Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

Guest firetotheworks

The last match we played.

to be fair what do you expect from him, he played well last season looked fairly comfortable, if on;y half the other people looked comfortable and done their job instead of looking seriously out of their depth.

makes me laugh when people slate people like Enrique, do people expect Ashley Cole like? cos he wouldnt be playing for us if he was, regardless of wages!!

I am very fair.

I don't expect a superstar to be playing for us but i do expect the basics.

I expect from our fullbacks , to have the ability to perform a simple short pass along the ground and the ability to maintain defensive position when under pressure.  These two things he lacks in spades. 

The amount of times i've seen him spray them 50 yards hollywood passes upfield last season and the season before was embarressing.  Was like watching Bramble do them all over again.

Enrique: rubbish

+ Butt: Unfairly treated

------------------------------

Unfair remainder. Idiot

Guest firetotheworks

I too don't understand why enrique is a favourite for many people here. Maybe it's....  :hom:

He's being a decent player for us so far, nothing more.

Beye and Bassong have left, imo he's one of, if not our best player after them so he's getting the brunt of the man love.

Enrique's the best footballer in the squad imo. In terms of the player who's best at what he does, i'd say Enrique was that one player. I know it sounds like a peculiar sort of statement, but whilst he's not a great crosser of the ball and never one to get to the byline and whip one in... he often practically plays playmaker from full-back. He stays deep and works the ball forward. He's quick aswell.

Great player. :thup:

Don't know about this myth to do with Enrique and his passing, it's pretty good in my mind. Especially in the Keegan days, Jose played lovely balls up the line to Oba all day, he has a tremendous eye for a pass. His crossing is a bit hit and miss but he has put a lot of brilliant balls in there over the last 2 years, and he's still at an age where it can be improved.

Don't know about this myth to do with Enrique and his passing, it's pretty good in my mind. Especially in the Keegan days, Jose played lovely balls up the line to Oba all day, he has a tremendous eye for a pass. His crossing is a bit hit and miss but he has put a lot of brilliant balls in there over the last 2 years, and he's still at an age where it can be improved.

Behind Barton he's easily our best passer of the ball.

He's a decent left back, something we haven't had since about 2004. The left back position was unresolved for years - Olly Bernard (in his first spell at the club) was the last time we had anything like a left back. In a world where there is a shortage of left backs we are lucky to have him, but he is still not the finished article by any means.

Behind Barton he's easily our best passer of the ball.

Reckon Guthrie is better, but he's a good third. He's a bit sloppy with his passing sometimes, a bit too often he wastes possession with a five yard pass, but even that is becoming less and less frequent. For a left back, he's got sublime vision of the game, he's terrific at reading runs, both offensive and defensive.

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Atletico-Madrid-target-3m-Newcastle-left-back-Joe-Enrique-article129309.html

Surprisingly there is not a quote in sight.

Atletico Madrid have come in for Newcastle left-back Jose Enrique.

The Spanish club are hoping to sign the 23-year-old in a cut-price £3 million deal as Newcastle look to cut their wage bill.

Enrique, who joined from Villarreal for £6.3m two years ago, is also wanted by Real Zaragoza but only on a loan deal.

Newcastle's Argentinian defender Fabricio Coloccini is also a target for Espanyol as the Toon Army look to cut their wage bill.

Was brilliant again tonight, seems happy to stay so why sell he is a MUST keep!

BRILLIANT in an 4-3 win against Huddersfield, really?

He was really good tonight.

I thought he was excellent too.