid for.

Wolves star Michael Kightly is certainly one player who has been scouted by Dennis Wise this season but the former Chelsea man has also been spotted at Watford with John-Joe O’Toole also linked.

Kinnear said today: "I have spoken to him (Ashley) about various areas where I want improve.

"We’ll wait and see.

"We need to strengthen the whole squad, there will be a cap.

"I may have go into the Championship and buy there, I always have done."

And speaking on the glowing reference from Ashley comparing him with the England boss, JK joked: "I already knew that!

"I saw the article and was surprised in many ways it makes a change from the normal ones, it is Christmas."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/18/joe-kinnear-looks-for-championship-stars-at-nufc-72703-22505489/

Guest The Libertine
And speaking on the glowing reference from Ashley comparing him with the England boss, JK joked: "I already knew that!

"I saw the article and was surprised in many ways it makes a change from the normal ones, it is Christmas."

he actually believes he is better than capello?!!!?!? FFS!! is there no end to this madness???  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

It's not a NUFC rumour but Alex really wants out at Chelsea.

Must say its funny how CB's really are not our priority for a change but can't help think he'd be ace alongside Colo, or even to move Colo in to Mid.

It's not a NUFC rumour but Alex really wants out at Chelsea.

Must say its funny how CB's really are not our priority for a change but can't help think he'd be ace alongside Colo, or even to move Colo in to Mid.

Yup, him and Colo together at the back would be a pretty good pairing. He strikes a mean free-kick as well.