Ryan Taylor

Dave

Ryan's delivery of a dead ball is absolutely unbelievable.  It is as good as anyone I've ever seen, ever worked with or been associated with – and that includes a certain gent who now plays in America.

:pow:

:smug:

great, too bad he's s*** at everything else

For f***'s sake... I've got to do something else for a bit, the negativity on here is spectacular.

Funnily enough, this was the same quote that made me decide to stop being on here for a bit, starting from.....now.

I'm sorry, that was clearly a stupid comment. It's just that I've seen enough of Ryan Taylor to know that he's not capable of beating a man, which is quite important for a wing player and he's not a better defender than David Edgar.

Yes, he can take good free kicks but Nicky Butt takes good free kicks too. Yes, he's another body, but we don't need bodies, we need quality.

Guest Wally_McFool

I thought he was just the player we needed when he signed, but he's useless.

+1

Slow as fuck.. Pat Heard Mark II

A very much inferior version of David Beckham, he tried so hard to be him but fails, walks like him, runs like, tries to strike a ball like him but just isn't anywhere near as good or talented.

Ryan Taylor was the worst player yesterday in the starting eleven. How Gutierrez didn't get on is anyone's guess. Duff was decent for once, but surely Gutierrez should have came on for R.Taylor?

Ryan Taylor was the worst player yesterday in the starting eleven. How Gutierrez didn't get on is anyone's guess. Duff was decent for once, but surely Gutierrez should have came on for R.Taylor?

Not having a go, but it's amazing how many games this season I've seen something similar in matchday threads, etc. :lol:

I'd say 2/3s of his games this season people have said something along the lines of, "Duff's been ok this afternoon", or "Duff's less sh*t than usual". Are people that against admitting that he's not had a half-bad season this year?

I said during the first half yesterday that I'd make that change at half time.

Ye I was thinking the same. Which begs the question, what is he good at apart from set plays (apparently!)?

Hmmm...not that great at those either. In his debut game(the one when Raylor delivered and Saylor scored) he had a few decent set-pieces but since then he's been generally very poor at set-pieces!

Guest Heneage

I'd give Nolan a few games and someone along side him who offers something bar "Here you take the ball im fucked". 

Our midfield has to accommodate:

Jonas (obvious reasons)

Barton (leader, can drive forward)

Nolan (strong, grafter)

Duff (whatever people say about him, he is capable of producing)

Obviously there's no Guthrie involved in this midfield but it's unlikely that Barton can stay fit, so that solves that issue. Geremi is getting on a bit now, and Butt is...well, Nicky Butt.

Ryan Taylor is a good utility player but in all honesty I don't think he's good enough for our team. I'm hoping he'll do something to change my mind, i.e. score a corker vs Chelsea, but where's the realism eh lads? I was excited when we signed him because I thought he'd be a good player. But yesterday he showed that he was capable of falling over a lot and making a few rash challenges. Although he did get us a penalty, which I'm certain we didn't warrant.

Our midfield has to accommodate:

Jonas (obvious reasons)

Barton (leader, can drive forward)

Nolan (strong, grafter)

Duff (whatever people say about him, he is capable of producing)

Obviously there's no Guthrie involved in this midfield but it's unlikely that Barton can stay fit, so that solves that issue. Geremi is getting on a bit now, and Butt is...well, Nicky Butt.

Ryan Taylor is a good utility player but in all honesty I don't think he's good enough for our team. I'm hoping he'll do something to change my mind, i.e. score a corker vs Chelsea, but where's the realism eh lads? I was excited when we signed him because I thought he'd be a good player. But yesterday he showed that he was capable of falling over a lot and making a few rash challenges. Although he did get us a penalty, which I'm certain we didn't warrant.

Did you see the incident? Almunia was dry-humping and raping all over Raylor without being near any balls other than Raylors in any way.

---------------------- Harper ------------------------

Beye ----- Coloccini ------- Bassong --- Enrique

Jonas ------ Barton -------- Nolan ---------- Duff

------------- Martins -------- Owen ----------------

So frustrating how, on paper, that is such a good team. Urgh.