Charles N'Zogbia joins Wigan Athletic for fee believed to be £6.5m

Nicky

I wouldn't want an all English team at this moment in time. English youth football at grassroots level is woeful and until that's sorted out the country won't be getting as many future star players as we should.

I think the different cultures add something to the team aswell. Jonas was an instant hit when he arrived partly due to some of his interviews.

Charlie was a hit with the fans straight away due to his pace and directness of play but when we signed Duff a lot changed for Charlie, then all the managers that stuck him at LB or dropped him for Duff just seemed to send him into a negitive mind set.

I have no problem with an all English team provided it's one of the quality that MON is building, but that takes serious cash and an intelligent manager. Joe on the other hand is loudmouth knob who will buy cheap and cheerful Brits because he can understand what they are saying.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1136543/NZogbia-wont-sleepless-nights-Kinnear-takes-Newcastle-down.html?ITO=1490

Charles N'Zogbia has again attacked Joe Kinnear's management style following his move from Newcaslte to Wigan. 

The Frenchman signed for Steve Bruce's side for £6million in the closing hours of the January transfer window following a huge bust-up with Kinnear after the Geordie manager referred to him as Charles Insomnia.

Kinnear tried to diffuse the row following his comments last week but N'Zogbia refused to accept his apology and warned fans he was heading for the Tyneside exit.

And he insists the silent treatment Kinnear gives his players is the reason he won't be having many sleepless nights if the Magpies do go down. 

He said: 'I had to move. I have been there for four years and nothing changed. Every year they would say "we will do this" or "we will do that" but nothing ever happened. 

'I don't want to play for to survive relegation, I want to play at a club that is playing at the top of the league. 

'It is good to have a manager who cares about you and asks you how you are. Somone who can really help you because you need that to play your best football.

'There was no conversation with Kinnear at all. I maybe spoke to him when there was something bad or if I played okay but he never spoke to me to explain why I was on the bench or something like that. He was the same with everyone.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1136543/NZogbia-wont-sleepless-nights-Kinnear-takes-Newcastle-down.html?ITO=1490

Charles N'Zogbia has again attacked Joe Kinnear's management style following his move from Newcaslte to Wigan. 

The Frenchman signed for Steve Bruce's side for £6million in the closing hours of the January transfer window following a huge bust-up with Kinnear after the Geordie manager referred to him as Charles Insomnia.

Kinnear tried to diffuse the row following his comments last week but N'Zogbia refused to accept his apology and warned fans he was heading for the Tyneside exit.

And he insists the silent treatment Kinnear gives his players is the reason he won't be having many sleepless nights if the Magpies do go down. 

He said: 'I had to move. I have been there for four years and nothing changed. Every year they would say "we will do this" or "we will do that" but nothing ever happened. 

'I don't want to play for to survive relegation, I want to play at a club that is playing at the top of the league. 

'It is good to have a manager who cares about you and asks you how you are. Somone who can really help you because you need that to play your best football.

'There was no conversation with Kinnear at all. I maybe spoke to him when there was something bad or if I played okay but he never spoke to me to explain why I was on the bench or something like that. He was the same with everyone.'

Another player coming out and bemoaning the current regime? Well I never.

Guest Heneage

Know many players that are sold and don't critique those who deemed them surplus to requirements?

Know many players that are sold and don't critique those who deemed them surplus to requirements?

Shay Given.

Shay Given.

Wasn't surplus to requirements, was he?

Shay Given.

I thought Nixon meant name a player who has left a club by not being deemed surplus to requirements but had criticised them. Sorry, he never made it very clear despite his excellent use of the English language. Surprisingly enough.

Not just the current regime though, is it.

Shay Given.

I thought Nixon meant name a player who has left a club by not being deemed surplus to requirements but had criticised them. Sorry, he never made it very clear despite his excellent use of the English language. Surprisingly enough.

Fair enough :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I think its pretty much a massive problem with every player if someone like Given is coming out and saying things about the regime. If it had just been NZogbia Id have discounted it as him moaning. But Given? Nah, thats a massive sign.

sorry to disappoint you, but Given is the first big player who wanted to leave this club, that was a fabric of the club, for over 20 years.

Guest Mucky01

if you ever get the chance to ask a player what he thinks of the present regime then you might be shocked by the resentment, I know I was.

sorry to disappoint you, but Given is the first big player who wanted to leave this club, that was a fabric of the club, for over 20 years.

To be fair there hasn't been many players of that stature recently.

if you ever get the chance to ask a player what he thinks of the present regime then you might be shocked by the resentment, I know I was.

spill the beans

Well, he was the longest serving first team player, if thats what you mean  ???

Explaining why he had left Newcastle, N'Zogbia told Sky Sports News: "I was not really getting on with the manager and I wanted to move away from the club.

"Since they sacked Keegan I was not really happy with the staff and wanted just to go."

is this you changing your name more than Elizabeth Taylor ?

The little fucker's been trying to get away every transfer window for the last two years, but he's leaving because of Kinnear don't you know..

Also pretty funny he's talking about not wanting to be at a club that just survives when the club he's just gone to finished below us last season and only stayed up on goal difference the season before.  They've had one good half a season in the league and this mugs convinced himself they're a big club who'll challenge for trophies :lol:

is this you changing your name more than Elizabeth Taylor ?

:lol:

This is the second time I've changed it in 4 years of being on this forum.