West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is their club record? Terrible move if he goes there...

£7.5m for Craig Bellamy if I remember rightly.

Be class if they'd bid £8m or something. :lol:

Bellamy at West Ham? ???

What is their club record? Terrible move if he goes there...

£7.5m for Craig Bellamy if I remember rightly.

Be class if they'd bid £8m or something. :lol:

Bellamy at West Ham? ???

He was there a good year or 18 months. He even scored against us for them, at SJP in a 2-2 draw, the game where Carroll had them daft dreadlocks.

Excellent plan.

West Ham spend 10m on Carroll and he resumes his crack party's with Nolan, we spend the money on someone who is actually good and Liverpool make a 25m loss 18 months after buying him.

Everybody wins.

:thup:

Making a bid is a far way off convincing Carroll to come tbf. 

If there is any chance of coming home he will poo poo it imo. That said might be his best offer otherwise, they will focus their play around him and buddy Kev will mollycoddle him.

Excellent plan.

West Ham spend 10m on Carroll and he resumes his crack party's with Nolan, we spend the money on someone who is actually good and Liverpool make a 25m loss 18 months after buying him.

Everybody wins.

Or West Ham make a bid, we panic and match the offer and he chooses us :anguish:

Excellent plan.

Everybody wins.

Or West Ham make a bid, we panic and match the offer and he chooses us :anguish:

The nightmare scenario. :anguish:

Making a bid is a far way off convincing Carroll to come tbf. 

If there is any chance of coming home he will poo poo it imo. That said might be his best offer otherwise, they will focus their play around him and buddy Kev will mollycoddle him.

Exactly, why would he even choose to go to West Ham. Decent chance hed much prefer staying at Pool on silly wages playing here and there.

Considering the poll we had before this one (around 2/3 in favour of him returning) it appears the anti-Carroll folk are far more vocal than those on the other side.  FWIW I'd have Remy over Carroll based on what I've seen/heard about him but I still wouldn't be disappointed if we got Carroll as long as we don't pay over the odds.

It appears people are suddenly picking and choosing when to trust the decisions of those running the club, something that hasn't happened for a while.  I trust them in terms of player recruitment now but they do have a tendency to dig their heels and take the gamble of leaving us without cover at times. 

One day that will bite them in the arse but in terms of the personnel I'm happy to let them get on with it.

Considering the poll we had before this one (around 2/3 in favour of him returning) it appears the anti-Carroll folk are far more vocal than those on the other side.  FWIW I'd have Remy over Carroll based on what I've seen/heard about him but I still wouldn't be disappointed if we got Carroll as long as we don't pay over the odds.

It appears people are suddenly picking and choosing when to trust the decisions of those running the club, something that hasn't happened for a while.  I trust them in terms of player recruitment now but they do have a tendency to dig their heels and take the gamble of leaving us without cover at times. 

One day that will bite them in the arse but in terms of the personnel I'm happy to let them get on with it.

First poll: do you want him back? Which the majority wanted, second poll: for £20m? Rightly so, nobody wants.

Would have been better with a couple of options price wise.

I am certainly not against Carroll coming back, in fact I would welcome him. Truly believe he would be great for us again.

However I don't want him back at the expense of a pacey winger/striker that we need, or Anita, Debuchy and a CB. If he signs after those targets are bought, I am more than down. 

I don't think there are many on here that don't want him back if the conditions are right.

Interesting move by West Ham.  They are meant to be up to their eyes in debt and trying to reduce the wage bill and desperately need cover in other areas.  Instead, they are preparing to throw all their budget and then some at Carroll in the belief that he will guarantee them survival.  A bit of pressure on Carroll there.

Probably not the best of ideas for him to team up with Nolan again either.

Interesting move by West Ham.  They are meant to be up to their eyes in debt and trying to reduce the wage bill and desperately need cover in other areas.  Instead, they are preparing to throw all their budget and then some at Carroll in the belief that he will guarantee them survival.  A bit of pressure on Carroll there.

Probably not the best of ideas for him to team up with Nolan again either.

Not to mention they already have about 10 poor strikers on their books.

West Ham have stepped up their interest in Liverpool striker Andy Carroll by making a bid that could potentially break the club's transfer record.

The fresh offer would see Carroll initially move on loan with a commitment to buy the 23-year-old next summer in a deal worth more than £15m.

However, it is understood he does not view West Ham as a serious option.

The England international's preference, should he be forced to leave Anfield, is still to return to Newcastle United.

The Tyneside club, who retain a strong interest in the player, are monitoring the situation.