Caio Vinícius Ferreira signs three-year deal (apparently not)

joeyt

The Brazilian youth policy goes something like this:

Every kid in Brazil who is half good goes for an epic trial at Santos. The best kids get picked, and the rest get sent home. Then all the kids left go to the next best club and so on, until they've found somewhere.

Of course there is the margin of error, but those players that low down have generally been rejected by the top clubs. If they suddenly come any good at their lower level club, they'll get spotted and snapped up by the top national clubs.

So either our scouts have become immense and we are spotting them before the Santos scouts. Or alternatively something silly is going on.

I'm still finding it very hard to believe we've signed him, a lad saw him train and play and said he was really poor.

Very hard to believe he was poor considering he isnt from Cacapas family and hes brazilian, so shut yo mouth!

Guest Heneage

Every kid in Brazil who is half good goes for an epic trial at Santos. The best kids get picked, and the rest get sent home. Then all the kids left go to the next best club and so on, until they've found somewhere.

Of course there is the margin of error, but those players that low down have generally been rejected by the top clubs. If they suddenly come any good at their lower level club, they'll get spotted and snapped up by the top national clubs.

So either our scouts have become immense and we are spotting them before the Santos scouts. Or alternatively something silly is going on.

I'm still finding it very hard to believe we've signed him, a lad saw him train and play and said he was really poor.

Very hard to believe he was poor considering he isnt from Cacapas family and hes brazilian, so shut yo mouth!

Sir I direct one's attention to your signature.

i'm finding it very hard to believe as on page 4...........

We've not signed him at all, and he won't be joining us either, he came for a trial, thinking he'd been offered a 3 year deal, but apparently he's wanktastic.

and

Quote from: Stephen927 on Yesterday at 10:42:10 AM

A load of s*** I reckon.

It is.

what with your fantastic journalistic prowess i thought you if anyone would know,

Guest Heneage

We've not signed him at all, and he won't be joining us either, he came for a trial, thinking he'd been offered a 3 year deal, but apparently he's wanktastic.

and

A load of s*** I reckon.

It is.

what with your fantastic journalistic prowess i thought you if anyone would know,

The Journalism career has nowt to do with it.

As I explained to Greg, I said to a friend of mine whom I went to school with (Currently on the books) had he seen a brazilian lad at the training ground training with them? He said yes and he was really bad and had been sent home. I showed him the link saying is this him, and he said yes.

and

A load of s*** I reckon.

It is.

As I explained to Greg, I said to a friend of mine whom I went to school with (Currently on the books) had he seen a brazilian lad at the training ground training with them? He said yes and he was really bad and had been sent home. I showed him the link saying is this him, and he said yes.

lesson one.......check your sources.

Guest Heneage

and

A load of s*** I reckon.

It is.

I believe you should save that till he's posing with a shirt in the ground.

and

A load of s*** I reckon.

It is.

I believe you should save that till he's posing with a shirt in the ground.

i'm not saying wether he has signed or not.

Tom says (17:03):

Hey mate, do you know if it's true Newcastle have signed that Brazilian kid?

Tom says (17:04):

Caio Ferreira or something

wesley says (17:05):

i dont know man

he didnt come bk

he was ther for a week

Seems he's not signed as far as I can tell.

Tom says (17:03):

Hey mate, do you know if it's true Newcastle have signed that Brazilian kid?

Tom says (17:04):

Caio Ferreira or something

i dont know man

he didnt come bk

he was ther for a week

Seems he's not signed as far as I can tell.

hes in italy trying to get a passport aye?

That's not really how it works but along those lines.

Guest Mucky01

not that it it says anything about this player, but The Times stated last week that nearly 1200 players left Brazil last year to play for overseas clubs.

“FIGURES just out from the Brazilian Ministry of Sport: in 2008, 1,178 footballers left the country to work elsewhere, nearly all of them to take up contracts in Europe”

so don’t get to excited about the fact he’s Brazilian just yet!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article5488936.ece