West Brom 2 - 3 Newcastle United - 07/02/09 - post match reaction from page 37

Dave

Well played to all the lads, attending fans, coaches etc. Massive massive win. We now have to beat Everton somehow because we'll be back down there at the end of the month with some of the top 4 to play us at SJP.

If Hull get something out of Chelsea and Arsenal We should excpect something on our grounds against this side. Also don't forget with this set of players we drew at old trafford at the beggining of the season. All we need is positivity.

Guest toonlass

Harper - 6

S.Taylor - 6

Enrique - 7

Bassong - 7

Coloccini - 6

R.Taylor - 7

Duff - 8

Butt - 6

Nolan - 7

Ameobi - 6

Lovenkrands - 8

I would agree with that and give Lovelypants MOM.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Owen, Viduka, Martins back for Everton?

Lovenkrands deserves to keep his place, as does Duff :(

Harper

Taylor Bass Colo Jose

Duff Raylor? Nolan Jonas

Viduka Martins

Owen

McLoven

Geremi

Shola

Butt

Smith

Edgar

I think Raylor could do a job in the middle of the park. Certainly better than Butt

Harper - 6. Did alright but could have done better for the first

Taylor - 6. Pretty gash i thought but he notched one. Horrific slip for the first goal and was pretty unconvincing all game.

Bassong - 6. Probably his worst game for us. Didn't hold the line well and got turned easily for their second.

Coloccini - 6. Alright-ish game but his errors are still there, even against the weakest of opponents.

Enrique - 6. Started really quite poor i thought but improved as the match went on.

R Taylor - 7. Thought he had a really decent game. Good delivery and got about the pitch really well.

Butt - 4. Terrible performance. It was Nicky Butt to a tee, today.

Nolan - 6. Barely in it. Not sure what role he is actually playing tbh.

Duff - 7. My MOTM, believe it or not. Constant thorn in their side with his dribbling and link up play with the strikers. Looked good.

Ameobi - 2. One of the worst individual performances of the season.

Lovenkrands - 7. I like the look of him tbh - pacey and intelligent. Worked hard and looked fairly dangerous. Looking forward to seeing what he's like with a bit more match sharpness.

We are match choice on Sky Sports one tonight.

Good, I haven't seen the game but it sounded like we had difficulty keeping posession in the second half and Butt and Nolan seemed to lose control of the centre. Great win though.

Ameobi - 2. One of the worst individual performances of the season.

Like sweet, sweet music  :snod:

gets 1 mark for coming on, and 1 for fucking off= 2

did fuck all else,.....no points for falling over, or fowling.

Thought we were excellent first half with defensive dodginess put aside, put together some nice moves and looked very good in possession. Could have easily been 4 or 5-1. Second half we were mostly comfortable up until the goal. We dropped very deep after that went in but in all honesty Brom didn't create too much, certainly didn't feel like it at the time though. Deserved win and a massive 3 points, well done lads. If Martins had played we'd have torn them a new arsehole. Nolan, Raylor, Duff and Lovenkrands stand-outs and am feeling good for next game with Jonas and Martins coming back.  :thup: