Sunderland appoint Steve 'I bleed black and white' Bruce as new manager

cp40

Guest Heneage

Ellis Short to Niall Quinn “Tell Roy Keane where I come from losers tend to lose their jobs.”

Uncle said that's what was told to him when he was over this morning, he wasn't a great Keane lover he said he'd met him few times at matches with my little cousin and just had no time for people. Amazing how many are coming out as disliking him now.

Good piece in the Times today on Keane. I never realised that even though the public facade was pally, in reality Keane and Quinn hardly spoke such was Keane's dislike of the gobshite.

Guest The Libertine

We need someone like Quinn.

somebody who appoints substandard managers then gives them tens of millions to spend on average/rubbish players?

not again thanks.

5, 4, 3.....

Guest Heneage

I mean someone who has a legitimate passion. Someone who wears a suit and isn't in the papers being a twat slagging the region off or sinking pints. Someone who is seen as a nice guy which Quinn is.

I mean someone who has a legitimate passion. Someone who wears a suit and isn't in the papers being a twat slagging the region off or sinking pints. Someone who is seen as a nice guy which Quinn is.

At least Ashley doesn't have those pints then drive home. :razz:

When you hear the truth about the relationship between Keane and Quinn and the lack of respect Keane had for his chairman, then you really wonder if Quinn is just too soft to run a football club.

Licking up to his manager while turning a blind eye to his behaviour having allowed him to waste so much money, displays serious naivity and a lack of wisdom.

Are they still looking for a manager? Just it has went quiet in the news & on TV about the search & what went wrong at SOL for Keane.

Nee club not even Man Utd can match us for headlines when we cause a storm or it kicks reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet off.

Are they still looking for a manager? Just it has went quiet in the news & on TV about the search & what went wrong at SOL for Keane.

Nee club not even Man Utd can match us for headlines when we cause a storm or it kicks reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet off.

Nobody gives a fuck about them.

When Keegan walked it was headline news on pretty much everything. And I mean before the rest of the news, not just the sport. Small club, you see. :D

The fact that they've not appointed anyone yet would suggest they're going after someone already in a job.

There's nothing to stop them from appointing the likes of Allardyce immediately and they've got a few massive games coming up so you'd have thought they'd want the bloke in charge asap. Very odd.  ???

Steve McClaren was in an upmarket clothes shop in Newcastle on Thurs lunchtime. When asked what he was doing over here he wouldn't say.

He may have been doing xmas shopping, he may have been getting interviewed at the SoL.  Am prettty sure Twente are playing this weekend so I'd suggest he should have been taking training.

I thought it was worth sticking a tenner on at 40-1.