Peter Løvenkradns signs cøntract tø end øf seasøn

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is nobody else curious why he was released by Schalke then?  He looks like he still has a good touch,  plenty of pace and he doesn't sound like the kind of guy that's going to have an attitude problem, so, while he might not have had a future there, to release him without trying to get a fee sounds strange.

Is nobody else curious why he was released by Schalke then?  He looks like he still has a good touch,  plenty of pace and he doesn't sound like the kind of guy that's going to have an attitude problem, so, while he might not have had a future there, to release him without trying to get a fee sounds strange.

Wasn't getting in the squad and his contract was up in the summer anyway. I know what you mean, but it might simply have been a gesture of goodwill and he may not have asked for the entire remaining value of his contract to be paid up. He makes it sound like he just wanted to play football somewhere, so that may be the case.

It is a rarity though.

Guest toonlass

From what I recall at Rangers he never had an attitude problem. Maybe he just didn't settle in the German League.

Sense of humour bypass or just ignorance?

http://nufc.com/2008-09images/2009-02-07loverkradns.jpg

From NUFC.com:

As ever, the eagle -eyed readership of NUFC.com let nothing get past them on the field.

And too many of you to list spotted something of a spelling muddle on the shirt of our new number 24.

From what I recall at Rangers he never had an attitude problem. Maybe he just didn't settle in the German League.

Sometimes you just don't fit I suppose. Look at the undue stick some of our managers have given Enrique, and the Keane situation at Liverpool.

It is odd I guess, just hoping it's nothing that's going to surface suddenly!

Peter Lovenkrands hails support by Toon fans

Feb 9 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

PETER LOVENKRANDS has thanked the Toon Army after they gave him a rousing reception at West Brom on his flying start for the club.

Few United players have became cult heroes so quickly, as fans showed their admiration for the Dane with a rapidly put together chant, singing “Peter Lovenkrands, signed on a free, from Germany” for long periods during the game.

Lovenkrands responded by netting his first goal in Newcastle colours.

And the former Rangers striker told the Chronicle: “The fans were great all game.

“I could hear them chanting my name, and it gave me a big lift.

“I was absolutely buzzing the whole day when I found out I was starting, but I was very nervous as well.

“Starting in the Premier League and scoring is incredible, but the most important thing was that we got the three points.

“My last goal was maybe a year ago.

“I had a couple of reserve team goals, but it’s been a long time on the big scene.

“It was just great to help the team.

“Especially in the first half, I thought we looked really good. Shola and I held the ball up well, and we did a good job first half.”

Lovenkrands almost added to his Toon tally in the second half with a powerful effort at Scott Carson in the West Brom goal and a volley that crept just wide following Mark Viduka’s flick-on.

He added: “We had a lot of chances, and it was really good to be 3-1 up at half time.

“We were more under pressure in the second half, as they were pushing more up the pitch.

“The second half was hard work, but it was all worth it in the end.

“It was important we got three points – it was a very important game for us, and it was good all the other teams under us losing as well.

“We were very pleased.”

The win also delighted unwell Toon boss Joe Kinnear, and Lovenkrands added: “I hope he’s OK, and that he’ll be back as soon as possible.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/02/09/it-s-love-at-first-sight-for-peter-72703-22886614/

Wasn't getting in the squad and his contract was up in the summer anyway. I know what you mean, but it might simply have been a gesture of goodwill and he may not have asked for the entire remaining value of his contract to be paid up. He makes it sound like he just wanted to play football somewhere, so that may be the case.

It is a rarity though.

He also wanted to be near Scotland for the birth of his child I think.

A cult hero in the making? Already has a chant of his own and was pivotal in beating WBA. God we could do with one or two heroes.

Definitely. Scored one of our most important goals this season to boot, so he's more than paid back what wages he'll earn while here.

Guest toonlass

Just watched his interview on world. I know his wife is scottish and that, but didn't expect him to sound like that  :lol:

Unreal isn't it. :lol:

He was just a young un when he signed for Rangers and spent six years there. He learned most of his English in Glasgow. Does sound strange though if you are expecting an accent that is kind of Scandinavian like.

Guest johnson293

Just watched his interview on world. I know his wife is scottish and that, but didn't expect him to sound like that  :lol:

Unreal isn't it. :lol:

He was just a young un when he signed for Rangers and spent six years there. He learned most of his English in Glasgow. Does sound strange though if you are expecting an accent that is kind of Scandinavian like.

Just Like Jan Molby at Liverpool - adopted (and still has) a proper scouse accent!

happy to see a fellow dane in the b&w shirt....but that it is løvenkrands is just funny!

didnt like when we signed him....but hope he can keep up the good work! At least he will be a decent squad player which can operate on the left and up front! Always thought he was a left winger....maybe i was wrong?