West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"good club really, they do deserve to be back and competing"

"If Ben Arfa can regain his fitness and keep a level head he's a brilliant player, if Santon takes his head out of his arse the same applies. And signing (regardless of wages) Tiote, Cabaye and Demba Ba for a total outlay of €8.5m is brilliant business."

:smug:

Guest magpie99

On the subject of Carroll, I have to say that even before Liverpool had their players sent off v Spurs, he looked to my like a sunday league player. The only occasion he lookedd like scoring was when Suarez took the ball off him and the goal was disallowed.

I think Capello is right. Andy Carroll's lifestyle will result in his steady decline and if he doesnt sort himself pretty bloody quickly, then he will end up being an also ran at some championship club on a free in a few years time.

Biggest mistake he ever made was leaving us and we have certainly "goosed" liverpool in my opinion.

On the subject of Enrique, he has looked pretty ordinary too although it is still early days.

Still can't believe we got Cabaye for 4.5m like. Can't fathom why no one else came in for him at that price? Especially someone like 'arry at Spurs, he'd normally be all over a bargain like that.

I think when it comes to sniffing out bargains, free transfers and release clauses we are as good as anyone in the league right now. Sometimes though a player is needed out of necessity to fill an important gap in the squad and you might have to pay a full price. We seem to be lacking in the flexibility and skill in our negotiating to do this side of the job effectively.

Guest cr4igora

Aye that clip was on at half time during one of the Fox Soccer matches I was watching. I tried to screengrab but didn't have the commitment at the time.

A very young Andy Carroll on his way to St James' Park to watch Shearer and co...

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4738/andycz.jpg

Still can't believe we got Cabaye for 4.5m like. Can't fathom why no one else came in for him at that price? Especially someone like 'arry at Spurs, he'd normally be all over a bargain like that.

I think when it comes to sniffing out bargains, free transfers and release clauses we are as good as anyone in the league right now. Sometimes though a player is needed out of necessity to fill an important gap in the squad and you might have to pay a full price. We seem to be lacking in the flexibility and skill in our negotiating to do this side of the job effectively.

Spot on there.

Guest Dontooner

Liverpool is absolutely clueless at how to utilize Carroll. What a waste of talent...........trying to mold a traditional English footballer into Berbatov...

Its bloody obvious he can score with his height and size, but hoofing the ball to him alone is really asking too much of him.

All this talk about their pass and move football, but that doesn't give you the excuse to leave him one top when you cross the ball in.

Common sense to have at least 3 targets, the probability of the biggest pin head will get to it.

Shola Nolan Carroll ....bullied the crap out of CBs but they all are limited on the deck

A considerably overpriced signing for a club where the likelihood of him fitting in to both the style of play and the wills of their fan base were very slim. Especially seeing as a lot of their fans seem to have this stanch idealism of the type of players they 'deserve' and the type of football they 'deserve'. You only have to flick through a handful of pages on their main forum to see this.

Then there are the other issues that trd has covered. His condition upon arrival at Anfield; he had been out since the bar stool incident mid-December. Oh yeah and slightly connected to that is his off the pitch life style choices that don't really go hand in hand with being a professional football these days, which we can all recall Capello bemoaning. Suffice to say that he has never really been 100% fit whilst at the club. You can easily question his mental state as well. £35m, Liverpool, the Kop, leaving his boyhood club etc. is a huge weight on a very young man.

Haven't seen much of Carroll on the field, but from what little I've seen and read, I find it very odd that Liverpool signed 3 of the best crossers and deliverers in the EPL from last season to play alongside Carroll only to (seemingly) not put in as many crosser as you'd expect. Might be wrong here, but I've got this feeling I'm not.

Imo, Liverpool fans, coaches and players need to get behind him asap. Play to his strengths in the final third, give him all the encouragement and support he needs. If that all happens and he doesn't ruin himself off the pitch then in a years time everything should be OK.