West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think the money could be better spent. The sums that are being talked about could probably buy two quality forwards.

Agreed, we can't get pride/sentiment stand in the way in this one. PSG are flogging Gaimero and Rondon is still available, we could get either and Hoillet and have a bunch of money spare.

The 5 million thing is silly tbh. That 5 million would be on our balance sheet as a receivable/debtor. It's not a discount in any way.

Edit: Also, Braindead Rodgers :yao:

Bit more of the Rodgers quotes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9410311/Newcastles-loan-bid-for-Andy-Carroll-castigated-by-Liverpool-manager-Brendan-Rodgers.html

“The club invested £35 million in the player and there has been a lot written and spoken over the last couple of weeks. For me, it’s simple. The player is still part of this group and the only way we would think about him going out is the same as any other player.

"If there was an offer to take him on a permanent deal, we’d have to look at it, but that’s no different to any player. The thought of him going on loan for one year is ridiculous, really.

“It is that part of the year where there is a game going on with agents and other people, but the reality is he will join us here in Boston next week. He is a talented player and we will review what happens from there.

“I’ve spoken to Andy – I made the time to speak to all the players either verbally or through texts – so the communication is there.

"I specifically spoke to him and was straight with him. I’m looking forward to him coming back and we will take it from there.”

Think the money could be better spent. The sums that are being talked about could probably buy two quality forwards.

Agreed, we can't get pride/sentiment stand in the way in this one. PSG are flogging Gaimero and Rondon is still available, we could get either and Hoillet and have a bunch of money spare.

What do they want for him? He can play across the front three, right? What i've seen of him is pretty good, would want us to go for that one if possible

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-andy-carroll-1148442

Andy Carroll wants to thrash out his future next week.

The big Liverpool striker knows he will be have to leave Anfield if he wants to play regular games, after new manager Brendan Rodgers made clear he does not figure in his first-team plans.

England international Carroll’s advisors have now spoken to the Reds boss and been told the 23-year-old can go if the right offer comes in.

Initially, Carroll was advised he would be able to go out on loan but, after a proposal from Newcastle at the weekend, Rodgers has now seemed to rule that prospect out.

It has left Carroll in limbo.

He has maintained throughout the summer that he doesn’t want to leave Liverpool, and this week reiterated his stance by insisting that if he is forced out, then he will ONLY accept a loan move in the short term.

Newcastle offered just such an arrangement when they made contact with Liverpool officials, but couldn’t get near the striker’s £80,000 a week wages, so asked the Merseyside club to pay a large chunk of his salary.

That idea was turned down flat, leaving the striker to face showdown talks next week when he returns from a post-Euro 2012 holiday.

The centre-forward was due to travel to Boston to join with the Reds squad on their North American pre-season tour, but that journey may be put on hold as his future is thrashed out.

Rodgers believes a loan spell may prove valuable to both Liverpool and Carroll and would prefer to farm the big Geordie out to AC Milan, who have expressed a strong interest and this week sold star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Paris Saint-Germain.

If the Milan loan doesn’t happen, the Reds want to sell him.

They would demand a fee of around £20million, which would leave them facing a loss of more than £15m in less than 18 months.

Carroll though, will make clear his determination to either stay at Anfield or go out on loan - and that he would prefer any loan to be to hometown club Newcastle, despite the failure to secure an agreement between the two clubs.

Nowt new really.

Reckon we're gonna end up signing him, probably in the last week of the window.

Would rather spend the money elsewhere if the only option is a permanent deal. I loved watching him at his best and it'd be great if he came back and did the business, but I just don't think he's a good fit for our current squad.