West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Thinking about our top scorers, it's really only Lovenkrands who's justified his goals with his performances, and even then he's quite a quiet player. Drifts in and out of games a fair bit. We're a weird team.

Worry is next year really, there are only three and a half players who I'm certain are good enough to regularly start for a team surviving in the Premier League.

Colo, Enrique, and Taylor

and then Jonas if there are enough other good players in the team to mask his clear weaknesses

Do you seriously think the squads of Portsmouth, Hull, Burnley, Wolves, West Ham, Wigan, Sunderland, Bolton and Blackburn are so much better than Newcastle's? Granted three of the teams I mentioned will be relegated but they are the teams (and the other two Championship clubs that get promoted) we will be competing against if we get promoted.

Guest malandro

Get.A.f***ing.HAIRCUT.

Neg.  Don't.  Look what it did to Matty Pattison.

And Paul Stephenson... Jill’s right though, he should wash it.

Carroll’s had to take on a lot of responsibly in his ‘first’ season. Most youngsters would have crumbled under the pressure. The stupid graphic above is exactly that – the lad has scored and created numerous goals, and worked hard for the team. He’s got a lot to learn and may not make the grade in the PL, but he deserves a lot of credit for his contribution this season.

Guest BooBoo

He's playing with bags of confidence at the moment. I really hope the lad makes it in the sense of doing relatively well next season. He's certainly got the raw materials.

I just keep worrying that he could end up doing a Kevin Kyle.