West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5374/010278629313700.gif

Please don't hotlink from the official site.

Gotta love this photo too, showing our shit central midfielders sitting on their arses.

:lol: We're going down.

Guest toonlass

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5374/010278629313700.gif

Please don't hotlink from the official site.

Gotta love this photo too, showing our shit central midfielders sitting on their arses.

Hughton shouting "Get up and do some training or you get no pay."

Our midfield laughing "Ah feck off you second class boss!"

The people trimming the grass get's more training then the players ffs

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs089.snc1/5083_116934111521_516766521_2927859_1162057_n.jpg

I'm confused what's changed from Carroll's spell with Preston to now?

He's older and more experienced. Don't care that he didn't look impressing for Preston two years ago, he looked a rather handy player in the Premiership at the end of this season.

probably worth noting that he's a lot less likely to bully defenders in the championship

He managed to bully Hangeland in 10 minutes on the pitch.

Was thinking exactly the same and he's hardly a small, technical centre half.

If Chopra can bag 20-odd goals with Cardiff then I reckon Carroll is capable of scoring a good few. Wouldn't really want to be relying on him as our goal-getter though.

We'll definitely need someone with pace alongside him otherwise we're gonna look really static up front. With Martins and Lovenkrands most likely gone it means a pacy striker is a big priority.

If Chopra can bag 20-odd goals with Cardiff then I reckon Carroll is capable of scoring a good few. Wouldn't really want to be relying on him as our goal-getter though.

We'll definitely need someone with pace alongside him otherwise we're gonna look really static up front. With Martins and Lovenkrands most likely gone it means a pacy striker is a big priority.

I do agree that we probably would need a pacey player alongside him, but as far as big forward types go, he's fairly mobile. He certainly puts himself about.

I hope you're right although I'm not so sure if he has that strikers instinct that Chopra does, even at that level. Good at putting himself about but not sure if he has that knack of scoring goals. Hope I'm wrong of course.

Guest Stephen927

I hope you're right although I'm not so sure if he has that strikers instinct that Chopra does, even at that level. Good at putting himself about but not sure if he has that knack of scoring goals. Hope I'm wrong of course.

Seems to be fairly accurate when heading the ball, can't say I'm as confident when he's striking it.

Seems to be fairly accurate when heading the ball, can't say I'm as confident when he's striking it.

Didn't score with about 25 shots in the warm up and half time against Stoke. Looks formidable in the air mind, scored two fantastic finishes.

Dead ringer for AC:

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/BEASANT_Dave_1991_GH_R.jpg

When he had those ridiculous cornrows, all I could see was Matthew Lillard from Hackers

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5222/995hacmatthewlillard015.jpg

• 1 month later...

In the U21 squad for next weeks game. Good on him.

From nufc.com

Andy takes a step up

England U21 head coach Stuart Pearce has handed Newcastle's Andy Carroll his first call up at that level, against the Netherlands next Tuesday.

The 20 year-old striker has previously represented his country at U19 level, with injury forcing him out of an U20 squad earlier this year.

England face the Dutch at Groningen's Eurodome. 

In the U21 squad for next weeks game. Good on him.

Andy takes a step up

England U21 head coach Stuart Pearce has handed Newcastle's Andy Carroll his first call up at that level, against the Netherlands next Tuesday.

The 20 year-old striker has previously represented his country at U19 level, with injury forcing him out of an U20 squad earlier this year.

England face the Dutch at Groningen's Eurodome. 

Hope he doesn't get injured.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say he's gonna be a bloody good player for us this year. Haven't seen loads of him but he looks like the sorta player, if he's hungry enough, who'll score goals in this league. With a bit of luck he could be a reasonable provider aswell; he's not too bad with the ball at his feet and if we see some relatively decent imports then we might find a decent partnership up there with Carroll as the main man.

Guest Heneage

I'd be tempted to agree with Yorkie. He's scored some impressive goals at Reserve level and seems to have good ball skills, with his heading never being in question.

He's currently our main striker this season, IMHO he's already shown more talent and skill than Shola ever has. Shame we still don't have Lövenkrands, on paper the two of them would make a good partnership in this league.