Sébastien Bassong (now retired)

Crumpy Gunt

I'd wager he's played our last game for us, regardless of what division we're in.

not so sure just yet, if shearer stays he might convince him to stay for a season - it's not like he's a world beater at the minute and he's not likely to be on massive wages

If we stay up there is a slim chance we will keep him, but thats IF we stay up.

I hope we dont bend over backwards on a fee though. we should get a decent sum.. and maybe some players on loan/exchange as part of the fee. Might be a decent idea if we are in the Championship.

Thanks for a wonderful season, Thanks to be the best central defender in the club in the past 15 or so years since I start supporting NUFC. I hope you stay with us even if we are in the first division. Thanks again our footballer of the year.

Ridiculous..not as good as Woodgate,Howey,Albert or even Dabizas.Potentially good but not in their class at the moment.

howey?  jesus we are at a low ebb

Quality centre half,and a justified England international too.

he was as error prone as most of our other defenders and was getting games for england when there was a dirth of good CB's for the national team

he was OK but bassong is likely to become twice the player howey was

I'm with Billy on this one like.

Thanks for a wonderful season, Thanks to be the best central defender in the club in the past 15 or so years since I start supporting NUFC. I hope you stay with us even if we are in the first division. Thanks again our footballer of the year.

Ridiculous..not as good as Woodgate,Howey,Albert or even Dabizas.Potentially good but not in their class at the moment.

he was as error prone as most of our other defenders and was getting games for england when there was a dirth of good CB's for the national team

agree to disagree - i don't think he was poor or anything just not that great and was playing in a quality footballing side where our scoring goals often hid defensive deficiencies

imo that is

add me to that. he went through a good half season spell when he was possibly the best centre half in england.

add me to that. he went through a good half season spell when he was possibly the best centre half in england.

at the time pallister and bruce were starting for man u i just can't agree with that personally

Guest Magpiecn

I bet Webb will reconsider the decision in return for Shearer not slaughtering him over Vidukas goal.

Will he?

Guest Phil K

No he wasn't

Half the time he got bailed out by Peacock who consequently, (like the Bilbao game) covering for where Howey SHOULD have been, he left gaps on HIS side

Bassong is good and all..

but he is using he's hands waaaaay to much. Good prospect anyway.

Wenger will tidy that up when he signs for Arsenal for next season

Is it true have we appealed? if so good!

I said we should, nothing to lose just means we have Bassong for Sunday and thats the biggest thing we have to think about, not worry about how many games they will ban him for next season. Even if he remains our players for next season we would be happy to lose him for our first 3 Premiership games.

:EDIT

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1660926,00.html

United Appeal Bassong Red Card

NEWCASTLE United have lodged an appeal with the Football Association against the red card shown to Sebastien Bassong during Saturday's 1-0 defeat to Fulham.

The Magpies have claimed wrongful dismissal in the case of the Frenchman, who was dismissed by referee Howard Webb for a second-half foul on Diomansy Kamara at St. James' Park.

A Regulatory Commission will hear the claim on 19 May.

I'd be very surprised if they overturned it, and presumably with the hearing tomorrow he won't be able to play if it is upheld. Worth a try I guess, presumably can only be on the basis of it not being a goalscoring opportunity with the direction of the ball.

I'd be very surprised if they overturned it, and presumably with the hearing tomorrow he won't be able to play if it is upheld. Worth a try I guess, presumably can only be on the basis of it not being a goalscoring opportunity with the direction of the ball.

:thup:

Clear red, as soon as I saw him put his hands on Kamaras shoulder I knew he would be sent off and I was at the other end of the ground so to say the ref got it wrong is stupid.

Bassong has done this afew times this season, got away with some and some have been pulled up, just hope its something that the management team can coach out him whilst he is still young, if he is still here next season.