West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

90% of us were pissed off that we sold him for £35m man, if we get THAT player back then he's worth it and some.

:lol: haddawayandshite, man! :lol:

I think on the night it was like that, then after people like myself thought about it we just :lol: that we just fleeced Liverpool for 35m.

People would be happy paying 15 million for Carroll? :lol: We'd not get a new right back, we'd not get a new centre back, we'd not get a new winger-cum-striker. All we'd get is ANOTHER centre forward.

People are saying "Ah but we need striker, we'll be rotating due to all our matches" are these people forgetting we are 1 injury away from playing Mike Williamson at CB? 1 injury away from Ryan Taylor at RB? 1 injury away from having Obertan on the wing?

Fuck Carroll man, we don't need him.

Pointless all this. A spectacular goal doesn't get you anymore points than one that hits you and goes in. The old Carroll knows where the goal is, end of.

BTW, I don't think he will sign.

I'm not sure what all this talk about systems and the way we play is about. Pardew's a pretty pragmatic manager when it comes to tactics and adapts to the players at his disposal. The only question should be whether he would improve the squad, and whether we need another striker, and the answer to both is yes. After that it's just a question of how much. If a half-crocked Demba Ba is worth 7m, is a fully fit and hungry Andy Carroll not worth 10m+?

I think this is pretty nailed on. The club appear to want him, he obviously wants to come back, and Liverpool are looking to get rid. This will all come down to how much of a hit Liverpool are willing to take, and I suspect when the ridiculouse bids they want fail to materialise, they'll accept reality and do the deal.

People would be happy paying 15 million for Carroll? :lol: We'd not get a new right back, we'd not get a new centre back, we'd not get a new winger-cum-striker. All we'd get is ANOTHER centre forward.

WTF?  :lol:

I was gutted for a fair while after Carroll left, even for £35m. Obviously looking back now, we did alright out of it :lol: But there was no guarantee of that at the time. If he'd carried on for Liverpool as he did for us, it would have been painful.

More i think about it more i like the idea. Loan him this season with option to buy for £10m ish (prefferably) or a straight £10 m ish purchase. If we just loan him and he does really well they will really jack up the price and could really hold us to ransom. Similiarly i think if we bought him and then wanted rid we'd get at least most of the £10m we paid for him. Worth a gamble  imo.

We do have more pressing priorities though Debuchy, Douglas, Hoilett (or similar players). But this would be the cherry on top...Anita would also be good too.

Newcastle’s initial offer, which was rejected, was actually closer to £13million despite reports of a lower offer.

:harry:

Could spend that money so much better....

Totally agree.

name names

If we are willing to spend that amount of money i'd get Dembele in, can play wide, upfront and in midfield. Would kill about 3 birds with 1 stone.

How many right backs do we have? How many forwards do we have? Seems pretty straight forward to me, there are other areas that need strengthening other than 'target man'. I reckon we need another striker, yes, but not 'AC9'. We need someone with pace, someone to change the game and to stretch defences. A Bellamy type IMO.

I'm not against another striker for when Cisse and Ba are away, it's just the wrong style. At best Carrol would be a plan B for when we're struggling, do we really want that to become plan a for a few months?

How many right backs do we have? How many forwards do we have? Seems pretty straight forward to me, there are other areas that need strengthening other than 'target man'. I reckon we need another striker, yes, but not 'AC9'. We need someone with pace, someone to change the game and to stretch defences. A Bellamy type IMO.

We're still going to sign a right back, and probably a centre back.

We're still going to sign a right back, and probably a centre back.

I think Jim's burst  :embarrassed:

People are saying "Ah but we need striker, we'll be rotating due to all our matches" are these people forgetting we are 1 injury away from playing Mike Williamson at CB? 1 injury away from Ryan Taylor at RB? 1 injury away from having Obertan on the wing?

f*** Carroll man, we don't need him.

We were still bidding for Debuchy, Douglas, Anita etc as well as De Jong for £10-£12m ish whilst if it was either or i'd agree with you we'd have to leave Carroll (unless on loan) but don't think that's the case.

I was crying because we didn't have enough bodies in midfield when we were being outpossessioned, besides that wasn't that much of an issue by the end, swansea 2-0 win was great

the addition of a long ball from the back to a geet big fucker up front to give their defenders something to think about even when we are pegged back shouldnt be ignored, its a great option to have in the squad.