West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Goals win games.  :smug:

He still doesn't really offend me - neither does José tbh. Good luck to them both as individuals, just not for Liverpool.

My Dad said the same about Carroll, hopes he does well so he can lead the England line for the next few years, which I do kind of agree with.

Goals win games.  :smug:

He still doesn't really offend me - neither does José tbh. Good luck to them both as individuals, just not for Liverpool.

My Dad said the same about Carroll, hopes he does well so he can lead the England line for the next few years, which I do kind of agree with.

As an England fan, I don't think there's many (if any) better English strikers that are of the same type as Carroll.

In a squad of that size, it provides a different option. I'm not saying he should necessarily start, just that he is the best English striker at what he does. For what it's worth, at international level the long-ball / put everyone in the back of the net with the ball kinda striker is almost pointless these days. Simply because footballers can barely touch each other.

Hearing rumours that carroll has been offered back to newcastle for half the price they paid after a tuesday night ruckus in a night club last tuesday. Newcastle aledgedly refused it.

Was supposedly last tuesday though and i cant see dagleesh playing him in the derby if he wanted rid. Came from a fairly respectable liverpool source though.

Semi-ITK stuff here.

Hearing rumours that carroll has been offered back to newcastle for half the price they paid after a tuesday night ruckus in a night club last tuesday. Newcastle aledgedly refused it.

Was supposedly last tuesday though and i cant see dagleesh playing him in the derby if he wanted rid. Came from a fairly respectable liverpool source though.

Semi-ITK stuff here.

Semi-literate more like.

Semi-ITK stuff here.

I can believe the bit about the night club, but not the rest.

Carroll won't get punished as he was defending Suarez. Apparently it all kicked off when the buck-toothed starlet was given a John Smiths instead of Guinness and reacted by rolling on the floor, clutching his shin.

• 2 weeks later...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I was devastated at the time (still hurts a bit), but £35m, ridiculous, most overpriced transfer in history surely. Still think he'll make it though

He'll prove himself and become a very good PL striker. Not a £35m striker. But still a good signing for anyone. But I suppose we can't complain at the business when we look at how we've progressed.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I was devastated at the time (still hurts a bit), but £35m, ridiculous, most overpriced transfer in history surely. Still think he'll make it though

Make it at Liverpool? As in 'increase in value or make the club even more millions in cups and trophys' make it?

I certainly wouldn't want us spunking £17 million on him.  With our scouting network we could get 5 world class players with that :pow:

I have done this so many times it's boring now, BUT :lol: with around £17m we could get a job lot of..

Ba, Best, Cabaye, Tiote, Marveaux, Ben Arfa, Krul, Williamson and Simpson.