West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyway, surely an even bigger stumbling block than the fee will be his wages. He's currently got around 5 years left of wages we cannot afford, I doubt he'd be willing to give that up to return.

He would. He gave up £3.5m to leave.

I think he'd be quality for us again some day but right now I wouldn't want him in the team. I think we're becoming a more mobile team and I'm not talking about the pace of our players but the movement of them. While Carroll isn't slow at all, I really think we'd struggle to play as expansive a style of play with him in the team. He hasn't looked as hungry for the ball at Liverpool and isn't adored by their fans in the way he was here, this has added to his shit play there. I still think he'll improve and become a massive player in the PL but now's not the right time for him here

Old arguments here, but I will repeat, would take him back for 35m or less, with the interest accrued it doesn't matter on the fee we'd have still made money. People under delusions still that money for sold players will be invested in players and not in more SD advertising boards and stores. Oh right, agent fees, they were invented about a year ago right?

You would take him back for £35m? Seriously? Fucking hell man. :lol: :lol:

He'd take him back for £35m because he doesn't think that money will be invested on players.  But if we did get him back the money would have been invested and we'd be sitting here wishing it was invested more wisely.. very odd argument IMO.

I'd take him back for half what they paid with us also receiving the 25% sell on fee, making the total fee £13m after cash back :lol:  I doubt anyone else will pay £17.5m for him.

I doubt liverpool are even close to paying up the £35mil yet so (if its true, which is highly doubtful) they probs just sounded out some deal where we have Carroll back but they don't pay the rest of the money they owe us

I doubt liverpool are even close to paying up the £35mil yet so (if its true, which is highly doubtful) they probs just sounded out some deal where we have Carroll back but they don't pay the rest of the money they owe us

They gave us £30m up front and I reckon we'll get the other five in this window coming up.

We need a poll...

Would you have him back for..

Not at any price.

5m

10m

15m

20m etc. etc.

Personally I wouldn't want to go much over 10m and even then I'd only see him as a squad player and not a guaranteed starter.

Last year we humped the ball up the field, Carroll knocked it down and Nolan scored. Effective and just what was needed to keep us up. Them days are gone though, we're a better side now. While i still think Carroll is a decent player whatever it would cost to bring him back could definately be better spent.

I don't really have all the hate for him and not fussed either way how he does. What is certain is that so far he's left his boy hood club with fans adoring him to move to Liverpool where he's hardly done anything and isn't playing much. Furthermore we've kicked on, the team is happy and confident and we seem to be pushing in the right direction.

Was the extra money in his bumper contract actually worth it when all is said and done? Not at the moment that's for sure.

I don't really have all the hate for him and not fussed either way how he does. What is certain is that so far he's left his boy hood club with fans adoring him to move to Liverpool where he's hardly done anything and isn't playing much. Furthermore we've kicked on, the team is happy and confident and we seem to be pushing in the right direction.

Was the extra money in his bumper contract actually worth it when all is said and done? Not at the moment that's for sure.

Well said. It's a tough one because for a moment with us he looked like a real star. At Liverpool he's just not looked the part and it's been the best part of a year since he left. I worry about his night life and drinking being a factor that will prevent him being a top player. I still question whether he's got another criminal activity in him to get in the headlines for the wrong reasons.

I'd take him back for a max of £10m based on things at present. Would be nervous though, would it work with our new players and system? Would it encourage more long balls? - not sure.

Some serious underrating of his ability in here IYAM.

Yes, he's an absolute tank of a lad who absolutely dominates in the air, but he's a mobile fella for his size and has a pretty decent touch. He's far from being a one trick pony and I'd stick him in the team ahead of any of our strikers in a flash if he was still at the club.

That said, I think it was a good deal for the club when we sold him and if we were going to spend 20m or so I reckon we'd do much better spending it on two or three players than throwing it all at bringing Carroll back.