West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If we'd accepted a £15m bid I would understand people claiming Ashley was desperate to sell. But we turned down £30 million ffs. Obviously every player has his price, especially if he decides to hand in a transfer request.

:snod:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TIwaKuYP2z0/S63NY3Nak3I/AAAAAAAAAR0/FyJW3IDWwLo/s1600/million-dollar-man.jpg

Slowtex tbh.

If we'd accepted a £15m bid I would understand people claiming Ashley was desperate to sell. But we turned down £30 million ffs. Obviously every player has his price, especially if he decides to hand in a transfer request.

Cmon man, we turned down 30 mill from a club who had 50 mill coming in. We kept inviting bids, we didnt turn them down whatsoever. Ashley got as much from the deal as he could & pushed the deal through.

:snod:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TIwaKuYP2z0/S63NY3Nak3I/AAAAAAAAAR0/FyJW3IDWwLo/s1600/million-dollar-man.jpg

Slowtex tbh.

I've been on wap man, nee images. I should've known you'dve thrown him up already.

People think this is FM with all this 'if we accepted a bid why we would he hand in a transfer request'. It's f***ing not. Someone from LFC calls up and says 'we'll offer x', we say 'yes', tell them the conditions that Carroll has to say he handed in a transfer request, tell Carroll, Carroll doesn't mind staying or leaving, especailly since he'll be getting a massive and instant raise, so he goes along with it. Lots of non-disclosure agreements are signed, lots of money changes hand and at the end of it, Liverpool can say they got a player that wanted to play for them and Ashley can say that he did all he could do keep Carroll. Everybody's happy, and both sets of fans love their owners more after today.

Yup.

Why on earth would Carroll be happy at that? He'll have trouble whenever he comes to Newcastle now.

Come on, man. You think that shit is important? You think his mates won't know what actually happened? They won't give him shit. And if you think things like 'playing for your home team' has such a pull over players then you're incredibly, incredibly naive. This is the real world, not some romantic comedy where you follow your heart and hope for the best. Carroll's going to a club which is better than we currently are. He's obviously ambitious, and he wants to win trophies. This is not like Shearer. Shearer signed for us because he thought we would win things. Shearer would have never signed for us if we weren't top 3 at that time. The 'sentimental' stuff is icing on the cake. The cake is the money and the trophies and the glory. You're naive if you think so otherwise. Same with Carroll. He won't mind not having the icing so long as he can still have the cake.

You think Carroll's going to mind having to not party in Newcastle? Is Newcastle the only party city in the country? You think his friends and family will cut off all ties with him based on this? Come on, don't be daft.

When Carroll's announced he'll knock out some tosh about how he felt he had no choice as they never made enough of an effort to persuade him to stay.

:rolleyes:

Newcastle is great, but Liverpool are a massive club...going places...Gerrard...Kop...King Kenny....

ITS A GREAT deal(money wise) its just the timing. hours to go in the window and right now Liverpool are rivals for League position, we have no other real goal threat.

Already sent Routledge out and have not signed anyone.

Massive risk for Liverpool, much better players have gone to much better clubs and still failed. Liverpool are some way off being a Champions League team again, some investment in their defence might have been a better idea.

Shame we weren't able to build the team around him but money talks.

I'm gutted but we knew all along that a huge bid would prove too much for Ashley.

ITS A GREAT deal its just the timing. hours to go in the window and right now Liverpool are rivals for League position, we have no other real goal threat.

Nah man, we signed HBA.

He's great, when his leg isn't in three pieces.  But still, we've done great business in this window.

Can't blame ashley or the club for this, they rejected everything thrown at them, and then andy throws in a transfer request.

I'm really gutted but £35m plus addons will be pretty handy at least, just scared how they'll spend it..

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

All that remains now is for Enrique to join Man U to instantly wipe out at least 50,000 people from the population.

We'd have to be mental to reject £35m for any of our players, none of them are worth that.

If Carroll's handed in a transfer request, which is what everyone's saying, then even if you're mental enough to think he's worth that kind of money, you still can't seriously be blaming the club, can you!?!

SSN are saying that we initially rejected the £35m and it was only when he handed in the transfer request that we accepted it.

You've got to be unbelievably one-eyed to not think this is not in the club's best interests and surely what's in the club's best interests is ultimately what we all want as NUFC fans, isn't it?

Nail on the head. I'm disappointed but at least we got a good fee.

We'd have to be mental to reject £35m for any of our players, none of them are worth that.

If Carroll's handed in a transfer request, which is what everyone's saying, then even if you're mental enough to think he's worth that kind of money, you still can't seriously be blaming the club, can you!?!

SSN are saying that we initially rejected the £35m and it was only when he handed in the transfer request that we accepted it.

You've got to be unbelievably one-eyed to not think this is not in the club's best interests and surely what's in the club's best interests is ultimately what we all want as NUFC fans, isn't it?

Agree 100% :nods:

The worry is that we've got no sign of a credible replacement lined up though. That's my main worry with this.

The fact we've rejected an offer and then accepted after the request suggests to me he wanted to go, absolute knob.

Come on. You've got more about you than that.

Textbook manipulation that you've all fallen for.

Yep. PR for dummies.

You should try conspiracy theory for dummies, your cooked up theory is not even close to believable  :idiot2:

Not even close to believable that a situation controlled by Mike Ashley (through David Craig) has been presented rather favourably to avoid fan backlash?

Wake up.

What I don't find believable is the fact Carroll is happy to go along with this. If Ashley was about the cash he'd have taken £30m.

ITS A GREAT deal(money wise) its just the timing. hours to go in the window and right now Liverpool are rivals for League position, we have no other real goal threat.

I think you've got a good point there. the transfer window needs scrapping as it only really benefits certain clubs and players, to the detriment of everyone else.

Let's face it we've been a selling club since the 70s (at least). That's why we've won nowt and they have won loads.

Kennedy

Beardsley

Waddle

Gascoigne

etc etc etc

And I wonder how long he'll be out injured now? Anyone expect to see him back playing sooner than expected?