West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Disappointed to see him go but £35m +add ons (if you believe Sky) is a ridiculous amount of money.  Every player has their price & I don't believe there are more than 10 clubs in the world who would be in a position to turn it down.

The only questions in my mind are can we find a replacement for him before 11pm whether a loan or permanent move, can we find a replacement for him on a long-term basis and will all that money be reinvested in the squad?

Can't blame ashley or the club for this, they rejected everything thrown at them, and then andy throws in a transfer request.

I'm really gutted but £35m plus addons will be pretty handy at least, just scared how they'll spend it..

this.

Feel fucking sick about this TBH.

Local lad, born 5 minutes down the road from me, wearing the number 9 for the toon. The stuff dreams are made of, a player you could really get behind.

Fuck this shit about £35m being too much to turn down. It's not about money, it's about sending the message that we're NUFC and we're on the way up.

And fuck Andy Carroll for leaving us, why the fuck would he want to play for Liverpool anyway?

This. :dave:

Yeah why didn't we just handcuff him to a radiator until the window closed..  Common ffs, we did well to resist such an insane offer to begin with.  He's asked to leave now, we cant do much more.

Aye we were struggling to resist so much that we stayed silent & kept inviting offers. Poor Ashley, hes been completely caught off guard

Fucking hell

We rejected the bid and he asked to leave!  Get it through your fucking head!  Stop making excuses for Carroll.

ITS A GREAT deal its just the timing. hours to go in the window and right now Liverpool are rivals for League position, we have no other real goal threat.

Already sent Routledge out and have not signed anyone.

Nah man, we signed HBA.

He's great, when his leg isn't in three pieces.  But still, we've done great business in this window.

We already had him though, yeah we got him on a contract and not loan but you know what I mean.

Can't blame ashley or the club for this, they rejected everything thrown at them, and then andy throws in a transfer request.

I'm really gutted but £35m plus addons will be pretty handy at least, just scared how they'll spend it..

this.

Not this.

They did not reject the transfer

The fact we've rejected an offer and then accepted after the request suggests to me he wanted to go, absolute knob.

Come on. You've got more about you than that.

Textbook manipulation that you've all fallen for.

Yep. PR for dummies.

You should try conspiracy theory for dummies, your cooked up theory is not even close to believable  :idiot2:

Not even close to believable that a situation controlled by Mike Ashley (through David Craig) has been presented rather favourably to avoid fan backlash?

Wake up.

What I don't find believable is the fact Carroll is happy to go along with this. If Ashley was about the cash he'd have taken £30m.

When Milner submitted a transfer request wasn't it described as the noble thing to do as it meant he wouldn't receive millions of pounds in loyalty bonuses from us?

£35 million for arguably a player who is top 5 at the club.

The only thing on his side is age, but I mean he hasn't performe 100x times better than Jose Enrique, Coloccini, Tiote, Barton and Ben Arfa (for the one or two games he played)

Funny if Ben Arfa is worth £5 million and Carroll £35 million. Its just fucking ridiculous.

Guest Campo22

maybe he's trolling us all...handed in request, travelling down and telling them to all fuck off, travels back and signs a new deal.

:wakes up from dream: 

We'd have to be mental to reject £35m for any of our players, none of them are worth that.

If Carroll's handed in a transfer request, which is what everyone's saying, then even if you're mental enough to think he's worth that kind of money, you still can't seriously be blaming the club, can you!?!

SSN are saying that we initially rejected the £35m and it was only when he handed in the transfer request that we accepted it.

You've got to be unbelievably one-eyed to not think this is not in the club's best interests and surely what's in the club's best interests is ultimately what we all want as NUFC fans, isn't it?

Agree with most of your post, I really don't think going into the last months of the season with a strikeforce of Ameobi, Best, Lövenkrands and Ranger is in the best interest of the club. It would have been far better to keep Carroll the rest of the season and sell him for £25m in the summer.

So what's everyone else at the club going to think about this?! We sell our young protégé, top english goalscorer, someone the team was meant to be built around... why is anyone going to want to sign a contract now, what's the point, we have no ambition. We have no resolve, our group doesn't matter?

Its basically saying to everyone at the club, 'we need you all, unless we can find a cheaper replacement and make some money off you. That club you thought Newcastle United was, doesn't exist any more'.