Kinnear offered 2.5/3.5 year contract extension

SUPERTOON

I just don't see the point in this coming out now, why should he get a new contract? He hasn't done anything of note yet. If he keeps us up then maybe I can see why the decision was made but at this moment in time it's just stupid.

I've kept quiet so far on Kinnear, but this is a disgrace.  Why, why , why would we do this?  An even worse decision that to appoint Roeder and Souness combined.

I just don't see the point in this coming out now, why should he get a new contract? He hasn't done anything of note yet. If he keeps us up then maybe I can see why the decision was made but at this moment in time it's just stupid.

Unless its to quell any questions incoming players might have. Who really wants to listen to what JFK has to say if he will only be in charge another 5 months.

Unless its to quell any questions incoming players might have. Who really wants to listen to what JFK has to say if he will only be in charge another 5 months.

A wiser question would be, who would ever want to play for JFK period.

Guest Brazilianbob

Not as stupid a move as some seem to think.  If, and I stress its a big IF, we are to make any signings in this transfer window, then it stands to reason that no player worth his salt is going to sign for a club whose manager will not be there the following season, which was the case with Kinnear going into the transfer window.

First of all Ashley has moved to stabilize the situation as regards ownership of the club, in order to make the club a little more attractive to potential targets, then he offers a long term contract to the manager to give the club an air of managerial stability and permanence.

It seems to follow that funds will now be made available in order to ensure EPL status for next season prior to Kinnear being allowed to bring in his own players in the summer. 

Ive said it before and I stick by it.  If Kinnear gets the job full time, I am done with the club.

I am skint as fuck at the minute and the £1400 season ticket I forked out for Is killing me tbh.  Only thing is, unlike most of you I paid for it by credit card so I dont think I can get my money back.  :no:

Do these players that are theoretically unwilling to sign in case Kinnear goes see something in him that everyone else does not? ???

The players' excuse may be "don't want to join a club that will change manager soon" but in reality it's that they don't want to be managed by an utter moron for 6 months.

Do these players that are theoretically unwilling to sign in case Kinnear goes see something in him that everyone else does not? ???

The players' excuse may be "don't want to join a club that will change manager soon" but in reality it's that they don't want to be managed by an utter moron for 6 months.

In which case this won't help one iota. :lol:

In which case this won't help one iota. :lol:

Kinnear doesn't know that yet, this is his master plan.

dont think players on the continent will have heard of him so Kinnear's credentials/personality/record doesnt mean anything. it'll be more to do with signing for a permanent manager who specifically wants that player, instead of for someone who isnt going to be around in a couple of months time, thereafter the player's future is up in the air as the next bloke might not want them.

of course there's also an argument that certain players who already play for us may have been waiting til the summer, once JFK is gone, to see if they want to stay or go (owen, given, martins etc). that he is staying may simply hasten their depature, or at least set it in stone.

Whilst being extremely unhappy with the current regime (not as unhappy as NE5 but not deluded as others are) I don't have any great objections to this. He has done as well as any could with the players we have, in the situation we are in.

The flip side to the whole spin that it helps transfers is that we might miss out on a few players that were thinking of signing in the knowledge we would be replacing Kinnear in the summer with someone decent.

Or is that a little too negative?

I assume Mike Ashley isn't interested in selling tickets to see Newcastle United FC next season.

I can picture Mike Ashley in a Sunderland top laughing as he talks to the Media about his plans for Newcastle.

Oh for fucks sake. Not even I am that paranoid.

just got in from work and seen this.  I want to cry.

If he signs, I honestly will morph into a mong and stand outside SJP with a placard/painted bedsheet.  If we don't go down this season we will next.

Does that fat fucking prick have one fucking brain cell in his thick skull?

Clearly he does, but he's reaping the whirlwind of poor advice he acted upon earlier in his tenure here. He's in a tailspin and he can't get out of it now.

His main concern right now will be how to protect his retail empire from the downturn that has already seen several big name high street chains go under, I would imaging getting himself out of the NUFC nightmare, whilst still important, probably isn't that big a priority for him and he'll be looking to the medium-term to get what he feels is a reasonably safe pair of hands on the tiller simply to steer the ship through the stormy waters and avoid relegation each season until the wider economy rights itself and we're back into calmer economic waters...and he'll then be able to sell the club at what he regards a reasonable price.

Not surprised by this turn of events at all. Disappointed, aye. But then we don't live in a Fantasy Football world. We live in this one, where things are fucking bleak and nasty and miserable sometimes.

..does anyone think that one day we'll rub our eyes, wake up and this will all have just one big nightmare?

No. It's real. Deal with it.

I assume Mike Ashley isn't interested in selling tickets to see Newcastle United FC next season.

I can picture Mike Ashley in a Sunderland top laughing as he talks to the Media about his plans for Newcastle.

Oh for fucks sake. Not even I am that paranoid.

It's not paranoia, it's trying to make light of what seems to be a hopeless, depressing future.

Its just Karma, you know KingDawson is Ashley in disguise..

I loved Souness. He'd punch you in the face, but he'd try to make up for it with expensive gifts, and there were a few happy memories.

Kinnear has just locked me in the cellar without any food.

Ashley has us locked in the cellar without any food.  Kinnear is the gimp he lets out of the box every so often to anally rape us.

If this is actaully true then Nicky Butt must be jumping for joy.  :suicide:

Guest fading star

A fictional conversation…..

If we don’t sign Jan Koller by the end of the week I’m fucking off

Calm down Joe. We’ll be making an offer for Koller just a soon as the fax machine is fixed, and Dennis is really close to signing those two wonder kids from Guatemala.

I saw the fucking video he sent me. The lad with the eye patch looked OK but the winger who came on after he’d finished his homework looked a bit on the small size.

It’s only a loan deal. If they’re crap we’ll give them a three year contract and sell them for a few million next year.

Like Shola?

Yeah like Shola

But we’re still going to get fucking relegated and I’ll be back on the fucking scrap heap again.

Look Joe. We’ve been delighted with the great job you’ve done but money’s a bit tight at the moment, what with the credit crunch and all that, but we’re going to refinance the club in the summer and invest a lot of money in the team. How would you feel about staying on for another season?

How much?

I can’t say exactly but it will be a lucrative deal. I’ll get Derrick to fax the contact across when the moon comes out. You just carry on the brilliant work and forget about this relegation nonsense. It is a fact there’ll be three teams worse than NUFC.

That sounds fucking great Mike, see you at The Queen Vic for the Chas & Dave Karaoke night.