West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carroll's value is only going to decrease at Liverpool.

Can't see him working in Rodger's setup at all.

Best time to sell him is now. After his supposed "successful" Euros. Makes sense.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Would it be possible the stories are coming from Carroll trying to engineer a move?

Well yes but everything Craig quoted from Carroll was about how much he loves it at Liverpool and doesn't want to leave, permanently anyway.

Could be Carroll telling people he is being forced out...

Did he not do the same thing before he left us?

Guest bimpy474

Would it be possible the stories are coming from Carroll trying to engineer a move?

Well yes but everything Craig quoted from Carroll was about how much he loves it at Liverpool and doesn't want to leave, permanently anyway.

Could be Carroll telling people he is being forced out...

Did he not do the same thing before he left us?

He did. I think the circumstances are different, if its true of course.

Carroll's value is only going to decrease at Liverpool.

Can't see him working in Rodger's setup at all.

Best time to sell him is now. After his supposed "successful" Euros. Makes sense.

yes but Liverpool making it so clear (without Rogers even having one training session with him no less) that he's for sale will hit an already catastrophically hit transfer value even further it makes no sense in the slightest what they've done

Unless he has done something that has not been made public, Liverpool seem to be treating him quite harshly.  And it's not too clever either as it will affect his resale value if everyone knows they are desperate to get rid.

Think we'd have to play 4-4-2 primarily if we brought him back, think Ba and Cisse would both work well off him but most of our squad are better equipped to play in a 4-3-3.

Just don't think he's a good fit.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Was talking to a Liverpool season ticket holder last night who reckons he was very good towards the end of the season and wants to see him stay on

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'd agree he only seemed to get better towards the end of the season, I don't think Rodgers will use him properly mind.

I think he'd do well at Milan personally.

Guest bimpy474

Was talking to a Liverpool season ticket holder last night who reckons he was very good towards the end of the season and wants to see him stay on

Couple of Liverpool fans i know have said just about the same, dont matter a jot if Brendon doesn't rate him. When Pards commented on the "grass isn't always greener" in reference to Jose and Joey, that gets a more and more spot on statement.

Think we'd have to play 4-4-2 primarily if we brought him back, think Ba and Cisse would both work well off him but most of our squad are better equipped to play in a 4-3-3.

Just don't think he's a good fit.

Bingo.

I'd expect we'll see a mix of the two Dave.

My point was more that signing Carroll would give us less versatility to use a 4-3-3 than signing (purely as an example) a Bellamy type who can play either as part of a front two or on the flank in a 4-3-3.

It'd border on mental if he abandoned it altogether after six straight wins. I do sort of agree with Dave though, i don't think we'll 'default' to the 4-3-3, but i doubt it'll be 4-4-2 either. Can see us mixing and matching all over the shop tbh.

I'd expect we'll see a mix of the two Dave.

My point was more that signing Carroll would give us less versatility to use a 4-3-3 than signing (purely as an example) a Bellamy type who can play either as part of a front two or on the flank in a 4-3-3.

:thup:

Agree, but I can't say I'm convinced that it's what Pardew believes in.

Totally agree with you. The Everton game was a prime example of that, we had no need to revert back to 4-4-2 and we were appalling in the first half because of it. As soon as we went 4-3-3 in the second we looked a much better team. Although I do feel at teams Pardew prefers the safe option which is why I think we will see 4-4-2 quite a lot this season.

I think it depends on what bigger team. If we play against say for example Arsenal.

I would want to see 4-3-3 because 4-4-2 they would just outnumber in the middle and they keep possession so well enough as it is we cant afford to be outnumbered.

Against say Man Utd, then yeah 4-4-2 makes sense because of how wing heavy they are.

All depends on the opposition and where the strengths and weaknesses lie, but i do think like most people that 4-3-3 should be the main system because it suits the team the best quite frankly.

He did have a somewhat strong finish to the season so the only thing Carroll can do is to train hard and build on it. But if he's not in the manager's plans, then he should really move on to pastures new.