West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just thinking today, this charver from Gateshead with his s*** pony tail could be playing for England in Brazil in 4 years time. :lol:

Will be mate. Will be.

(By the way, that almost sounded like you were talking about yourself in the third person!)

Haha, fortunately I'm not a charver, nor do I hail from Gateshead or have a shit pony tail. Unfortunately there's no possibility I'll be playing for England in the next World Cup. :lol:

Just thinking today, this charver from Gateshead with his shit pony tail could be playing for England in Brazil in 4 years time. :lol:

Fit right in with the Brazillians (aside from being a pasty fucker)

Regarding where he could improve: could work on his long-range shooting a bit, would add a lot to his game.  Other than that he's really getting there man.

Totally incredible how much he's progressed in the last 12 months.  I had him down as a workhorse for a good while.  Can remember him being excellent at West Brom first game last season and then looking like a bit of a clogger until Christmas.

He just needs that reminder now and again that his place isn't guaranteed. It's twice now he's smashed in with some terrific performances, the earlier time being when we brought Best in. Shola's been getting the nod recently and he's kicked on again, great attitude.

he's just getting better and better. the progress he's made in the space of one year is outrageous.

thought he put in some good effort in the first half of last season to establish himself in the first team, but at december or january you would've thought he was a mediocre championship-class target man at best, who would need 2 or 3 years before making the step up.

there's definitely elements he needs to improve on: close control has improved but it can still be better. long range shots i think he has huge potential for as he can hit them harder than most, fairly accurately, and hit them early too with little backlift. also he'll learn to become more dangerous in his all round movement, much like shola has over the years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1325726/Andy-Carroll-Englands-spearhead-10-years.html

I've not been as excited about a centre forward since going to watch Southampton versus Arsenal at The Dell when I was 14. Alan Shearer scored a hat-trick on his debut that day

This was the stand out quote for me:

John Fashanu is another player who stands out from memory. He once lined up for a corner behind me and said: 'This is Fash's space', before smashing me when the ball came over. Before a match, he would warm up in the tunnel in full view of everyone with his body oiled, practising his karate moves, trying to scare opponents. It often worked!

Fucking beast against West Ham and Sunderland.

Looked a fucking beast when he was brought on against Arsenal too.

Without wishing to jinx the lad, as he's a complete fuckwit, it's the most I've seen someone come on in development and progression within a year in a long time.

Let's hope he keeps up the form and pushes on even further. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1325726/Andy-Carroll-Englands-spearhead-10-years.html

I've not been as excited about a centre forward since going to watch Southampton versus Arsenal at The Dell when I was 14. Alan Shearer scored a hat-trick on his debut that day

This was the stand out quote for me:

John Fashanu is another player who stands out from memory. He once lined up for a corner behind me and said: 'This is Fash's space', before smashing me when the ball came over. Before a match, he would warm up in the tunnel in full view of everyone with his body oiled, practising his karate moves, trying to scare opponents. It often worked!

Probably shouting 'AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGAAAAAAA' at the same time.  I'd s*** my pants as well.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm being genuine here with my opinions - I can't for the life of me see anything in him to suggest he's going to be anything other than your typical average Premier League centre-forward in the same kind of mould as Kevin Davies at Bolton or dare I say it Emile Heskey. Carroll's positioning in terms of goalscoring is often very poor and while he's obviously good in the air and quite strong, his first touch lets him down and he's quite one paced too. He'll cause problems and get himself 10 goals or so in this division but talk of becoming top-class and so on just doesn't weigh true for me whenever I see him or assess his attributes. He's doing well mind, better than expected  and has time to improve of course but I honestly don't see a top-class centre-forward in him, much less a goalscorer.

I'm being genuine here with my opinions - I can't for the life of me see anything in him to suggest he's going to be anything other than your typical average Premier League centre-forward in the same kind of mould as Kevin Davies at Bolton or dare I say it Emile Heskey. Carroll's positioning in terms of goalscoring is often very poor and while he's obviously good in the air and quite strong, his first touch lets him down and he's quite one paced too. He'll cause problems and get himself 10 goals or so in this division but talk of becoming top-class and so on just doesn't weigh true for me whenever I see him or assess his attributes. He's doing well mind, better than expected  and has time to improve of course but I honestly don't see a top-class centre-forward in him, much less a goalscorer.

He's barely played in the Premier League and he's already outscoring the likes of Heskey and Davies at their goalscoring peaks.

One paced? ???  I'd have agreed a while ago, but he certainly hasn't looked that way recently, his first touch and close control has also looked very good.

Just one year ago he looked like a totally raw player, excellent in the air but not a goal threat otherwise.  Now he looks like a goal scorer to me, he's improved leaps and bounds on the ground, he looks quicker and keeps the ball better, he seems to be improving rapidly, so who knows where he'll be a year from now?

Clearly remember him dusting sunderlands defence only a couple of days ago with pace/control/determination/effort/strength, Hes not going to be world class but hes hopefully going to be a steady goal scorer. Even when hes not scoring he does a lot of bitch work for the team such as defending corners and set pieces, Not too many forwards do that

Can't quite see him going from a goal every two games to a goal every 5.5 games myself. The goals might dry up but not to that extent - even if we're playing like shit he'll get opportunities from crosses and set pieces because of his sheer height and aerial ability.

His improvement in the last year or so has been nothing short of phenomenal, and I think Hughton and the coaching staff deserve a lot of credit for that as well as the player. He might not end up being truly top class but it's bonkers to complain about that, especially considering that if he does he'll probably end up playing for a club that isn't NUFC.

Can't quite see him going from a goal every two games to a goal every 5.5 games myself. The goals might dry up but not to that extent - even if we're playing like shit he'll get opportunities from crosses and set pieces because of his sheer height and aerial ability.

His improvement in the last year or so has been nothing short of phenomenal, and I think Hughton and the coaching staff deserve a lot of credit for that as well as the player. He might not end up being truly top class but it's bonkers to complain about that, especially considering that if he does he'll probably end up playing for a club that isn't NUFC.

Another reason why home grown players are important is that someone like Carroll would find it difficult to leave playing for his home town club especially with the no.9 shirt.

Well, thankfully for Andy Carroll, and the rest of us, you have an utterly tremendous record of being wrong.

shittest observation i've ever read :lol:

Clearly remember him dusting sunderlands defence only a couple of days ago with pace/control/determination/effort/strength, Hes not going to be world class but hes hopefully going to be a steady goal scorer. Even when hes not scoring he does a lot of bitch work for the team such as defending corners and set pieces, Not too many forwards do that

done the same against the hammers aswell.

Also theres the small matter of him still only been 21...

Decent striker who looks like he'll continue to improve. Let's hope he keeps his off-field issues away from the pitch which, to his credit, he appears to be doing. Of course, better still, he should sort his off-pitch antics out as soon as possible.

It looks like you're going to have a very good striker on your hands, and a right handful for opposition defences to cope with. Whether he'll become "top class" remains to be seen.

Heskey has got double figures twice in the league in the last 13 seasons and Davies once in 15 years.

HTT obviously saw that post from last week that was ripped to shreds by several people and reckoned his could get more.