Newcastle 2 - 2 Manchester City - 20/10/08 - post match reaction from page 18

Decky

Pearce - 100 people would have different opinions on the pen.

Anyone care to try list them? :laugh:

Here is my opinion: Rob Styles caught his reflection in Robinho's boots, so wasn't looking properly at the incident.

Pearce - 100 people would have different opinions on the pen.

Anyone care to try list them? :laugh:

i can see Poll's point. but there's a difference between a challenge which is 99% about bundling a man over and just so happening to get a touch on the ball after, and a well timed slide which pushes the ball away, where the momentum brings the two players into collision.

Ameobi's goal was brilliant.

Yes he mishit it, but the goal was all about the little touch with his chest to get it away from the last defender. Sensational composure and he deserved the goal for that alone.

a big thanks to rob styles  :clap:

he's motivated the team and fans more than keegan ever could.

:smitten: still a cunt but a helpful one.

No offence mate but what was the point in that comment tonight. Thank goodness your not in charge of the positive vibes

Im very happy with the players effort. Too bad we couldn't win it. But im pretty satisfied considering the situation after goal down and a player sent off...The players really worked their socks off today. Well done...

Stephen Ireland is a prat. Cocky celebration after scraping a draw against 10 men.

Hasn't a clue.

Andy Carroll is s****. Every touch put us at a disadvantage.

Ameobi and Duff grafted. wtf?  ???

Coloccini was a rock

Guthrie and Butt were class

Martins was a headless chicken. Ameobi put him to shame.

Bassong was immense.

Martins was a headless chicken cos he was playing outta positon!He gave it his all,thats all you can ask for!

The problem is that he thinks he's Roy Race and never looks up. If there's three defenders ahead of him, he'll just run into them and ignore his team mates

?.....I thought he did pretty well. Don't know why you would pick on his performance in particular. He got fit ahead of schedule and put in a good shift. Unless you don't like him or something. However, I thought his position in the second half was a bit useless as he is noy very adept at defending are possessing the ball around the other team's box.

Ameobi was encouraging tonight. Reminded me of  Kanu, Berbs, or Viduka tonight. He seemed like he was playing in slow motio, but it was effective. Only difference being that those players are talented and all.

I hope that Duff's performance tonight was not a one off. He was the best player on the pitch for the entire match if you ask me,

Ameobi's goal was brilliant.

Yes he mishit it, but the goal was all about the little touch with his chest to get it away from the last defender. Sensational composure and he deserved the goal for that alone.

He did do very well to make the chance and still got that old Shola magic on at the end, legend!

i'm happy, the players showed they want to fight,

so sad we did not get the 3 points, i guess those are for next week

i feel like wouldhave won, if the ref did the right thing, but he did not

he was so far away from the incident and still gave a pen and red, thank you, you .......

Guest timmy boy

Gutted we are still in the relegation zone as well, would of been nice to be out of it,would of gave the players an extra lift as well.

If we can get Owen and Jonas fit along with Barton back and Beye's card rescinded we can go there and beat them.

Guest The Libertine

a big thanks to rob styles  :clap:

he's motivated the team and fans more than keegan ever could.

:smitten: still a cunt but a helpful one.

No offence mate but what was the point in that comment tonight. Thank goodness your not in charge of the positive vibes

first person i thought of as a "motivator". david brent and Mr aside, of course.

The angle the ref has is irrelevent considering he made precisely FUCK ALL effort to keep up with play. He was miles away and looking past/through three other players. Fucking ridiculous position to make the call from.