Ryan Taylor

Dave

Might as well play him instead of Routledge. We'd at least get some decent crosses for once.

I agree as routledge aint a proper winger in my eyes, I see him as someone playing in the hole behind the front man where his pace can be more effective.

Raylors last few performances have been great for us, so he deserves his chance again.

Ben Arfa's injured now, i'm speaking in the current context. I agree that he's looked out of his depth but i'd never, in a million years, get Taylor in ahead of him.

Or doing useful things when he does play in the Carling Cup.

I thought he was fairly poor against Chelsea, aside from the superbly executed FK. Besides, he was at full-back.

The only player who was poor in that game was Lovenkrands.

• 4 weeks later...

Wasn't anywhere to be seen on Sunday apparently. Has to be hard to take for the lad. Has performed considerably well and now Perch gets on the bench ahead of him even though he's clearly gash.

I'm not saying Taylor is great or particularly good, but if people get their places on work rate and merit, he has to be feeling pretty low.

I'd have him on the bench week in week out, best sub we've had since Aaron Hughes. Can shove him on in a number of positions.

Wasn't anywhere to be seen on Sunday apparently. Has to be hard to take for the lad. Has performed considerably well and now Perch gets on the bench ahead of him even though he's clearly gash.

I'm not saying Taylor is great or particularly good, but if people get their places on work rate and merit, he has to be feeling pretty low.

I'd have him on the bench week in week out, best sub we've had since Aaron Hughes. Can shove him on in a number of positions.

I'd rather play Perch at right back than Ryan Taylor, I hope that we move him on.

Guest Stephen927

It's unfortunate for him but if you're not good enough, you're not good enough. Not much difference between him and Perch at right back, and there's no use in having him on the bench as an option for right wing when Routledge is there too. Once Taylor comes back we should have him or Simpson/Williamson on the bench and I imagine those players could perform better than him at full back.

Should only really get a look in if injuries decimate the right side of our team, but tbh I'd rather Barton at right midfield than him.

It's unfortunate for him but if you're not good enough, you're not good enough. Not much difference between him and Perch at right back, and there's no use in having him on the bench as an option for right wing when Routledge is there too. Once Taylor comes back we should have him or Simpson/Williamson on the bench and I imagine those players could perform better than him at full back.

Should only really get a look in if injuries decimate the right side of our team, but tbh I'd rather Barton at right midfield than him.

Agreed, he's simply not good enough. Would be good to shift him in Jan, seem to have enough cover at right back and right wing now.

Agreed, he's simply not good enough. Would be good to shift him in Jan, seem to have enough cover at right back and right wing now.

I still think he can have a role to play coming off the bench, 1-0 down with 20mins to go, who would you rather have in the squad taking corners and freekicks? Even if he does nothing else...

It's a shame, he's good at his set pieces, but just not worth the spot for that. Barton seems to have come into his own on the corners, free kicks obviously will never reach the heights of Taylor's, but that's not enough for me.

Guest Stephen927

I still think he can have a role to play coming off the bench, 1-0 down with 20mins to go, who would you rather have in the squad taking corners and freekicks? Even if he does nothing else...

You're making out like he takes set pieces like Beckham. He isn't good enough defensively to see out a lead.

You're making out like he takes set pieces like Beckham. He isn't good enough defensively to see out a lead.

Compared to other players in our team, he does take set pieces like Beckham!

How many other players have actually scored freekicks in their career? Ryan Taylor obviously has several, can't think of any others, maybe Barton has scored one, but I don't remember him scoring any...

How many other players have actually scored freekicks in their career? Ryan Taylor obviously has several, can't think of any others, maybe Barton has scored one, but I don't remember him scoring any...

Guthrie scored one last season against WBA.

Guthrie scored one last season against WBA.

Was a beauty, that one.

Guest Stephen927

R.Taylor is s*** defending and weak as f***, but he's still the best set-piece taker in the squad IMO

Doesn't mean much when his overall play hinders the team.

Aaron Hughes was generally a nailed-on starter, not a sub.

And to be a good sub, you have to be somewhat competent. He's a terrible RB and just as bad at RW. Is there any evidence to suggest he can play somewhere else?