The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Guest Heneage

I imagine him singing East 17's classic "Won't you stay another day" into a Working Mens club microphone, pint in one hand, a tissue full of tears and a bit of semen in the other.

Newcastle United heading for amicable settlement with Kevin Keegan

Mirror.co.uk, UK - 8 minutes ago

By Brian Mcnally, sundaymirror.co.uk 15/02/2009 Kevin Keegan is heading towards an amicable settlement with Newcastle United over his £8million constructive

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/02/15/newcastle-united-heading-for-amicable-settlement-with-kevin-keegan-115875-21125044/

Doesnt look like we will ever find out what really went on

Exactly. The out-of-court settlement is the thing I least wanted out of this whole sorry mess.

I wanted to find out what actually happened and settling means we'll never find out and the speculation will inevitably continue.

I think it was pretty obvious all along that it was likely to be settled out of court.

It's probably also best for all concerned if the settlement happens quietly. The last thing we need is for this highly emotional and divisive dispute to get back into the back page headlines.

not sure why anyone would WANT to know what went on tbh as it'll come down to one of 2 things:

1.  the pro-KK viewpoint which would then lead to more protests and vitriol toward the owner/wise/pat butcher/the south etc... til the day he left

2.  the opposite of this which would mean KK was a piehead asking to sign thierry henry etc.... on a budget of a packet of tudor crisps who then walked when he was told he couldn't, basically having your memories of the man torn apart and used as toilet paper

best solution all round imo

not sure why anyone would WANT to know what went on tbh as it'll come down to one of 2 things:

1.  the pro-KK viewpoint which would then lead to more protests and vitriol toward the owner/wise/pat butcher/the south etc... til the day he left

2.  the opposite of this which would mean KK was a piehead asking to sign thierry henry etc.... on a budget of a packet of tudor crisps who then walked when he was told he couldn't, basically having your memories of the man torn apart and used as toilet paper

best solution all round imo

I'd like to think a settlement out of court is an acknowledgment that both parties can be apportioned some of the blame.