West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Increasing optimism at #nufc about recruitment. Debuchy could be in by Mon, and another bid for Carroll (nearer £16m) being considered...

£16m  :facepalm:

If we want to pay that much for Carroll, Id rather have Sturridge any day.

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Increasing optimism at #nufc about recruitment. Debuchy could be in by Mon, and another bid for Carroll (nearer £16m) being considered...

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/facepalm/grand/mma_facepalm_gif.gif

Love it :lol:

Guest icemanblue

Don't understand why we're so aggressive in the recruitment of Carroll. Rodgers doesn't want to play him, Carroll would love to come here. Just await the situation ffs.

Yeah, no way is he worth £18.6m! Lawd!

I think he's easily worth £10m - significantly more if he can re-find his form, but just think £16m for us is a very high risk for an off-form player. Opinion based purely on player ability and not whether he would fit into our system etc...

As much as I can see why we're after him, I wouldn't want us to shell out anywhere near that much before he's proved to be a good fit and able to recapture his earlier form in a season long loan. For that kind of money as a permanent transfer I'd rather we look elsewhere.

Gupter really dislike Carroll. :lol:

Was it the same when he was here, or after he went to Liverpool?

Same when he was here, you can probably find the evidence of it from a couple of years ago on here, if you're sad. :lol:

Genuinely celebrated heavily on that 31st of January 2011. I knew then it was a great thing for the club, and it has proved to be. I never want to see him back here, Andy Carroll is a black mark on Newcastle United and a black mark on English football.

Gupter really dislike Carroll. :lol:

Was it the same when he was here, or after he went to Liverpool?

Same when he was here, you can probably find the evidence of it from a couple of years ago on here, if you're sad. :lol:

Genuinely celebrated heavily on that 31st of January 2011. I knew then it was a great thing for the club, and it has proved to be. I never want to see him back here, Andy Carroll is a black mark on Newcastle United and a black mark on English football.

:lol:

Wild pov here. But i imagine for us to be willing to spend that amount, numerous conversations involving Carr, Pardew & Ashley etc will have taken place. And personally im willing to put trust into their pov in terms of his value & ability to fit into our side, seeing as they are the same people that got us the current side everyone loves so much.