West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still can't believe you sell him for about £35. Know it was in the last hours of the mercato but it's just unreal when you consider his football level!

Cracking deal by M. Ashley.

But tbh it was quite sad to see him (as much as I dislike him) leaving the pitch like that with your fans waving at him. :undecided:

He's still a Geordie in his heart maybe.

Without question. Deserves stick, but I'm pretty sure that most people can look beyond the his choices and the game and see that.

It'll be really interesting to see how Carroll reacts to today. By the time he left he was totally humiliated and he already seemed mentally weak. But he deserves no sympathy after that pathetic dive.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9179599/Liverpool-manager-Kenny-Dalglish-defends-Andy-Carroll-and-Pepe-Reina-following-2-0-defeat-against-Newcastle.html

"Liverpool have consistently denied they are looking to sell Carroll, but Newcastle would be interested in re-signing him should he become available, albeit at a vastly reduced price to the £35 million they sold him for in Jan 2011."

:pokerface:

aye fucking right

Although it is against the general consensus on here, I did feel a bit sorry for Carroll yesterday.  Glad he was booed when on the pitch to put him off his game (have to say I thought he actually looked very good for the first 15-20 mins, regardless of the dive) and I did find the booing as he came off a bit much to be honest.

I would much rather give a hostile reception to Enrique and Bellamy who have slagged the club off on a number of occasions since their departure and, in Bellamy's case, the fans as well.  Let's not forget that Enrique also strung us along and Bellamy refused to play (admittedly under Souness, but still..).

Carroll, on the other hand, got us £35 million.

Although it is against the general consensus on here, I did feel a bit sorry for Carroll yesterday.  Glad he was booed when on the pitch to put him off his game (have to say I thought he actually looked very good for the first 15-20 mins, regardless of the dive) and I did find the booing as he came off a bit much to be honest.

I would much rather give a hostile reception to Enrique and Bellamy who have slagged the club off on a number of occasions since their departure and, in Bellamy's case, the fans as well.  Let's not forget that Enrique also strung us along and Bellamy refused to play (admittedly under Souness, but still..).

Carroll, on the other hand, got us £35 million.

agreed

Would much rather pay a couple of million for a striker from Europe who isnt a plank of wood.

Or glasses somebody, breaks a team mates jaw, and didn't leave for a pay rise in the first place

Guest johnson293

Was noticeable that when he came off, rather than eyes down to the turf, he did look up at the Milburn Stand.... probably didn't help his mood at being subbed.  :iamatwat: