West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's not scoring, but the pundits seem to think he's doing alright.

He's one of the main reasons that there doing so well. He's getting marked out of most games, but leaving huge amounts of space for others (nolan) to score from.

I've said (repeatedly) throughout the last year that Carroll was simply on a great run of form for a year and since then he's been the player he actually is and it's becoming more right by the game. Selling THIS player for £35 million is probably the best bit of business ever done in football.

Only 14 PL goals before he moved  :lol: At least Torres had a few hundred goals on his record to justify that move.

Wayne Rooney only had 15 Everton goals before his big move - Liverpool probably thought they were buying the next big thing before his price went up further!

He was scoring goals at 16. His performances at Euro 2004 probably added £10million onto his fee as well.

He is doing alrite, if you disregard his price tag.

Truth be told, I don't think West Ham care much about the 35m Liverpool paid. They probably aren't paying their entire wages either.

But I still think he's better than he's showing. I'm just going from that 12 month streak playing for you, but I think it's a matter of confidence. He barely tries shooting or anything daring anymore. He would never score that screamer vs Liverpool, for example.

I think he's a guy that will probably flourish once the spotlight and the pressure is taken off him and he finds a team he's comfortable in. Somehow he reminds me of Kevin Davies, maybe because both are tall big fellas that played for Big Sam. Hot start to their careers, floundering after huge fees are paid for them...

It's a huge pricetag to carry around everytime he steps onto a pitch. Not many would do well under the pressure.

Exactly. People like Zlatan and C Ronaldo seem to revel in it in a sense, but a proven and successful striker such as Torres even looks totally off

It's a huge pricetag to carry around everytime he steps onto a pitch. Not many would do well under the pressure.

Exactly. People like Zlatan and C Ronaldo seem to revel in it in a sense, but a proven and successful striker such as Torres even looks totally off

He looked off for at least a year before they signed him. That knee injured certainly clipped his wings.

He looked off for at least a year before they signed him. That knee injured certainly clipped his wings.

Without taking injuries and managerial changes into account I suppose that's true. He started turning after Rafa left didn't he?

Oh I know's there no tax relief concession (the thought :lol:) and I'm fairly sure the exclusivity/nature of their contracts would preclude them from being self-employed. Just curious if figures quoted in the media are gross or net.