Derek Llambeezy

Willow

I'd say the likes of Marveaux, Haidara, Obertan, Shola, Gouffran, Williamson are red. As long as they are like Gouffran and Marv I'm happy.

Obertan,Shola and Williamso are not in the Red category,they are in the Black one

Obviously, but to the club they are red.

We need another purple striker and we need to offload a few reds which are looking a bit maroon.

Balance still isn't right for me, upfront at least.

1 purple striker would be enough to me when i look at the first team, the rest of signings should be players who push the first team.

That's assuming no purple's leave of course.

Any how good quotes again, he seems to be learning from past mistakes :thup:

Good stuff. There's no way you could look at that negatively.

nobody is looking at it negativly, its all positive at the minute but it's more than just carr finding players, which i've no doubt other clubs were looking at aswell, i peronally don't think sissoko and m'biwa came here as we were the best deal financially, i think they were persuaded by more than that, maybe as the best show case for a further move but given the wage prudency we appear to be showing i'd doubt we beat everyone else off with wages.

Please don't tell me that this drawn out discussion is because you have took idle speculation (that there was genuine better offers for Mbiwa and Sissoko) and turned it outright fact?  Come on really??  How many players turn down bigger contracts in this day and age.

no no, it's came from me watching the players, having an idea how good they are and finding it difficulit to understand that I appear to have better scouting skills than liverpool, spurs, arsenal et al.

i am genuinely surprised that these players have came here, they tend to go to clubs offering better wages than we do and in the champs league plus it's not like they are the 'hidden gems' of carr style folklore.

Well, I understand what you mean and share your surprise.

My euphoric reaction in the pub last Saturday after the match was along the lines of "how did WE sign him (Cissoko) why didn't he end up at Real Madrid or somewhere? ". His stock may have been high previously but has risen considerably again after his first 2 PL games. Anyway we got him, and having rushed the deal forward means someone other than Carr has performed very well.

Regarding wages on offer, contrary to some opinions, we are offering as much as anyone outside of the CL select few and the looney clubs. Perhaps the CL elite considered they had full squads and priorities lie elewhere in strengthening, so financially we are the next best thing.

We also seem to be offering significantly longer contracts than other clubs. Sometimes that'll bite us on the bum (eg Ranger), but I reckon it played a big part in Sissoko's decision to come here. That six and a half year deal gives him security for the bulk of his career.

Having such a large French contingent must help in attracting other French or French-speaking players. Knowing that there's a potential community to join may overcome some hesitation on the part of players and their wives / partners.

Good stuff. There's no way you could look at that negatively.

nobody is looking at it negativly, its all positive at the minute but it's more than just carr finding players, which i've no doubt other clubs were looking at aswell, i peronally don't think sissoko and m'biwa came here as we were the best deal financially, i think they were persuaded by more than that, maybe as the best show case for a further move but given the wage prudency we appear to be showing i'd doubt we beat everyone else off with wages.

Please don't tell me that this drawn out discussion is because you have took idle speculation (that there was genuine better offers for Mbiwa and Sissoko) and turned it outright fact?  Come on really??  How many players turn down bigger contracts in this day and age.

no no, it's came from me watching the players, having an idea how good they are and finding it difficulit to understand that I appear to have better scouting skills than liverpool, spurs, arsenal et al.

i am genuinely surprised that these players have came here, they tend to go to clubs offering better wages than we do and in the champs league plus it's not like they are the 'hidden gems' of carr style folklore.

Well, I understand what you mean and share your surprise.

I agree with yous, doesn't really matter but would just like to know anyway cause I'm a nosey bastard.

He's still talking out of his arse about the stadium naming, wish they'd just admit defeat on that one and let it go. It paid for Sissoko ffs.

I know it's largely irrelevant how the deal was composed, but didn't they communicate it as Wonga actually paying a yearly sum for the stadium naming rights to be reinstated to SJP? :lol:

He's still talking out of his arse about the stadium naming, wish they'd just admit defeat on that one and let it go. It paid for Sissoko ffs.

Aye, they should definitely stop talking about that. Even if it paid for Messi it's still an appalling idea.

Guest neesy111

Even if it paid for Messi it's still an appalling idea.

:serious:

I'd say the likes of Marveaux, Haidara, Obertan, Shola, Gouffran, Williamson are red. As long as they are like Gouffran and Marv I'm happy.

Following his interview in yesterday's paper, isn't Gouffran the Ba replacement therefore he's seen as a purple?

Even if it paid for Messi it's still an appalling idea.

:serious:

I believe that, I wouldn't sell the name of SJP for anything.

Following our last signings and Dereks comments. I would not be surprised if we started to do our dealings in another country. It will not be long before people start playing hardball with the transfers. As Michu has shown there is potentially good value for money in spain at the right clubs, aswell as the Netherlands and Germany(albeit this place seems a tad expenssive).

whats pisses meoff is that shite like mancity and chelsea are distorting the league.  We know we have someof the best support in the league, and given a fair finiancial playing field can out muscle dross teams like that.

scudamore doesnt have the guts to clamp pwn on it.  gutless twat!  too many trips on abramovichs yacht...?!

Guest tollemache

This might be an opportunity to repost the email exchange between me and the CEO of Wonga in the days before they announced they'd be renaming it SJP.

Not necessarily saying I saved St James' Park. But I might have saved St James' Park

Guest tollemache

Wonder how many years it would take, with Newcastle run in the same profoundly sensible way for the next n years, for us to catch up with the big teams, if totally strict financial fair play was imposed?

Probs not that long actually because Man City and Chelsea would have to sell all their players immediately. Moving on.

The transfer policy seems nice and all but we've had too much of signing "reds" who actually turn out to be blue. I'm all for focusing on youth in the summer but they will at least have to be capable of filling in when necessary as opposed to just being reserve fodder.