West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh I know's there no tax relief concession (the thought :lol:) and I'm fairly sure the exclusivity/nature of their contracts would preclude them from being self-employed. Just curious if figures quoted in the media are gross or net.

Pretty sure it's gross.

Yeah, makes you sick, doesn't it.

I was expecting him to bounce back at West Ham, talk about a team tailor-made to his strengths. But it's not working for him at all so far.

I'm not so sure.  He always looked poor up top on his own.  I know Nolan pretty much plays up with him a lot of the time, but he's not a striker.

I remember Carroll getting bossed against Spurs and Blackpool playing as a lone striker.  He doesn't really seem to have much control on his headers, teams often manage to pick up the second ball and I'm not sure he has the brain for it.  I've also seen Michael Dawson marshall him easily on two seperate occassions.  Hardly a world class centre back!

That trio of Carroll, Nolan and Barton really was such a fundemental part of our success.  It possibly exagerated their abilities as well, as they were so successful as a unit.  Take one of the cogs out and we ground to a halt.  We often looked s**** when one or two of the three didn't play, as they were nowhere near as effective on their own. 

Nolan has found a bit of form this season in fairness.  But it's no surprise all of them struggled once they were split up.

Teams must be wising up to him and West Ham haven't mastered the long diagonal, with Nolan running off Carroll. They seem to favour the aimless punt upfield approach  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

Carroll, Shola and Taylor.

Products of our academy and all injury prone.

Should add Vuckic too that list.

Good point actually.  Sammy and fergie have had a few injuries as well.

Yeah it's a weird coincidence.

Didn't Carroll stay relatively injury free up until he early 2011 around when he was sold? Always thought he was fine but ever since that January injury he has never really got back to best form or fitness.

Yeah it's a weird coincidence.

Didn't Carroll stay relatively injury free up until he early 2011 around when he was sold? Always thought he was fine but ever since that January injury he has never really got back to best form or fitness.

don't think you can put taylors shoulder and achiles down to poor fitness regimes/training techniques.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4679621/andy-carroll-hammers-photographer.html

FOOTIE star Andy Carroll was last night accused of attacking a photographer and gouging his eye.

Sun snapper Paddy Cummins claimed he was assaulted by the pony-tailed England ace outside a nightclub following a binge with West Ham team-mates.

Paddy said boozed-up Carroll — sidelined by a knee injury — went berserk at him for trying to take a photo of him without a leg brace he had been wearing earlier.

The 5ft 8in lensman said the 6ft 3in striker DUG his fingers into his right eye while trying to grab his camera.

He also claimed Carroll, on loan to the Hammers from Liverpool, tried to BITE him after knocking him down in Dublin. Liverpool fan Paddy, 33, gave cops a statement in hospital and they are investigating.

Paddy said: “He was like a wild animal. I felt this terrible pain in my eye as he gouged me.

“I was screaming, ‘My eyes!’ but he kept it up. The pain was incredible.”

The bust-up came after Carroll, 23, flew to the city with Hammers pals for a “social trip”.

The group, including Carlton Cole, James Collins, Kevin Nolan and Jussi Jaaskelainen, jetted out after Saturday’s 3-1 win over Chelsea.

Sporting all-white outfits, they partied until 5.30am at a celebrity haunt. On Sunday, they hit the town again with onlookers spotting them downing Guinness and Jagerbomb cocktails.

Paddy claimed he was assaulted as minders tried to get Carroll into a rickshaw. He said: “I didn’t provoke it. I was doing my job.”

Carroll would not discuss the incident, saying only it was “a great night”. West Ham said Paddy was “restrained” by security men but denied any contact with the player