West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I must be the only one who thought he looked good last night...........................

His hold up play was strong, he layed the ball off well and would've scored if it wasn't for the Goonie Heed getting in the way.

Liverpool are already having the same problem we have had with Carroll in the team, and that is everyone is tempted to hoof the ball long and look for knockdowns. The Dalglish destruction of Liverpool's passing game has begun.

Liverpool haven't had a "passing game" for ages tbf.

I must be the only one who thought he looked good last night...........................

His hold up play was strong, he layed the ball off well and would've scored if it wasn't for the Goonie Heed getting in the way.

He did play reasonably well, but the performance of the team was poor. It was like the team had to slow down to suit Carroll's pace and style. Against Man U, their movement was much better.

People still clutching at straws I see. First he wasn't going to play again this season, then it was an injury that might plague his career, now he's not worth the money because his team was wank in one match.

Give it up lads, he's going to be great for them once they figure out not to just smash it at him from the back every time.

People still clutching at straws I see. First he wasn't going to play again this season, then it was an injury that might plague his career, now he's not worth the money because his team was w*** in one match.

Give it up lads, he's going to be great for them once they figure out not to just smash it at him from the back every time.

Don't be so negative.

People still clutching at straws I see. First he wasn't going to play again this season, then it was an injury that might plague his career, now he's not worth the money because his team was w*** in one match.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you!

The continuing obsession with him is a bit baffling to me. At points last night, the Other Games Thread looked like the front page of threads on RTG after our 6-0 Villa win (and their 1-0 loss to West Brom). I know it was one of the few games being played at the time, but it's more the type of posts. I thought it would have abated by now is all, I suppose.

The continuing obsession with him is a bit baffling to me. At points last night, the Other Games Thread looked like the front page of threads on RTG after our 6-0 Villa win (and their 1-0 loss to West Brom). I know it was one of the few games being played at the time, but it's more the type of posts. I thought it would have abated by now is all, I suppose.

100% agree.

I find it also really peculiar that immediately after yesterdays match, many users on this forum would seek out Liverpool message boards to 'see what they think of Carroll now'.  His NUFC career is over, we should all move on.

People still clutching at straws I see. First he wasn't going to play again this season, then it was an injury that might plague his career, now he's not worth the money because his team was wank in one match.

He isn't worth the money because he just isn't, never was.  Can still be a extremely effective player like.

How is the obsession with him baffling by the way? I wouldn't personally say I was obsessed but I can understand it given that this lad was thought to be the future of our club, a geordie striker with the potential to be as big as Shearer was.

He practically symbolised as a person the optimism and belief for the club going forward.

How is the obsession with him baffling by the way? I wouldn't personally say I was obsessed but I can understand it given that this lad was thought to be the future of our club, a geordie striker with the potential to be as big as Shearer was.

He practically symbolised as a person the optimism and belief for the club going forward.

Spot on.

Truth and sense being spoken. If he'd joined Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal the obsession wouldn't be so bad but it's because he joined a team like Liverpool that it's hurt people so much.

On reflection, it's an internet forum - you can care about what you like - not my place to judge, if you're still hurt by his move you're still hurt by it.

When Bent was sold to Aston Villa, RTG began piously following his every move, praying for every misfortune they could fathom to befall Aston Villa etc - I just thought it was a bit sad and typical of a club like Man City/Spurs/Sunderland (who were used to living in the shadows of more illustrious neighbours) and were used to it. I would like to think we won't still be dedicating as much of our forum bandwidth to him once he's had a few games with them - maybe it's as much as it is currently because he's only just had his first start. :dontknow:

100% agree.

I find it also really peculiar that immediately after yesterdays match, many users on this forum would seek out Liverpool message boards to 'see what they think of Carroll now'.  His NUFC career is over, we should all move on.

Sorry discussion police  :geordiesathome: Didn't realise we weren't allowed to discuss players who had left the club.

Spot on.

Yup.

And tbf, it was his first start for them and he only left the club a month and a half ago.

Carroll has been attracting a lot of attention this season, and there's a lot of interest in how he progresses after this move. The interest isn't confined to the two clubs by any means. It was noticeable last night that the commentator's voice went up by 50 decibels every time Carroll went near the ball.

The national media would love to see a Liverpool / Dalglish revival, if only because they don't like Fergie. The story they want is for AC to be the new sensation who's going to get Liverpool and England back on the trophy hunt. Newcastle screwing up again is another theme that they love to get their teeth into.

There's been a certain amount of hype based on the suddenness of his arrival to national attention. Yes he's good and should get better, but his lack of pace and mobility is always going to limit how he can be used.

So I think it's okay for us to take this interest. We saw him first.

Guest toonarmymia

100% agree.

I find it also really peculiar that immediately after yesterdays match, many users on this forum would seek out Liverpool message boards to 'see what they think of Carroll now'.  His NUFC career is over, we should all move on.

Sorry discussion police  :geordiesathome: Didn't realise we weren't allowed to discuss players who had left the club.

;D

On reflection, it's an internet forum - you can care about what you like - not my place to judge, if you're still hurt by his move you're still hurt by it.

When Bent was sold to Aston Villa, RTG began piously following his every move, praying for every misfortune they could fathom to befall Aston Villa etc - I just thought it was a bit sad and typical of a club like Man City/Spurs/Sunderland (who were used to living in the shadows of more illustrious neighbours) and were used to it. I would like to think we won't still be dedicating as much of our forum bandwidth to him once he's had a few games with them - maybe it's as much as it is currently because he's only just had his first start. :dontknow:

If there's one thing internet forums have taught us, it's that we're no different to the other clubs/fans you mention.